Page 26 of 102 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 ... LastLast

Thread: Aussie and Proud - Anything Relating to this Country.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,815 Times in 6,371 Posts
    The really good thing about us Aussies is that we can take it as well as dish it....... People have been taking the piss out of Australians for years and our sense of humour usually allows us to just say "Fuck You Cunt!" and get on with it.

The overly sensitive wankers here that are just as responsible as I am for continuing the Trump argument. They won't even believe their own people.

Mr DemonGeminix :- Your total rudeness and arrogance is appalling!!

GOODBYE!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monk View Post
    The really good thing about us Aussies is that we can take it as well as dish it....... People have been taking the piss out of Australians for years and our sense of humour usually allows us to just say "Fuck You Cunt!" and get on with it.

The overly sensitive wankers here that are just as responsible as I am for continuing the Trump argument. They won't even believe their own people.

GOODBYE!!
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    So now we don't get nudez of Bondi Beach?

noooooo

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,562 Times in 5,212 Posts

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

Pony (01-21-2019), RBP (01-21-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monk View Post

GOODBYE!!
    Have you ever had an actual conversation with anyone on this forum? I see you posting jokes, pictures etc but you rarely seem to converse with anyone and i think that's probably part of the problem. I know most people on this board pretty well these days and i consider them my friends. I know a lot of their likes and dislikes, i know what subjects can be touchy areas for most. Given how well i know these people, i try my best to make sure i'm not pissing them off, whether i agree or not - this is why you don't see me posting in political threads or gun debate threads or various other subjects, i could easily start arguments and lose friends that i've known for many years. So, either you knowingly post things to antagonise/anger our US posters or you just don't care because you haven't built relationships with them.

I was born and bred in Scotland, our laws and customs are far removed from the US, so what gives me the right to tell them they're right or wrong?

I can be very rude and arrogant too if someone i barely know starts talking shit about my country or my way of life without having the first clue of what it's like to grow up and live here.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Goofy For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (01-21-2019), Pony (01-21-2019), RBP (01-21-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (01-21-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
    Have you ever had an actual conversation with anyone on this forum? I see you posting jokes, pictures etc but you rarely seem to converse with anyone and i think that's probably part of the problem. I know most people on this board pretty well these days and i consider them my friends. I know a lot of their likes and dislikes, i know what subjects can be touchy areas for most. Given how well i know these people, i try my best to make sure i'm not pissing them off, whether i agree or not - this is why you don't see me posting in political threads or gun debate threads or various other subjects, i could easily start arguments and lose friends that i've known for many years. So, either you knowingly post things to antagonise/anger our US posters or you just don't care because you haven't built relationships with them.

I was born and bred in Scotland, our laws and customs are far removed from the US, so what gives me the right to tell them they're right or wrong?

I can be very rude and arrogant too if someone i barely know starts talking shit about my country or my way of life without having the first clue of what it's like to grow up and live here.
    You bring up good points Goof. About the type of exchanges between people here and the feeling of being insulted. Which brings up an observation I believe is really important.

"... our laws and customs are far removed from the US, so what gives me the right to tell them they're right or wrong?"

When someone posts a funny picture of Trump or a more serious stat about alleged dishonest statements or decisions he's made, that post is directed at Trump, not at members here. No one is saying Lance or Pony has done anything wrong.

I know some will say - When you insult our leader, you insult us... but that's a large disconnect between two ideas and not really true. The post is actually critiquing the leader's choices or actions, not the people who live in America. Yeah they voted for Trump, but they didn't make him impose trade sanctions on milk or steel ffs (oops)

eg I've had a lifetime of people bashing Canadians. I've been told I'm too polite, too passive, too kind, too dim witted, I live in igloos, I don't understand technology, I'm someone always following America's lead with no real identity of my own...and yet when someone here takes a shot at Canadians or my current leader, I laugh along with them.

