Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Martina Navratilova says Margaret Court is 'a racist and a homophobe'

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,815 Times in 6,371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    It's a shame that Serena is pregnant and out for the rest of the year, she won the Aussie Open this year and is only one Grand Slam away from tying Court and 2 away from passing her. As much as I hate the Williams sisters, I hope Court is still alive when she gets passed for the most Slams all time by a black woman when Serena comes back next year

I think she would be the first to congratulate her...... She is no racist!!! She is just a very religious person who disagrees with same sex marriage. I agree with her on that part only.

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monk View Post
    I think she would be the first to congratulate her...... She is no racist!!! She is just a very religious person who disagrees with same sex marriage. I agree with her on that part only.

In 1990, Court said Navratilova was a poor role model for young tennis players because of her homosexuality.

Navratilova said she had forgiven Court for those comments, but had only just been made aware of remarks the Australian made about South Africa's apartheid regime.

In 1970, Court said: "South Africa has the racial situation rather better organised than anyone else, certainly much better than the United States."