vBookie Event: Pick your odds (Mayweather v McGregor)
This event is over.

Outcome Odds Total Bets Total Staked
Mayweather to win 1/5 F (1.20) 5 3800 WIN!
Mayweather to win by T/KO 2/3 (1.67) 3 1400 WIN!
Mayweather to win by decision 5/2 (3.50) 0 0  
Mayweather first round victory 16/1 (17.00) 1 200  
McGregor to win 7/2 (4.50) 5 3500  
McGregor by T/KO 4/1 (5.00) 5 3362  
McGregor to win by decision 10/1 (11.00) 1 100  
McGregor first round victory 16/1 (17.00) 4 450  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Mayweather v McGregor Boxing Match [SETTLED]

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    Fucking good for McGregor, who expected him to fight like a lion for 10 rounds?

Guys a true athlete

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (08-28-2017)

weapon of mass consumption redred's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,562 Times in 3,632 Posts
    They may as well sent each other hurtful emails the 1st 4 rounds

Riding this motherfucking beat like a tractor
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,582 Times in 1,192 Posts
    you could tell he was fucked by round 5. Mcgregor would have done much better with a couple of fights under his belt IMO, but it was a much better fight than I was expecting

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Mayweather had him figured out by the 4th or 5th round. He lost his juice. I was surprised he lasted 10. That guy's got some chin on him. If he increases his stamina and endurance, and he learns to mix up his strategy a little, he could be a serious monster in the boxing ring.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redred View Post
    They may as well sent each other hurtful emails the 1st 4 rounds
    I read a good round by round review of the fight. Some the same happened towards the end of the fight too. It's like most anticipated, Mayweather was in it for the long haul.

Something I thought was pertinent was when Mayweather said MMA fighters are used to fighting 25 minutes max and I'm going to exploit that.

Conor must be in great shape to stay in there for 10, he's got nothing to be ashamed of

weapon of mass consumption redred's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,562 Times in 3,632 Posts

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts

Despite loss to Mayweather, McGregor silences doubters in the world of boxing

by Bill Reiter - CBS Sports

LAS VEGAS -- Floyd Mayweather won the fight but Conor McGregor, his under-appreciated and widely ridiculed rival, won the night.

Losers? There were plenty. The sport of boxing. The many former Mayweather rivals who failed to put on a show of such guts against the all-time great. The boxing media, the study stream of experts, active boxers and former boxers who said McGregor did not belong in that ring. And anyone -- there were many -- who scoffed at McGregor the boxer.

In the 10th round, as McGregor wobbled and the crowd stood and the air changed, Mayweather went in for the kill. His boxing acumen and excellence -- even at age 40 -- was again beyond dispute. But even as the referee stepped in to put a stop to the fight with Mayweather officially dispatching the Irishman via TKO, a different kind of victory had been won.

This week, I wrote that to triumph McGregor didn't actually have to win the fight. He had to prove he belonged in that ring. All week long, while here in Vegas on radio row speaking with those for whom boxing is a holy thing, almost everyone outside of the UFC scoffed at the idea that McGregor could do even that much.

Loudly.

Confidently.

Over and again.

McGregor wouldn't win a round. He wouldn't land a single punch. He would embarrass himself so thoroughly that his reputation would be changed once he returned to the UFC. MMA, cute thought it was, would find some much-needed humility.

Over and over they heaved that narrative at anyone who dared suggest -- or even ask -- whether Mayweather-McGregor was not in fact something worth taking seriously.

So while Mayweather now stands at 50-0, his opponent has his own surprising record: Conor McGregor 1, Rest of the Boxing World 0.

Mayweather beat McGregor. McGregor beat everyone else associated with the sport.

That's why McGregor smiled in the ring shortly after he lost the fight. The money had always been assured, so don't pretend it was his now-bulging bank account. This other thing -- respect in the boxing ring -- was hard-earned and hard for many to believe.

McGregor won at least three rounds, and he filled T-Mobile Arena with enough nervous energy to properly shame Manny Pacquiao and Canelo Alvarez for their own lackluster performances against Mayweather.

"He's a tough competitor," Mayweather said afterward. "And I think we gave the fans what they wanted to see."

They did, but to clarify: McGregor gave the fans what they came to see -- a jolt. Mayweather, in all his methodical brilliance, was exactly what we expected. It was his opponent who turned the evening into show we hoped to see, and it was his opponent who was the real star of the spectacle that turned into a real sporting event.

"He's a lot better than I thought he was," Maywather said, echoing, well, just about everyone.

And he was still, even after the beating he took in the later rounds, pure Conor McGregor despite the loss.

"He's not that fast, he's not that powerful, but boy is he composed," the Irishman said, laughing and smiling as if he'd won the fight. "I thought it was close. They should have let me keep going. He's composed in there. You gotta give it to him."

McGregor continued: "I thought it was close. Let me go down. Let the man put me down. That's energy, that's not damage. Let me wobble back to my car. You've got to put me out. I don't know what way to feel to be honest."

Feel proud, McGregor.

Hold your head high. Know you didn't beat Floyd Mayweather, but you did take down a throng of doubters so deep and stunned that boxing itself took a knee to you Saturday night.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Goofy (08-28-2017)

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts
    I still think McGregor shouldve thrown everything at Floyd in the first two rounds.......

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Goofy For This Useful Post:

PorkChopSandwiches (08-28-2017)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts
    Someone on Twitter says that Mayweather had to win or else they would have charged McGregor with a hate crime

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (08-28-2017), Hal-9000 (08-28-2017), Muddy (08-28-2017), PorkChopSandwiches (08-28-2017)