Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: "C'mon man" and "fuck you" thread

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Thanks guys, it helps to have you all weigh in. I feel kind of silly having typed that all out looking back, but it's off my chest, I still feel I was as reasonable as I could've been, and you've all reinforced what I was feeling so I can move on. Whether he does or not is up to him and it's not something I should give two fucks about.

Appreciate it. That's why I love this place.
    I've found sometimes if I go through something serious and rant here, it helps me not constantly talk about it in person. It's a valve for sure

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

Godfather (07-05-2019), KevinD (09-04-2019), RBP (07-04-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (07-04-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    I've found sometimes if I go through something serious and rant here, it helps me not constantly talk about it in person. It's a valve for sure
    Unleash your valve on us any time, Hal.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (07-04-2019)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (07-04-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

RBP (07-04-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,770 Times in 4,009 Posts
    Alright so we go down to Leavenworth WA for this boys weekend I was telling you guys about. Rented an AirBNB house with a bunch of rooms, huge yard for volleyball, near the river for swimming, hiking, all that shit. SUPER fun weekend.

I have a grievance though

My core group of buddies and I do guys weekends at a cabin fairly often (lucky enough to have a couple friends with generous parents who let us use theirs), but this trip was bigger than usual, 14 guys, as it was supposed to be a stag for our friend who wanted a lot of his other buddies invited.

As usual we split duties: organizing activities was one group, booze was another, and a few of us including myself took on the groceries (I worked in a kitchen as a teen so I like organizing this shit). I made a rough menu and assigned people to each meal so nobody got stuck cooking/grilling all weekend, and kept it simple (burgers, pasta, etc)

So a day before the trip I threw it to our group chat asking if anyone has any allergies. Of course three dudes are vegetarian and one of them is also dairy free. I kind of gently asked if they wanted to do their own shit for food. but they just wanted to be part of the group and we agreed to have some non-meat options.

Once we got into the US naturally we hit up Costco and did a massive $800 shop, and got a bunch of extra veggies, eggs, hummus, that kind of stuff for the veggie people. It went okay during the trip... except for dairy-free-douche making a scene on the hike when someone ate his dairy-free lunch we'd packed

At the end of the trip we're all splitting the bills. Food came out to $60/person for FOUR DAYS of non-stop eating good food. Cheaper than eating at home for 4 days probably!

And these three assholes have the audacity to ask, after we'd all settled up the bills using Splitwise... if we can cut their bills because they didn't eat meat.

Fuck you bitch. You opted in when you should've done your own stupid diet separate. We bent over making extra dishes for you while also trying to organize food for 14 grown ass men on a drinking trip. Not only that but me and another guy picked up rounds of drinks at a cocktail bar for them which easily outweighed the meat they didn't eat.

Nobody responded so they eventually caved in to the cricket noises in our group chat and paid their bills... but fuck you.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

brah pitt (08-30-2019), DemonGeminiX (08-30-2019), Hal-9000 (08-30-2019), KevinD (09-04-2019), Muddy (08-30-2019), Pony (08-30-2019), RBP (08-30-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (08-30-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Dairy free douche..

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

RBP (08-30-2019)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    Alright so we go down to Leavenworth WA for this boys weekend I was telling you guys about. Rented an AirBNB house with a bunch of rooms, huge yard for volleyball, near the river for swimming, hiking, all that shit. SUPER fun weekend.

My core group of buddies and I do guys weekends at a cabin fairly often (lucky enough to have a couple friends with generous parents who let us use theirs), but this trip was bigger than usual, 14 guys, as it was supposed to be a stag for our friend who wanted a lot of his other buddies invited.

As usual we split duties: organizing activities was one group, booze was another, and a few of us including myself took on the groceries (I worked in a kitchen as a teen so I like organizing this shit). I made a rough menu and assigned people to each meal so nobody got stuck cooking/grilling all weekend, and kept it simple (burgers, pasta, etc)

So a day before the trip I threw it to our group chat asking if anyone has any allergies. Of course three dudes are vegetarian and one of them is also dairy free. I kind of gently asked if they wanted to do their own shit for food. but they just wanted to be part of the group and we agreed to have some non-meat options.

