Thread: Outstanding User Quotes

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    The Associated Press

CINCINNATI – A retired teacher who sued a school district, saying administrators discriminated against her because of a phobia that makes her fear young children, lost her appeal in the federal case on Wednesday.

A three-judge panel of the 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Cincinnati upheld a lower-court decision that had dismissed Maria Waltherr-Willard's breach-of-contract claim against Mariemont City Schools. The U.S. District Court in Cincinnati also had ruled in favor of the school district on her other claims, including age and disability discrimination.

Attorney Brad Weber, who represented Waltherr-Willard, did not immediately return a call seeking comment.

The 63-year-old teacher, who had taught Spanish and French at Mariemont High School in Cincinnati since the 1970s, said she was transferred to a middle school in 2009. Her lawsuit said the seventh- and eighth-graders triggered her phobia, causing her blood pressure to soar and forcing her to retire in the middle of the 2010-11 school year. Her lawsuit sought unspecified damages.

An attorney for the school district had said Waltherr-Willard was transferred because the French program at the high school was being turned into an online one and the middle school needed a Spanish teacher. A message seeking comment was left for the district's attorney on Wednesday.

The appeals court said in its ruling that the lower court was correct in ruling in the school district's favor on the various claims. On the breach-of-contract issue, the court said Waltherr-Willard contended that her correspondence with several unidentified school officials created a contract that required Mariemont to keep her at the high school.

"But the Mariemont School Board undisputedly never ratified such a contract, which means for our purposes that there was not one," the appeals court said in its ruling.
    Quote Originally Posted by redred View Post
    i think i have the same phobia , either that or i don't like children
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    they fear your disfigurement
    Quote Originally Posted by Pony View Post
    kid 1:"he's a mutant"
    Kid 2: "shh not so loud"
    kid 1: "Why, not like he could hear us anyway"

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goofy For This Useful Post:

Fodster (02-13-2015), PorkChopSandwiches (02-12-2015)

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts
    The people must know she's the daughter of a famous sport star...the bravery of social media has gotten out of hand
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    That's not bravery.
    you know what I meant...I guess I should have italicized it or put it in quotes.
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Italics work great as a makeshift sarcasm tag. Quotes too.
    " "