Yes we've established that Monk piled on in that thread and didn't exercise tact in terms of a filter when posting Trumpisms. I think we should also remember that he didn't create the graphics, stats or news reports. He did what all of us have done. He used something from the internet that already existed. And I have yet to see one of his posts attack Americans in general.

I think when we discuss Monk 'piling on' with never ending insults against Trump, it's also important to realize - When I post something about Trump, it's not a stat about something Lance did.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

KevinD (01-26-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    You bring up good points Goof. About the type of exchanges between people here and the feeling of being insulted. Which brings up an observation I believe is really important.

"... our laws and customs are far removed from the US, so what gives me the right to tell them they're right or wrong?"

When someone posts a funny picture of Trump or a more serious stat about alleged dishonest statements or decisions he's made, that post is directed at Trump, not at members here. No one is saying Lance or Pony has done anything wrong.

I know some will say - When you insult our leader, you insult us... but that's a large disconnect between two ideas and not really true. The post is actually critiquing the leader's choices or actions, not the people who live in America. Yeah they voted for Trump, but they didn't make him impose trade sanctions on milk or steel ffs (oops)

eg I've had a lifetime of people bashing Canadians. I've been told I'm too polite, too passive, too kind, too dim witted, I live in igloos, I don't understand technology, I'm someone always following America's lead with no real identity of my own...and yet when someone here takes a shot at Canadians or my current leader, I laugh along with them.

Yes we've established that Monk piled on in that thread and didn't exercise tact in terms of a filter when posting Trumpisms. I think we should also remember that he didn't create the graphics, stats or news reports. He did what all of us have done. He used something from the internet that already existed. And I have yet to see one of his posts attack Americans in general.

I think when we discuss Monk 'piling on' with never ending insults against Trump, it's also important to realize - When I post something about Trump, it's not a stat about something Lance did.
    That depends. Goof's point about relationships comes into play.

Is it really about Trump or is it insulting our willingness to accept the President and ride the wave? Is it really intended to inform and educate or belittle and mock?

Let's say I'm at a bar and some dude's wife loses her cool. If I just met the person, and say, "man is your wife a being a bitch" I deserve to get punched.

If it's my buddy from college, he replies "welcome to my world" and we laughed and get another round.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (01-21-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    That depends. Goof's point about relationships comes into play.

Is it really about Trump or is it insulting our willingness to accept the President and ride the wave? Is it really intended to inform and educate or belittle and mock?

Let's say I'm at a bar and some dude's wife loses her cool. If I just met the person, and say, "man is your wife a being a bitch" I deserve to get punched.

If it's my buddy from college, he replies "welcome to my world" and we laughed and get another round.
    Comparing an intimate spousal relationship to a politician you voted for? Not sure about that but I see where you're trying to go.

If you guys love your leader that much ........not gonna finish

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Comparing an intimate spousal relationship to a politician you voted for? Not sure about that but I see where you're trying to go.

Not about that. About realizing how much relationship capital you have when commenting.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts

Here's the difference...sure, plenty of people hate our President, including many Americans. And there are things he does that I find objectionable, and I assume that RBP and DGX and Muddy and Porky and anyone else that supports him would agree as well. And I know that you and other non-Americans here don't like our President very much. But, do you hate him enough to start a thread about him and on the daily, multiple times a day, post article after article after meme after meme and diatribe after diatribe about just how much you dislike him? I'm all for political discourse and discussion, but I'm not for trolling, which is what he was doing. And if he actually cared about wanting to be here, the closure of one single thread wouldn't have forced a tantrum and caused him to leave.

This will be my last post/comment on the matter because this is like beating a dead horse now for me. People know where I stand, I've tried to be more than fair on everything, and it's just draining my will to live at this point. I just want to have some fun going forward. And as I've stated before, I'm all for discussions/criticisms of my President, my country, and Americans in general, so long as it's not being done as a troll. And I will step in and defend ANY member's right to do so, no matter what the topic.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (01-22-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    Not about that. About realizing how much relationship capital you have when commenting.
    Yeah I got that bit but still don't see how a meme that mocks a President cascades down to insulting your choice. You voted for him, you don't control his actions.