Once we got into the US naturally we hit up Costco and did a massive $800 shop, and got a bunch of extra veggies, eggs, hummus, that kind of stuff for the veggie people. It went okay during the trip... except for dairy-free-douche making a scene on the hike when someone ate his dairy-free lunch we'd packed

At the end of the trip we're all splitting the bills. Food came out to $60/person for FOUR DAYS of non-stop eating good food. Cheaper than eating at home for 4 days probably!

And these three assholes have the audacity to ask, after we'd all settled up the bills using Splitwise... if we can cut their bills because they didn't eat meat.

Fuck you bitch. You opted in when you should've done your own stupid diet separate. We bent over making extra dishes for you while also trying to organize food for 14 grown ass men on a drinking trip. Not only that but me and another guy picked up rounds of drinks at a cocktail bar for them which easily outweighed the meat they didn't eat.

Nobody responded so they eventually caved in to the cricket noises in our group chat and paid their bills... but fuck you.
    Not to mention that a lot of times, meat free and dairy free alternatives cost just as much, if not more than actual meat. There's nothing worse than cheap-ass bitches trying to get out of paying.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (08-30-2019), Godfather (08-31-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts

Boy have times changed. What a bunch of pussies. Fuck you, indeed.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

brah pitt (08-30-2019), DemonGeminiX (08-30-2019), Godfather (08-31-2019), Hal-9000 (08-30-2019), KevinD (09-04-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks

The bill did need to be further adjusted. Vegan Vic and Dairy Free Douche need to pay extra for being exceptional pains in the ass
    during the planning/shopping and prep phase

At work we used to have great potluck lunches and barbecues. Until one day we decided to pool our money and buy a group lunch. None of the following is a joke. 10 guys:

Gay, deaf guy can't have dairy or gluten - all pizza, most sandwiches, milkshakes and ice cream cakes are out. (this was over 10 years ago, not many gluten-free places)
    Hindi guy from Fiji can't eat beef - all burgers and roast beef sammies are out.
    East Indian Muslim guy can't have pork products - no bacon, ham or even pork rind flavored chips.
    Malaysian Muslim guy can't have pork or beef - pure vegan items only.
    North African Muslim guy will eat Halal* foods only - ever try asking someone at Wendys how their cows were slaughtered?
    Weird young white guy claims to be vegan - yet multiple employees have watched him eat ham sandwiches for lunch.
    Black Canadian guy doesn't eat any pig products - Christian and not Muslim by faith, just won't eat things from a pig because they're dirty animals.
    White old Canadian guy won't eat at Subway or any Chinese food - traumatic experiences at both types of restaurants, scarred him for life.
    Fat East Indian Hindi guy (5'2'' tall, approx 260 lbs) - not supposed to have cow, but will eat anything and always is in trouble with the wife because of it.
    Yours Truly - will put anything in his mouth at least once.

We had to have a 45 minute fucking meeting to decide on one group lunch, rather than walk around for two minutes and make a list.
    We settled on KFC, it was shit and we swore to never attempt it again

C'mon man fuck all y'all!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

RBP (08-30-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,740 Times in 4,205 Posts
    Yours Truly - will put anything in his mouth at least once.
    True story.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Pony For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (09-03-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts
    This hurricane's forecasted track is getting worse for me with every update. C'mon man!

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

Godfather (08-31-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,923 Times in 6,613 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    This hurricane's forecasted track is getting worse for me with every update. C'mon man!
    Just nuke it

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fricnjay View Post
    Just nuke it

25. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

Pony (09-03-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Heard it was the second most powerful to make landfall..is that right?

Saw the Bahamian news. Winds over 150 and water up to the windshields on trucks

C'mon nature man, fuck you!!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,770 Times in 4,009 Posts
    The vids coming out show just insane destruction. Horrible. If anyone has a charity recommendation let us know. I think the Bahamas are one of the less corrupt countries but I'm still skeptical of all these charities that pop up after disasters. I guess Red Cross is a safe bet?

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

RBP (09-05-2019)