#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,096 Times in 59,906 Posts

Gheye There's now a romper for men called the 'RompHim'

By Kelly Taylor - Fox 11

The line of rompers called RompHim was launched on Kickstarter by the company ACED Design, and it has overwhelmingly exceeded its $10,000 goal.

The makers say RompHim is designed to be your "favorite summer outfit," including days at the beach, parties on rooftops, music festivals -- you name it. It features a front pocket, an adjustable waist for all shapes and sizes, a zippered back pocket and a zipper fly.

Why the need for a guy romper, you ask? According to the creators, there were not enough men's clothing options out there.

"Everything was either too corporate... too fratty... too 'runway' ... or too basic. Something was missing," the Kickstarter reads. "Why wasn't there anything out there that allowed guys to be more stylish and fun without also sacrificing comfort, fit and versatility?"

Picture a lot of pastels and summer-type prints. If you feel like joining the romp squad, have a look for yourself here.

As you might imagine, Twitter was loving the news:

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
    How many have you ordered so far?

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

If this doesn't scream 'millennial hipster douchebag' I don't know what does

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (05-17-2017)

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    How many have you ordered so far?
    Only two

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

They're from Chicago

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (05-17-2017)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,255 Times in 16,489 Posts

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PorkChopSandwiches For This Useful Post:

RBP (05-17-2017)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Critics of Ugly Male Romper Outfit Denounced as ‘Troubling and Misogynistic’ Bigots

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/crit...nistic-bigots/

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,023 Times in 3,854 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    Critics of Ugly Male Romper Outfit Denounced as ‘Troubling and Misogynistic’ Bigots
    I don't know about all that but the guys in the picture sure look like a bunch of rope suckers.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Griffin For This Useful Post:

RBP (05-20-2017)

Newly Seeking Shelter
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I dont want to sound rude, but Romphim, kinda looks like prison issued pyjamas.

Sent from my SM-T535 using Tapatalk

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    these things are awful... can't wait to see the first douchebag wearing them

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Hipster One Man's Argument Against Rompers for Dudes: Can't We Just Wear Dresses?

By Josh Chesler - LA Weekly

The RompHim: A perfect outfit for lying to your bros about the Instagram model you allegedly hooked up with
    at Coachella.

Look, I’m all for people wearing whatever they want. Fashion is a part of culture that can only be interpreted on a personal level, and just because one person thinks an outfit is a dumpster fire doesn’t mean another shouldn’t wear it. That said, I can’t help but think the male romper (or the RompHim, because guys couldn’t possibly just call the garment what it's been called for over 100 years) is anything but a colossal pile of flaming Chainsmokers-level douchebag garbage.

Before getting to the obvious glaring issues with dudes wearing rompers, let’s start out with my strong suspicion that a lot of the bros throwing their support behind them didn’t know what a romper was a week ago. One look at the visuals for the official RompHim Kickstarter and social media pages shows that it’s clearly made for the type of guy who often drinks one too many mimosas at his usual outdoor brunch spot and at least considered buying a “Make America Great Again” hat before realizing that being “woke” led to much more success on Tinder. Forgive me if I’m wrong, but that doesn’t seem like the kind of guy who’s been clamoring for years to wear a button-up one-piece.

That leads to the next point, which is that the RompHim effectively defeats the purpose of wearing a romper. Nothing says “I want to look cute and woefully impractical” like a romper, particularly when it comes to using the bathroom. Ask any woman who’s worn a romper to a music festival how that experience in the sun-baked porta potty turned out, and you can easily understand why ladies everywhere are calling bullshit on the RompHim’s use of a zippered fly. If a dude is going to start mixing rompers into his closet full of boat shoes, khaki shorts and gingham shirts, he should at least get the full experience of having to entirely undress when his bladder fills after his fourth craft IPA.

But here’s the real kicker about dudes in rompers. As anyone with testicles who’s ever worn a romper can probably attest, having your crotch directly connected to your shoulders by a hammock of cloth can be more than a little problematic. Considering that camel toe is just about inescapable for many romper-wearing ladies, that seam going between your legs is going to be pretty dicey for any bro who wants a snug fit. Sure, Sean Connery pulled it off as James Bond, but your balls probably aren't attached to the slickest action hero to ever grace the big screen.

Even if the crotch were loose enough to fit comfortably when standing, it sure seems like most guys over six-foot wouldn’t be able to be able to sit upright and throw his shoulders back without it tugging on his junk at least a little bit. And if it’s loose enough to fit comfortably sitting down, then you’re looking at a drop-crotch romper which is something that literally no one has ever asked for (nor should they). The only way to fix the issue would be with a heavy dose of spandex, and at that point you might as well just be rocking a wrestling singlet along with that straw fedora. Good luck explaining to the girl you met while waiting to see David Guetta at a bougie hotel’s pool party why you’re hunched over every time you take a seat in your overpriced cabana.

Now, just because the RompHim may be the worst item of clothing since Crocs doesn’t mean men shouldn’t start defying gender roles when it comes to what they wear. Fat Mike of NOFX has made wearing dresses as punk as ever. Or remember when Kanye started wearing leather skirts? I’m still waiting for him to slap “Yeezy” on a sundress so all the sneaker-loving hypebeasts buy them up and slowly bring casual flowing summer gowns for men into mainstream retail stores. (No, really, how amazing and comfortable would it be for dudes to wear sundresses? It’s basically just the evolution of the tall tee or oversized basketball jersey.)

If there’s one saving grace to the RompHim, it’s that the first round of Kickstarter pre-orders won’t ship for another couple of months. so bros in places that have more than one season can wear it for about three weeks in August before it gets too cold. By then, at least some of the hundreds of dude-bros who paid upward of $100 each for them will have stopped mansplaining why they send unwanted dick pics long enough to realize they shouldn’t wear the floral onesie they ironically ordered.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (05-24-2017)