Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 'To Catch A Predator' host caught Cheating.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yt Trash View Post
    Nobody said it was a crime. There's a morality issue. Guy makes a name for himself in sting operations busting pedophiles and I might add, preaching in the interviews after the fact to the perps.

It's funny no matter how you slice it.

It is a crime in many of your states and grounds to be charged http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion...umn26_ST_N.htm

and yes I think it's hilarious too because his job involved catching criminals breaking sexual laws...he took the moral high ground so to speak on one issue
    and got nailed breaking the law on another 'moral' issue.

Have a seat dude, we have plenty

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Ok, maybe my sense of humor isn't working right today, but the way I'm seeing it is that you guys are saying that an adult who cheats on his wife with another consenting adult can't tell other guys not to fuck 13 year old boys and girls. To me, that's not irony. There's an obvious big line. He didn't cross it, other guys did.

One thing's not a crime and one is a crime. He was helping bring perverts to justice, for doing something he didn't do himself. I don't care if he was caught assfucking a sloppy 80-year old prostitute, if he helped get 100 kiddie fuckers off of the street, he's ok in my book.

Again, sorry. My sense of humor is obviously not in evidence today.
    Don't harsh my mellow, bro.

I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,894 Times in 11,969 Posts
    Maybe I don't find it funny because I see pedophilia and cheating on your wife with a consenting adult as so far apart on the moral scale that they're not even in the same universe. I don't think one cheating on their spouse is a good thing at all, but it's nowhere near as bad as sexually abusing a child.

Ok, let me put it to you guys this way. Various members of my family are in law enforcement. As such, I've gotten some pretty decent knowledge on how things work in various aspects of the law enforcement field. I've known people who've put people behind bars, I've known people who've worked behind bars, and I've known people who were behind bars, and they all say the same thing: Pedophiles and people who hurt children out of compulsion are always the shit at that bottom. You have gang bangers, drug dealers, murderers, violent thieves, etc... and the one thing they won't tolerate is a person who hurts a child. They won't suffer a pedophile. When the criminal population finds out what the pedophile is in jail for, he's as good as dead. Yet, those same criminals wouldn't give a shit about somebody cheating on their spouse, unless they were cheating on their spouse with the convict's significant other. So I guess knowing that has made me define my moral scale a little differently than most people. As far as cheating on your spouse goes, it's bad, but it's not as bad as dealing drugs, armed robbery, or premeditated homicide, to name a few... but the sexual assault of a child is worse than anything I've mentioned before. So, to me, if a guy is preaching "don't try to have sex with children", then even though he cheated on his spouse, I don't find him to be a hypocrite at all. I don't see the irony of the situation that you guys claim to be so hilarious. The morals that he preached in his investigations are so far removed from his transgression that, to me, we're talking about two entirely different playing fields altogether.

That's just my two cents. And I've said just about everything I can say. I'm done.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,773 Times in 4,012 Posts
    DGX I think everyone got your point from the get go. Of course they're not on the same level. Not even close!! I'd string up and shoot a pedophile. Hansen cheating is water off the duck's back.

It's still funny... the guy who casts the first stone is a cheating scumbag. He's not a sick sexual predator. But he's not a hero either, he's just full of shit like everyone.

It's irony, and good for a simple chuckle

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    DGX I think everyone got your point from the get go. Of course they're not on the same level. Not even close!! I'd string up and shoot a pedophile. Hansen cheating is water off the duck's back.

It's still funny... the guy who casts the first stone is a cheating scumbag. He's not a sick sexual predator. But he's not a hero either, he's just full of shit like everyone.

This.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,110 Times in 59,910 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post

Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    This.