Page 45 of 55 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone Into Digital Currency?

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,562 Times in 5,212 Posts
    Ugh, I'm in. I hate it, but I may have no choice in the end.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    Ugh, I'm in. I hate it, but I may have no choice in the end.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post

I'm gonna drop a few ks into Crypto over the next few months. Precautionary.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Welcome to the fold. Dollar cost averaging or are you gonna watch the markets for a while and try to buy the dips?

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts
    Welcome to the fold. Dollar cost averaging or are you gonna watch the markets for a while and try to buy the dips?
    Ranch dip is the one I like Maybe French onion from time to time, too

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,255 Times in 16,489 Posts
    Hey @PorkChopSandwiches are you using metamask at all?
    No, haven't heard of it, I'll take a look

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Stick with Bitcoin or Ethereum at first those are the strong coins

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkChopSandwiches View Post
    Wrong

This is the type of crypto you want to take advantage of

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (11-09-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    No, haven't heard of it, I'll take a look
    So you're just buying everything you own off of exchanges, you haven't gotten off of the Mainnet at all?

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Wrong

This is the type of crypto you want to take advantage of

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    So you're just buying everything you own off of exchanges, you haven't gotten off of the Mainnet at all?
    No, I "buy" very little currently. I use LTC that I mine and convert it to other coins thru my exodus wallet

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PorkChopSandwiches For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (11-08-2021), lost in melb. (11-09-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Just an FYI for anyone interested: I'm finding that it is cheaper to buy Bitcoin on Kraken than it is on Coinbase or Coinbase Pro. For some odd reason, Coinbase is quoting a $300-ish upcharge on top of the quoted price when you initiate the buy, probably just to make some more money. You're not getting charged $300, you're just not getting as much Bitcoin for your money. Kraken doesn't do that. Coinbase Pro's fees are slightly higher than Kraken, but they're both cheaper than Coinbase. I don't know if Coinbase Pro has that upcharge. Mostly, I'm sticking to Coinbase right now, but that may change soon. There are more exchanges out there than what I'm listing here. I have no idea how many there are.

@PorkChopSandiches The reason I'm asking you about the Metamask browser plugin, is because it gives you access to Altcoins not available on the several exchanges that I have accounts on (Coinbase/Coinbase Pro, Kraken, Binance.US). What you do is you purchase tokens on an exchange, and through the altcoin's website instructions, you use the Metamask plugin to transfer the exchange bought coins you wish to use in a convoluted way to get to the tokens you can't get on the exchanges, including some of those sub-.01 tokens that I'm watching. These tokens aren't on the Mainnet, and the only way to get to them is to get the tokens traded on a different blockchain, like the Matic network. It's just that the process is a pain in the ass and those gas fees are fucking insane. But that's how people seem to be acquiring altcoins before they're listed on the exchanges, like the Shiba Inu token. People were buying that back in August/September 2020 before it was first listed on any exchange (first listed May 2021). Subsequently, the people that bought SHIB in the beginning were the ones that became multimillionaires. Personally, I think our chance with SHIB has passed. I might be wrong, but it really depends on if SHIB can reach $1.00 (in my case), and I don't think it will happen with the amount of SHIB available. They'd have to burn a lot of tokens to enable the price to rise that high.

If there was any easier way, I'd probably never ask about it, because I wouldn't be so skeptical.
    Last edited by DemonGeminiX; 11-09-2021 at 08:50 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Just an FYI for anyone interested: I'm finding that it is cheaper to buy Bitcoin on Kraken than it is on Coinbase or Coinbase Pro. For some odd reason, Coinbase is quoting a $300-ish upcharge on top of the quoted price when you initiate the buy, probably just to make some more money. You're not getting charged $300, you're just not getting as much Bitcoin for your money. Kraken doesn't do that. Coinbase Pro's fees are slightly higher than Kraken, but they're both cheaper than Coinbase. I don't know if Coinbase Pro has that upcharge. Mostly, I'm sticking to Coinbase right now, but that may change soon. There are more exchanges out there than what I'm listing here. I have no idea how many there are.

@PorkChopSandiches The reason I'm asking you about the Metamask browser plugin, is because it gives you access to Altcoins not available on the several exchanges that I have accounts on (Coinbase/Coinbase Pro, Kraken, Binance.US). What you do is you purchase tokens on an exchange, and through the altcoin's website instructions, you use the Metamask plugin to transfer the exchange bought coins you wish to use in a convoluted way to get to the tokens you can't get on the exchanges, including some of those sub-.01 tokens that I'm watching. These tokens aren't on the Mainnet, and the only way to get to them is to get the tokens traded on a different blockchain, like the Matic network. It's just that the process is a pain in the ass and those gas fees are fucking insane. But that's how people seem to be acquiring altcoins before they're listed on the exchanges, like the Shiba Inu token. People were buying that back in August/September 2020 before it was first listed on any exchange (first listed May 2021). Subsequently, the people that bought SHIB in the beginning were the ones that became multimillionaires. Personally, I think our chance with SHIB has passed. I might be wrong, but it really depends on if SHIB can reach $1.00 (in my case), and I don't think it will happen with the amount of SHIB available. They'd have to burn a lot of tokens to enable the price to rise that high.

If there was any easier way, I'd probably never ask about it, because I wouldn't be so skeptical.
    Interesting, I was looking into KDA, but it isnt available on my wallet or Coinbase

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Gonna buy the dips. Gotta be quick though...

I did my first practice purchase. Ethreum, BNB and a little Doge for fun.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

PorkChopSandwiches (11-09-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Loopring's on a tear again. It's currently up 40-ish%.