Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Podcasts?

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,770 Times in 4,009 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    They're hilarious, but definitely not something you can listen to without either headphones or with the windows rolled up when driving in close traffic. I'll check out that other Barstool podcast too

My question is, how do people listen to the podcasts that are 2 and 3 hours long? I would like to check out the Joe Rogen podcast because I've heard clips from it, but damn, every single one of his episodes is well over 2 hours long and he puts a new one out every day.
    It's really tricky eh, I can't keep up with all the shows I want to listen to. Rogan is great at times (some of his episodes are pseudoscience BS) as he's really a master at the long-form interview, kind of like Stern. For me part of it is just being picky about which episodes I listen to based on the guest.

I also listen at about 1.25x speed on an app call Overcast which also splices out blank spots it detects in speech, which helps a bit.

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    I looked up that Spittin' Chicklets podcast and most of them are all well over 2 hours long, some more than 3 hours

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    You don't notice (hear) that it's sped up when you play it faster than 1x speed?

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    You don't notice (hear) that it's sped up when you play it faster than 1x speed?
    You do... but at about 1.15-1.25x it's only noticeable at first and then your brain adjusts. Anything faster is too fast to catch everything said for me.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (01-29-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Too many podcasts, not enough time

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    You do... but at about 1.15-1.25x it's only noticeable at first and then your brain adjusts. Anything faster is too fast to catch everything said for me.
    I've got a couple that I set to 1.1x speed, but anything past that and it just goes TOO fast. Especially when some of the podcasts have speakers that talk quickly to begin with.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I've got a couple that I set to 1.1x speed, but anything past that and it just goes TOO fast. Especially when some of the podcasts have speakers that talk quickly to begin with.
    Ya fair enough, I'm about 1.15 usually but my brain has adjusted... if I occasionally hear it at normal speed I'm like man this intro is long

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks

Too many podcasts, not enough time
    Interesting news on Barstool today - the media network that's behind podcasts like Call Her Daddy and some of the other largest sports podcasts in North America (Pardon My Take, Spittin Chiclets, etc.)... this rinky dink company that people are always shitting on, just sold a large stake to a gambling enterprise, Penn National Gaming at a $450M valuation. That's just wild for this formerly tiny company that I've been following for years, started by this chubby loudmouth Dave Portnoy (the pizza review guy) in his garage in Boston. He started by handing out his printed editorial in subway stations himself It surely pisses off a lot of SJW losers who believe the company is misogynistic or whatever with little to no real evidence. Very happy for that this group of goofball bloggers and podcasters that pride themselves on being "by the common-man, for the common-man." I'm going to buy some shares in Penn National Gaming because I think they're going to the moon, and sports gambling is legalized now.
    Last edited by Godfather; 01-30-2020 at 06:52 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (03-05-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Too many podcasts, not enough time. At least I can listen during the day at work from time-to-time.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Godfather (03-06-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Hey GF, if you get a chance, you have to check out the Playing-A-Round with Paige Renee podcast. I've listened to 2 eps now and it's pretty damn funny. Definitely not PG either

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Godfather (03-06-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Will do, thanks buddy. I'm in the same boat as you, too many podcasts and not enough time. I guess all you can do is be selective about the guests you tune in for.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Will do, thanks buddy. I'm in the same boat as you, too many podcasts and not enough time. I guess all you can do is be selective about the guests you tune in for.
    The only good thing is that most of the ones I'm listening too are either only once a week or every few days. But 5 of them are daily, that's when they start to back up on me.

And on the Paige Renee podcast, I listened to all 4 eps yesterday. I really like her podcast a lot. Ep 3 deals with her nude photo getting released. It's a tough listen, but it's damn good and it really made me feel bad for her.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks

Too many podcasts, not enough time. At least I can listen during the day at work from time-to-time.

Hey Lance, have you followed the Call Her Daddy podcast shit going on? I'm sure you've noticed but they haven't released a new episode in weeks. Lot of rumors swirled but Dave just released a 30 minute episode on the Call her Daddy podcast explaining everything How does this guy always come out on top? Dave's the best.

Anyways, I'll summarize the drama because it's funny. Basically these girls imploded their contract after year one of a three year deal. They each made half a million the first year (despite telling fans they're broke), but demanded more before the contract expired.

Bartool generously offered to renegotiate and had millions waiting for them, even offered to shorten their deal to 2.5 years at which time they could take the brand and walk - wasn't enough. Turns out the brunette Sophia and her boyfriend (some HBO exec) shopped the brand and had a new platform lined up that was willing to fight Barstool's contract. Alex wanted to take the new Barstool deal, so now the two aren't talking and the podcast is basically toast.

I wasn't a big listener of CHD but how wild is it to see a podcast that was nearly number one in North America completely fall apart due to greed and drama in a few months. On one hand it is surprising... on the other, it's not
    Last edited by Godfather; 05-18-2020 at 07:00 AM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

Pony (05-18-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Hey Lance, have you followed the Call Her Daddy podcast shit going on? I'm sure you've noticed but they haven't released a new episode in weeks. Lot of rumors swirled but Dave just released a 30 minute episode on the Call her Daddy podcast explaining everything How does this guy always come out on top? Dave's the best.

Anyways, I'll summarize the drama because it's funny. Basically these girls imploded their contract after year one of a three year deal. They each made half a million the first year (despite telling fans they're broke), but demanded more before the contract expired.

Bartool generously offered to renegotiate and had millions waiting for them, even offered to shorten their deal to 2.5 years at which time they could take the brand and walk - wasn't enough. Turns out the brunette Sophia and her boyfriend (some HBO exec) shopped the brand and had a new platform lined up that was willing to fight Barstool's contract. Alex wanted to take the new Barstool deal, so now the two aren't talking and the podcast is basically toast.

I wasn't a big listener of CHD but how wild is it to see a podcast that was nearly number one in North America completely fall apart due to greed and drama in a few months. On one hand it is surprising... on the other, it's not
    Isaw the story in the New York Post from this weekend (Call Her Daddy podcast hosts have ‘turned on each other,’ insider says) and I started listening to the podcast this morning. Only got about halfway through it before my boss got here (we share an office) so I had to cut it short. Now I'm not a huge fan of Barstool or Portnoy, but what I've heard so far sounds like he's being straight, coupled with the story inj the Post, so I dunno. It looks like they are blaming it all on Sofias's bf who doesn't seem to be all that well liked anyways. So I dunno. Interesting to see what will happen. Too bad, I really liked CHD and it sounds like greed and one guy putting a bug in their ears made them think they could do better.

It doesn't help that neither one of them will say anything about the whole issue.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks