Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: "C'mon man" and "fuck you" thread

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,740 Times in 4,205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    It's nice to have friends who turn to you for support, and knowing you can do the same.

But when someone texts out of the blue and goes "hey got any good stock tips" I genuinely don't know how to respond...

How do you nicely say: I am not an expert or a professional, I do not know anything about your finances or your goals, and I do not want even a whiff of responsibility for them. I love talking about the markets which is probably why I occasionally get this kind of text, but in my experience nobody who's really open to learning about investing texts you out of the blue expecting you to have a 'sure thing stock' locked and loaded for them.

C'mon man
    Buy low, sell high.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pony For This Useful Post:

brah pitt (08-30-2019), DemonGeminiX (06-18-2019), Godfather (04-18-2019), lost in melb. (06-28-2019), RBP (04-17-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (04-17-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    With the warmer weather, there should be a lot more eye candy out while I work my routes. This is bullshit. Where are all the smoke shows out training for the summer skank olympics?!? C'mon, man!
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

brah pitt (08-30-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,770 Times in 4,009 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    With the warmer weather, there should be a lot more eye candy out while I work my routes. This is bullshit. Where are all the smoke shows out training for the summer skank olympics?!? C'mon, man!
    They're out in force here I often wonder where they go to live in the winter... all these smoke shows aren't just wearing parkas all winter, I'd have picked up on that. I think they must go live underground until it's crop top and boot short season (respectfully, ya know).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

RBP (06-18-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    They're out in force here I often wonder where they go to live in the winter... all these smoke shows aren't just wearing parkas all winter, I'd have picked up on that. I think they must go live underground until it's crop top and boot short season (respectfully, ya know).

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    My old commute took me across the city, from SW to NE. Most of the route was a road called Memorial Drive which runs beside the river paths for jogging and cycling.

I swear, some days the eye candy was so heavy I wished for an extra Gawking-lane to be created so I could drive slowly and admire the views

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

KevinD (06-19-2019), RBP (06-18-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    One of my favorite channels on youtube right now is 'World War Two.' They're releasing a video each week talking about the events of WWII that week exactly 79 years prior (so their most recent vid is June 22, 1940), and will go through until at least 1945 with lots of fill-in episodes in between with a ton of interesting info on the war, weapons, politics, home life, etc. They did this same format for 4 years of WWI as well in a series called The Great War. It's good production, solid story telling, well researched, and covers all fronts of the war quite well, and it's getting better as they grow (smaller channel still, 250,000 subscribers).

Aaaaaaand youtube just demonetized them.

Youtube: Fuck you

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (06-26-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Ahhh I fucked up big.

I'll try and be brief but it's tricky so feel free not to read -it's for my own catharsis to type it out I'll take any sage wisdom I can get though

So my mother-in-law is dating a real asshole. Dude is a grumpy fart in his late 60's, smokes pot 20 hours a day (which I'm usually not judgemental about except that he still does it no matter the occasion, including in front of my Christian family), he has never had a steady job or a family but thinks he's the model for all manhood and success in life. He's the type of guy who says he drives better high, that you're an idiot for keeping your money in banks, that whatever job you work, car you drive or house you buy is dumb. He'll tell you a piece of history you've just read about is a conspiracy theory. He thinks he can talk to dolphins - for real. He bashes religion and the Church in front of my religious parents. He skipped our wedding to avoid dressing up. It goes on like this. Frankly he's the worst communicators I've met in my life. You can't tell him a story without it becoming his story, or being told you're wrong. My wife, her sister and I can't stand the dude, but try our very best for mom. I wish you could meet him before I tell this story but anyways....

