Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: "C'mon man" and "fuck you" thread

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,023 Times in 3,854 Posts
    I tried to discretely check out my neighbors puppies once and my wife didn't talk to me for over a week.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Griffin For This Useful Post:

Godfather (04-20-2020), RBP (04-20-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,770 Times in 4,009 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    I tried to discretely check out my neighbors puppies once and my wife didn't talk to me for over a week.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (05-03-2020), RBP (04-20-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,740 Times in 4,205 Posts
    Rant of the day: So will someone please explain to me the point of the directional aisles at the stores now? I think it's based on the assumption that everyone will go up and down every aisle in an orderly and timely manner keeping 6 feet from one another.

I'm sorry but MOST people are there to get in and get out grabbing a dozen or so essential items. For example, if I needed pasta sauce, a case of water, bread and some lunch meat I may need to go up and down 8 aisles to get those items. The "normal" way I'm going up and down 2.5 aisles (.5 because pasta sauce and water are near the very end and I don't have to go all the way through).

So their way I'm spending 3x as long in the store, coming in contact with 3x as many people because I'm going up and down a bunch of rows that I don't need to, just to get to the "correct" starting point.

Am I wrong? C'mon man! and FUCK YOU!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pony For This Useful Post:

RBP (05-03-2020), Teh One Who Knocks (05-04-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    C'mon man! Don't you realize supermarkets need to look like they're doing something useful?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

Pony (05-03-2020), RBP (05-03-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,131 Times in 1,886 Posts
    The actual main purpose for the directional aisles is to get you to buy more stuff. Most people are impulse buyers. They may on come in for certain items, but quite often will buy more if they see or smell it. It's the same line of thought that separates food items that go together. When's the last time you saw condiments on same aisle as breads?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KevinD For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (05-03-2020), Pony (05-03-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    The actual main purpose for the directional aisles is to get you to buy more stuff. Most people are impulse buyers. They may on come in for certain items, but quite often will buy more if they see or smell it. It's the same line of thought that separates food items that go together. When's the last time you saw condiments on same aisle as breads?
    Like sheep being herded to slaughter.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pony For This Useful Post:

KevinD (05-03-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Griffin For This Useful Post:

Pony (05-03-2020)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pony View Post
    Rant of the day: So will someone please explain to me the point of the directional aisles at the stores now? I think it's based on the assumption that everyone will go up and down every aisle in an orderly and timely manner keeping 6 feet from one another.

I'm sorry but MOST people are there to get in and get out grabbing a dozen or so essential items. For example, if I needed pasta sauce, a case of water, bread and some lunch meat I may need to go up and down 8 aisles to get those items. The "normal" way I'm going up and down 2.5 aisles (.5 because pasta sauce and water are near the very end and I don't have to go all the way through).

So their way I'm spending 3x as long in the store, coming in contact with 3x as many people because I'm going up and down a bunch of rows that I don't need to, just to get to the "correct" starting point.

Am I wrong? C'mon man! and FUCK YOU!
    Do what they tell you Citizen

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (05-05-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Some days I think I'm pretty clever and savvy and can learn things on the internet. Other days I feel moronic.

We had a floor lamp with a pull chain that quit working, the pull chain wouldn't budge. I decided to fix it. Got out my small screwdriver kit and watched a bunch of videos on fixing problems on similar lamps and it looked dead easy. Just take it apart, unjam the chain and you're gold.

So I carefully disassembly the fixture, taking photos and placing the parts nicely in order as I go. It's going great at first, the exterior assembly comes off, then some screws which let go of another big piece, but I still couldn't access the chain to get at the jam, so I unscrew the next set of screws... and then whoosh. As soon as I got the last screw undone, springs go and out explodes all sorts of tiny pieces all over the damn place. The whole chain assembly pops out giving me no chance to see how it goes back together. Every piece is black so I can't tell what the fuck went where, although I can tell that nothing seems broken so if I hadn't been an idiot and let it pop out like that, it was definitely repairable. In my defense, none of the vids I watched had any similar springs to watch out for but I still should've held the part more carefully as I loosened the screws. I took things apart as a kid and knew better then.

