Thread: "C'mon man" and "fuck you" thread

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    You could call back and try your luck with a different CRS
    I called my sister because it was an estate related thing and she said the same thing

Krista was close in her reasoning because all policies have increased in Calgary over the the past couple of years. Our home was assessed at 571k this year so that probably plays into it as well.

Still man...if I want to hear a bunch of sighing and durrrhhhh noises, I can watch the under 70 IQ Club vids on Youtube

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I need a specific part for the toilet upstairs (by the way, DON'T ever buy an American Standard Champion 4 eco-flush toilet), because the tank is slowly draining water through the flapper and causing ghost flushes every hour or so. The replacement kit is a rubber gasket seal for the flapper and a little O-ring for the nut on top of the assembly. Amazon.ca has the correct American Standard valve seal kit and while there are knock offs, apparently the American Standard version will last longer and includes the O-ring.

The kit is only around six bucks and I notice it's an "Add-on item". Amazon won't ship the item on it's own because it's cost prohibitive for them, so they have a condition:

"Ships with any qualifying order over CDN$ 25"

So I add a couple more things I don't really need, bringing my order total to around 31 dollars. I go to the checkout and my total becomes 43 dollars, because they felt the need to add 12 dollars shipping!

I get really pissed off

They won't ship the thing I need by itself, regardless of any extra shipping charges. They incite me to add more stuff to bring my order total over a certain amount, and then they pile on shipping charges?? Fuck you and C'mon man!!!

So I send a nastygram outlining my displeasure using all sorts of polite phrases like 'strange business practice' and 'not sure if I'm going to continue shopping with Amazon in future.'

I won't regale you with the lame response I got, but let's just say it must have been Amir's first day

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I bought a phone protector from them in 2016. It was 2.89 and they charged me around 4 dollars for shipping. Completely fair I thought.

Now they feature "Add-on items" that can't be shipped on their own and use some really dodgy process where the item can be confirmed, but not actually shipped until it 'qualifies'?

And I put the thing in my cart, went to hit checkout and there is no *&^%#@!! checkout button for those items because of the weird, not clear conditions

I almost launched my keyboard across the room

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    I bought a phone protector from them in 2016. It was 2.89 and they charged me around 4 dollars for shipping. Completely fair I thought.

Now they feature "Add-on items" that can't be shipped on their own and use some really dodgy process where the item can be confirmed, but not actually shipped until it 'qualifies'?

And I put the thing in my cart, went to hit checkout and there is no *&^%#@!! checkout button for those items because of the weird, not clear conditions

I almost launched my keyboard across the room
    I know, I've come across those stupid add-on items

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Then their customer service rep sends me this note with some really confusing direction, really just circular talk that doesn't solve my problem at all.

"If it was Amazon, I would resubmit the order and hope the shipping charge doesn't show. If it was an independent vendor, maybe resubmit through main Amazon and view the outcome?"

Hope...and are you instructing me or asking a question YOU don't know??

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Ordered some toilet parts from Build.ca. Ordered Weds, they arrived today, colored me impressed for ground shipping within two days

Unfortunately, it's -31C currently, windchill putting the temperature down to -33C.

The courier didn't knock on the door or attempt to ring the doorbell (UPS once again...) and just left the package right on the step, not in the mailbox. (It's a 5x9 envelope).

Sent my nastygram to the supplier already and it's too bad the courier doesn't have anything resembling common sense.

C'mon man it's -31 outside and you leave something on the step, don't even try to alert the home owner and can't put it in the mailbox? FUCK YOU.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks

Just got off the phone with a UPS rep. The driver in question even indicated on his trip summary that he didn't knock.

"package was left on doorstep as the neighborhood was deemed safe"

Oh boy did I have fun with that The UPS rep had no idea that for 27 years I was on the other side of the scenario, often tracking packages and handling client complaints.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    UPS and FedEX never knock on our door when they deliver stuff.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Well now that particular driver will get a notice from UPS, and hopefully get one from the supplier as well.

From me to supplier - This is my first order through your company and it's shame the courier in question ruined the experience for your customer. The parts ordered are likely ruined.

It's such a shame because your turnaround time was so promising and I was looking forward to submitting more orders in the future. Now I'm not sure

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,740 Times in 4,205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    UPS and FedEX never knock on our door when they deliver stuff.
    They usually knock or ring the bell and then walk away when they deliver my stuff. At least 75% of the time.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pony View Post
    They usually knock or ring the bell and then walk away when they deliver my stuff. At least 75% of the time.
    I had to catch a guy a couple of years ago. They were leaving door knockers (paper notices saying collect your package at the depot) without attempting contact first.

I literally peeked through the curtains watching as the guy didn't bring the package with him to the door and put the door knocker on.

As he jogged back to his truck I threw open the door and yelled, "CAN I HELP YOU?" Guy looked sad, went and got my package, walked back to me.

I thanked him and said - You didn't even try and knock or ring the bell. That's not good. See ya!

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts

Nope C'mon man and fuck you (part deux)

I think this thread got lost, so I am starting another. Tell the stories that piss you off. Only rule is it has to end with "c'mon man!" or "fuck you" or both.

I avoid doctors because insurance has gotten stupid. The latest scam? "Facility charges". I had a previous problem with this. Went to an urgent care. Paid my $100 copay. Then I get billed several hundred in additional charges. What? It was a facilities charge that isn't covered by the copay. I threw several fits and got it removed. C'mon man.

Now it happened again with a different system. So I have an appointment to get my ears cleaned out. Office visit, right? I pay my $30 copay. All good? Nope. They bill the office visit, a surgical charge, and a mystery charge, totaling $697! $257.53 after network discounts. The "facilities charge" is $441, net $202.86. Insurance says they can only process as billed. Now I have to throw another fit.

That's on top of the $342 they billed (net $107.64) for a referral to Ophthalmology, for which I should have had a $60 copay only.

C'mon man. Fuck you.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Godfather (09-20-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,770 Times in 4,009 Posts
    C'mon man, starting a new thread rather than finding the old one a page or two back, fuck you

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

Goofy (09-20-2018), Muddy (09-20-2018), RBP (09-20-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    C'mon man.!!!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

RBP (09-20-2018)