Results 2,131 to 2,144 of 2144

Thread: All Things Trump - Good or Bad

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,815 Times in 6,371 Posts

Letter drew gasps in security circles

Likewise, Mr Trump's petulance has only been magnified by not getting his way. In fact, his letter drew gasps in security circles.

Trips like the one Ms Pelosi and the Democrats were scheduled to take, called a CODEL, for Congressional delegation, are usually shrouded in secrecy, especially to places as sensitive as Brussels and Kabul.

Politicians use military planes, and the security is mapped out weeks in advance by the State Department's security service.

Never mind that he had taken his own trip to visit soldiers in Iraq at the start of the shutdown, or that a Republican delegation took its own government-paid trip despite the furloughs.

read more....

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Yesterday:-

Today:-

---------------------------------------------------

Trump Approval More Stable Than Approval for Prior Presidents[/B]

Consistent - not good but consistent!

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    What in the fuck is all this shicacca you are posting homer? No one reads this diatribe..

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monk View Post
    Didn't realise he had the (abuse of) power to do that. Wow!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

The Monk (01-18-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    What in the fuck is all this shicacca you are posting homer? No one reads this diatribe..
    And yet the view count for the thread ticks over...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

The Monk (01-18-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    And yet the view count for the thread ticks over...
    Not foe me..

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    Not foe me..
    You're replying in this thread which "COULD" imply you are reading posts...

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    What do Germans think of Donald Trump?

The first answer to the question is the best...

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    What do British think of Donald Trump?

This verbatim statement from John Cleese (of Monty Python), sums it up clearly:

“My American friends are asking me about President Trumps’s observation that the British ‘like him’.

I regret this is quite unfounded.

The explanation for this canard is that Trump is pronoid.

Pronoid is the opposite of paranoid. A paranoid person thinks, without any basis in reality, that everybody is out to get them. A pronoid person is someone who thinks, without any basis in reality, that everybody likes them.

The fact is that the British loathe Donald Trump.

This is because he is the polar opposite of a ‘ Gentleman ‘, who has qualities the British admire. A fine example is Gareth Southgate.

To the British, a ‘ Gentleman ' is a man who is modest, well-mannered, self deprecating, quietly intelligent, considerate of other people’s feeling, and well-informed.

He is not vulgar, inflated, vain, boastful, noisily ignorant, sleazy and common as muck.

I hope this clears up any confusion.”

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Part of the Reasons Brits Don't Like Donald Trump

President Trump’s catastrophic visit to Britain began with a political scandal of his own creation. In an interview with the Sun, a British tabloid, the U.S. president slammed the British prime minister, Theresa May, and supported her rival. He criticized her conduct of Brexit, the most contentious issue in British politics, and used inflammatory language about immigration, the second-most-contentious issue in British politics. The story appeared just as May was hosting a black-tie dinner for him at Blenheim Palace. Trump then took it all back, dismissing the journalists who had accurately reported his words as “fake news” and offering some flabby support for May. In response, the Sun published the full audio recording of the interview online — and loudly supported its original story with the front-page headline “FAKE SCHMOOZE.”

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Global:

A majority of Canadians have a low opinion of Trump’s America, as do many people worldwide: survey

The global image of the U.S.A. is at a historic low, with Canadians — as well as a majority of people across the 25 countries surveyed — expressing little confidence in U.S. President Donald Trump, a new Pew Research Center study has found.

Large majorities of respondents across the countries surveyed expressed concerns about America’s role in world affairs, with significant majorities saying the U.S. is slipping when it comes to helping solve global challenges, and isn’t taking into account other countries’ interests when making foreign policy decisions.

read more....

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    WHAT DO OTHER COUNTRIES THINK OF DONALD TRUMP? U.S. IMAGE FALLS AND CHINA RISES, POLL SAYS

The public image of the United States has dropped internationally under the administration of President Donald Trump—and many see China as a rising power, according to a leading poll agency.

The Pew Research Center published Monday the results of its survey entitled "U.S. Image and Global Balance of Power," which explores worldwide opinions of Washington's traditional economic and political leadership. The figures showed a declining trend in those who trust Trump and the U.S. in general with playing a top role in international affairs.

Overall, international confidence in Trump was at 27 percent, placing him well below the heads of traditional U.S. allies German Chancellor Angela Merkel (52 percent) and French President Emmanuel Macron (46 percent), and underneath Chinese President Xi Jinping (34 percent) and Russian President Vladimir Putin (30 percent) as well.

France and Germany had among the lowest faith in Trump, with 90 percent of respondents from both countries saying they had "no confidence" in him to do the right thing. Northern neighbor Canada polled at 75 percent no confidence in the Republican leader, while southern neighbor Mexico nearly topped the list with 91 percent. Spain led with 93 percent no confidence, whereas Israelis had 63 percent confidence in Trump and up to 83 percent in the U.S. a whole.

see more...
    Last edited by The Monk; 01-18-2019 at 09:20 AM.

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    Enough, this thread is locked permanently and this is the end of it. I'm sick and tired of the fighting and bullshit. Post this kind of stuff anywhere in the forum from this point forward and the first time you will get a 2 week vacation. Second time, you're done. I've been more than lenient and that ends today. I come here to have fun, not to see a bunch of fighting and most certainly not to see someone slag off my country on a daily fucking basis. If you're that fucking obsessed and that's all you want to do, go join an anti-American forum somewhere, but that shit is fucking done here and it's not open for discussion. This is the end. Period.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Goofy (01-18-2019), Pony (01-18-2019), RBP (01-18-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts
    The whole point of this forum is for friends to jump in, have a laugh, talk shit to each other, and overall be a little escape from the rigours of daily life.

Knowing that the majority of the US posters on this site are fans of the work President Trump has done for their country since coming into office - why anyone would feel the need to constantly post anti-Trump bollocks here is beyond me, it's as if you're purely trying to antagonise people.

If i had my way there would be zero political talk here at all, nothing good ever seems to come from it. The only reason it is allowed is purely because we don't want to come off as some Draconian, censorshipping site.

I know we're a lot more easy-going and tolerant here than pretty much any forum ive ever frequented, but sometimes people just push things a step too far........ so i fully support Lance's decision here, matter (and thread) closed, find something else to post about.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Goofy For This Useful Post:

brah pitt (01-19-2019), KevinD (01-19-2019), Pony (01-18-2019), RBP (01-18-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (01-18-2019)