Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,773 Times in 4,012 Posts
    Ok I'm drunk again

So I was hanging out with friends tonight, two of which happen to be a very liberal, lesbian couple (the women's march, cry about Trump, gender neutral types), one of whom I've known 10 years and went from straight, to hard-core lesbian and married to a chick within *6 months* (which, forgive me, was a bit weird to swallow because I've known her years and never got a whiff of gay from her). We totally embrace her and her newfound life and spouse, and they're good friends.... but sometimes they say and do shit where I can't help but think she's lost her mind (I have an example about gender/language I'll share if anyone cares).

On to part two:

So... we were playing this game where you have all these words on a board, and then two teams split up, and using hints, a leader from each team tries to get their teammates to guess which words on the board are theirs words using one-word hints (the first team to get their own team to guess their six words on the board going back and forth wins). Also, one word on the board is the 'kill' word where if either team guesses it mistakenly using their hint, they lose. Great game, can't remember the name for the life of me

Part 3:

ANYWAYS.... our team leader used the word "professional" for 2-points. The words doctors, soldier, and nurse were all on the board and seemed the closest. So I simply said "it's got to be doctor, maybe soldier or nurse".... To which my loud lesbian friend said "THAT'S SEXIST" - clearly for choosing doctor first.

.....excuse me? Where are you implying that I chose Doctor over Nurse for anything related to gender? These are just professions historically defined as 'professional' along with engineers, accountants and lawyers. I said "what?" And she scoffs and goes "Oh...pfft... nothing".

Lady... there's a female doctor standing beside me, and one of our close friends is a male nurse. If she wanted the answer to be doctor and nurse she'd just say 'medicine' or 'hospital.' Fuck off. I can't imagine how you could possibly call me the sexist for presuming the clue 'professional' was 'doctor' and without inferring anything to do with gender. How desperate must you be to call-out an injustice to make that leap?

I pussied out and let it slide because it was this girl's house ... my wife appreciated me letting it go But c'mon man, get a grip
    Last edited by Godfather; 01-21-2018 at 09:45 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

Pony (01-21-2018), RBP (01-21-2018)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,110 Times in 59,910 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Ok I'm drunk again

So I was hanging out with friends tonight, two of which happen to be a very liberal, lesbian couple (the women's march, cry about Trump, gender neutral types), one of whom I've known 10 years and went from straight, to hard-core lesbian and married to a chick within *6 months* (which, forgive me, was a bit weird to swallow because I've known her years and never got a whiff of gay from her). We totally embrace her and her newfound life and spouse, and they're good friends.... but sometimes they say and do shit where I can't help but think she's lost her mind (I have an example about gender/language I'll share if anyone cares).

On to part two:

So... we were playing this game where you have all these words on a board, and then two teams split up, and using hints, a leader from each team tries to get their teammates to guess which words on the board are theirs words using one-word hints (the first team to get their own team to guess their six words on the board going back and forth wins). Also, one word on the board is the 'kill' word where if either team guesses it mistakenly using their hint, they lose. Great game, can't remember the name for the life of me

Part 3:

ANYWAYS.... our team leader used the word "professional" for 2-points. The words doctors, soldier, and nurse were all on the board and seemed the closest. So I simply said "it's got to be doctor, maybe soldier or nurse".... To which my loud lesbian friend said "THAT'S SEXIST" - clearly for choosing doctor first.

.....excuse me? Where are you implying that I chose Doctor over Nurse for anything related to gender? These are just professions historically defined as 'professional' along with engineers, accountants and lawyers. I said "what?" And she scoffs and goes "Oh...pfft... nothing".

Lady... there's a female doctor standing beside me, and one of our close friends is a male nurse. If she wanted the answer to be doctor and nurse she'd just say 'medicine' or 'hospital.' Fuck off. I can't imagine how you could possibly call me the sexist for presuming the clue 'professional' was 'doctor' and without inferring anything to do with gender. How desperate must you be to call-out an injustice to make that leap?

I pussied out and let it slide because it was this girl's house ... my wife appreciated me letting it go But c'mon man, get a grip
    You're a better person (note I said person, I don't want to assume your gender and say that you're a better 'man') than I am, wife or not, I would have laid into that 'woman'

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Godfather (01-23-2018)