And to the other point, I don't think many internet graphics are posted to solely inform and educate. He's a political target and as we've already established, a somewhat easy target at that.

Regarding relationship capital when commenting, that touched on something we just talked about in another thread. We don't have to live in America to witness and understand his decisions. His decisions have already affected me and my life.

We're getting deep into the weeds here and that's not my intent. You guys were offended over the Trump thread and I understand that. At the same time Trump has done some questionable things in the world's eyes and just because a group of people think he's doing a good job as President, that doesn't automatically disqualify us from the conversation. Yeah you live there, but Trump's actions affect the entire world. He's the type of guy you want on your side, I get it. But when he's insulting our trade minister and PM, after enjoying a peaceful and friendly relationship for decades, some people start to feel scared/upset and begin to question his actions and motives.

Your question about relationship capital relating to allowable comments on a subject, seems to exclude us from making a negative observation because we don't live in Idaho.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Here's the difference...sure, plenty of people hate our President, including many Americans. And there are things he does that I find objectionable, and I assume that RBP and DGX and Muddy and Porky and anyone else that supports him would agree as well. And I know that you and other non-Americans here don't like our President very much. But, do you hate him enough to start a thread about him and on the daily, multiple times a day, post article after article after meme after meme and diatribe after diatribe about just how much you dislike him? I'm all for political discourse and discussion, but I'm not for trolling, which is what he was doing. And if he actually cared about wanting to be here, the closure of one single thread wouldn't have forced a tantrum and caused him to leave.

This will be my last post/comment on the matter because this is like beating a dead horse now for me. People know where I stand, I've tried to be more than fair on everything, and it's just draining my will to live at this point. I just want to have some fun going forward. And as I've stated before, I'm all for discussions/criticisms of my President, my country, and Americans in general, so long as it's not being done as a troll. And I will step in and defend ANY member's right to do so, no matter what the topic.
    I apologize Lance and don't mean to beat the horse. I was trying to illuminate the other side of the discussion and pose the possibility the member in question wasn't trying to insult you guys personally.

I'm scared of Trump and will leave it there for now. The Monk has his own motivations and my comments do nothing to help them.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts
    I apologize Lance and don't mean to beat the horse. I was trying to illuminate the other side of the discussion and pose the possibility the member in question wasn't trying to insult you guys personally.

I'm scared of Trump and will leave it there for now. The Monk has his own motivations and my comments do nothing to help them.
    No no, don't take it like that because that's not how I meant it, and if it came off that way, I'm sorry. I know what you were trying to do, I was just saying that for me, I feel like i'm the one beating the dead horse so to speak, not you or anyone else.

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Yeah I got that bit but still don't see how a meme that mocks a President cascades down to insulting your choice. You voted for him, you don't control his actions.

And to the other point, I don't think many internet graphics are posted to solely inform and educate. He's a political target and as we've already established, a somewhat easy target at that.

Regarding relationship capital when commenting, that touched on something we just talked about in another thread. We don't have to live in America to witness and understand his decisions. His decisions have already affected me and my life.

We're getting deep into the weeds here and that's not my intent. You guys were offended over the Trump thread and I understand that. At the same time Trump has done some questionable things in the world's eyes and just because a group of people think he's doing a good job as President, that doesn't automatically disqualify us from the conversation. Yeah you live there, but Trump's actions affect the entire world. He's the type of guy you want on your side, I get it. But when he's insulting our trade minister and PM, after enjoying a peaceful and friendly relationship for decades, some people start to feel scared/upset and begin to question his actions and motives.

Your question about relationship capital relating to allowable comments on a subject, seems to exclude us from making a negative observation because we don't live in Idaho.
    I was never offended by the Trump thread, I was fucking annoyed by the Trump thread. I'm not offended by screaming feminists either, but man are they fucking annoying while making themselves look like lunatics.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

KevinD (01-27-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (01-21-2019)