Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
OK What the fuck.

I don't know where to start. One of the main 2-3 crypto sites I've used the last couple years before mostly bailing from the game was QuadrigaCX. I hop on there to check the markets too just to see how they're doing. Today the website just down, and says

They had $190 million of Canadian customer's money. Their site is gone. The CEO died under what I would call mysterious circumstances - he was traveling in India and allegedly died 'from complications related to crohn's disease (which a) Isn't usually fatal and b) nobody with this disease serious enough to be fatal goes to India). There is no death certificate, obituary, etc., just his wife tweeting that he's dead. He also signed a will 2 weeks before he died and his social media is wiped from the internet.

This company it came out late last year also had some involvement with a sketchy Mexican dude and CIBC froze their assets for a while because they knew something was up.

I think I still had about $250 just sitting on the site in Canadian cash I meant to withdraw. I won't see that again but I won't lose sleep over it, that was pure gains and I should've known better.

This was supposed to be a fairly stable, Vancouver based currency exchange but now it's turning into a future Netflix documentary

What a way to wake up to this news. Welp this is why they say if you don't hold your own keys, you don't actually own your crypto.

Very interesting story

Yeah, you need to manage you own wallet