I sat there for half an hour trying to figure it out, while simultaneously trying to google the model to see if any diagrams exist (spoiler: there are none). Eventually I cracked a beer and gave up feeling dumb.

C'mon man.
    Last edited by Godfather; 05-17-2020 at 01:23 AM.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (05-17-2020), KevinD (05-17-2020), lost in melb. (05-17-2020), RBP (05-17-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Did you try unplugging it then plug it back in?

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Griffin For This Useful Post:

Godfather (05-17-2020), Pony (05-17-2020), RBP (05-17-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Some days I think I'm pretty clever and savvy and can learn things on the internet. Other days I feel moronic.

We had a floor lamp with a pull chain that quit working, the pull chain wouldn't budge. I decided to fix it. Got out my small screwdriver kit and watched a bunch of videos on fixing problems on similar lamps and it looked dead easy. Just take it apart, unjam the chain and you're gold.

So I carefully disassembly the fixture, taking photos and placing the parts nicely in order as I go. It's going great at first, the exterior assembly comes off, then some screws which let go of another big piece, but I still couldn't access the chain to get at the jam, so I unscrew the next set of screws... and then whoosh. As soon as I got the last screw undone, springs go and out explodes all sorts of tiny pieces all over the damn place. The whole chain assembly pops out giving me no chance to see how it goes back together. Every piece is black so I can't tell what the fuck went where, although I can tell that nothing seems broken so if I hadn't been an idiot and let it pop out like that, it was definitely repairable. In my defense, none of the vids I watched had any similar springs to watch out for but I still should've held the part more carefully as I loosened the screws. I took things apart as a kid and knew better then.

I sat there for half an hour trying to figure it out, while simultaneously trying to google the model to see if any diagrams exist (spoiler: there are none). Eventually I cracked a beer and gave up feeling dumb.

C'mon man.
    I have to admit, I laughed at your defeated drinking. #sorrynotsorry

A new assembly is cheap. Just replace the entire piece.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Godfather (05-17-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    I have to admit, I laughed at your defeated drinking. #sorrynotsorry

A new assembly is cheap. Just replace the entire piece.
    Glad it got a laugh. That's good advice, I'll look into that.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Glad it got a laugh. That's good advice, I'll look into that.
    Yep, most hardware stores sell a couple different versions of pull chain sockets. Or possible to retrofit it to a turn knob. You should be able to make something work for only a few bucks.

And don't feel bad, my skill level is pretty high and I've taken one of the spring loaded gismos apart before and got it back together, still didn't work. In my experience they don't "jam" unless something broke inside so it probably needed replaced anyway. Sometimes the best way to learn is to try.
    Last edited by Pony; 05-17-2020 at 07:41 AM.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pony For This Useful Post:

Godfather (05-17-2020), Griffin (05-17-2020), KevinD (05-17-2020), RBP (05-18-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Oh my god I'm livid.

I made amazing smelling poached chicken just an hour ago. Cooked it from cold like Serious Eats said, added onions, garlic, herbs. House still smells great... but I left it cooling on the counter for 15 minutes to come up here and shit post, and my wife's mother fucking cat got on the counter, dragged the chicken breast onto the carpet, ate half and abandoned the rest. That was supposed to be dinner tonight I didn't know this fat friggin' cat could even get on the counter, and he's never eaten chicken before when my wife's given him a piece. I guess my poached chicken was irresistible. How do you even punish a cat who looks at me with cold dead eyes and clearly gives zero shits?

Anyways, now I'm going to poach the cat with a bay leaf.

FUCK YOU
    Last edited by Godfather; 05-27-2020 at 02:18 AM.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

Pony (05-27-2020), RBP (05-27-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Years ago I had just taken a roast out of the smoker that had been on about 8 hours. My cousins wife started screaming, she had broken a glass and cut her hand.
    After we got her bandaged and settled down, we went back out for the roast. The only thing on the platter was a few black hairs from the neighbors dog.
    Nothing to do but go back to the meat market. We ate about 2:00 in the morning.

via GIPHY

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Griffin For This Useful Post:

Godfather (05-27-2020), RBP (05-27-2020)