So he and my MIL were over for dinner along with my side of family this week. It was supposed to be a smaller dinner to meet my brother's new girlfriend, but my MIL guilted my wife into an invite, so that's fine even though my family all can't stand the boyfriend. Boyfriend comes over in a miserable mood, sits away from everyone being a turd while we're laughing and having appetizers. At dinner he takes only one item I've cooked and I ask him in a friendly way if he's on a health kick because usually he's a big eater, and he snaps 'don't worry about it.' Ok, I guess that's how tonight's going. So we're all chatting about some random topic after dinner he thinks only he knows about, and he gets on a soap box. Three people in a row make a point and he snaps at each one sequentially telling them: "you don't know what you're talking about," "you're wrong," and finally he says to my wife's point "Oh that's bullshit." I'd had it and snapped before thinking about it. I growled at him "you are so rude, you've talked down to three people in a row, it's unbelievable, it's not even just what you're saying it's how you're saying it." I didn't curse, but I was mad, and when he tried to make an excuse I said "no, you've belittled everyone at this table."

Everyone basically dropped their forks because I usually bite my tongue when he speaks. And despite pretending to be the penultimate tough guy, former fisherman with thick skin, he took it like a bitch. He took his keys and left. Queue my wife going upstairs to cry because the whole ordeal with her mom inviting herself to dinner was already a strain that week - and now I've nuked family dinner.

My parents are polite, highly non-confrontational people so they said they understood my frustration but were clearly horrified at what I'd done, rightfully so. My brother loved it which didn't help the situation. I went out to the car before my in-laws left to chase after and apologize, and asked them to come back in for dessert. They said it's all good but we should go (the boyfriend was clearly upset so clearly it wasn't all water under the bridge).

I sent them a sincere apology, apologizing for my outburst and embarrassing them, and I sent a planter basket of flowers which they thanked us for. My MIL is a gem and said 'family isn't all roses, these things happen.' My wife went for a long walk with her mom who is over it, but still defended him as 'he's sensitive.' They've 'accepted my apology,' but this dude takes no accountability for his shit attitude, and expects an in-person apology at the next get together (and still hasn't shown any remorse for his foul demeanor that night).

The next family dinner is going to be incredibly awkward. I have to suck up my pride apologize again, knowing full well this guy sees himself 100% as the victim... all I really want to do is tell this fucker that I stand by what I said and more, but I can't do that to my wife.

Lesson learned big time. It did not feel good to call him out regardless of how bad he'd asked for it. I've been losing sleep over it the past couple days. I'd bit my tongue for the last 7 years of this dude hanging around my family, I'll have to keep doing that. But fuck you.
    Last edited by Godfather; 06-27-2019 at 03:49 AM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

RBP (06-27-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (06-27-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Ah, fuck that guy. You spoke your mind in your own house. I think it might have been better of to suck up to the wife and the MIL than apologizing to the BF. If the "man" can't handle the blowback, he shouldn't be on the soapbox. I've gotten handed my ass during a rant, it's not pretty, but you take it like a man and move on. And it was probably better than ranting to your wife for a week out of frustration, plus you lanced the boil. I doubt he'll be emboldened by it; it more likely will tone him down.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (06-27-2019), Godfather (06-27-2019), Pony (06-27-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (06-27-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    It sucks it came to that but I'm too damn old to tolerate shit in my own house. I've straight up told friends before not to bring their SO because I don't want to deal with the drama they have demonstrated in the past. If that means my friend doesn't come either, that's their choice. Have I lost friends over it? Sure. Most end up back in my life sooner or later once they realize how blind they were and dump the SO.

At least it's all out in the open now and the douche knows you have a limit. I wouldn't have apologized to him either.

Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    Ah, fuck that guy. You spoke your mind in your own house. I think it might have been better of to suck up to the wife and the MIL than apologizing to the BF. If the "man" can't handle the blowback, he shouldn't be on the soapbox. I've gotten handed my ass during a rant, it's not pretty, but you take it like a man and move on. And it was probably better than ranting to your wife for a week out of frustration, plus you lanced the boil. I doubt he'll be emboldened by it; it more likely will tone him down.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pony For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (06-27-2019), Godfather (06-27-2019), RBP (06-27-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (06-27-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,892 Times in 11,967 Posts
    If that's all you said to that dude, GF, then you're way nicer of a guy then I'll ever be.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

Godfather (06-28-2019), Pony (06-27-2019), RBP (06-27-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (06-27-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Well the Russian and American girls in our employee housing at work won't stop fighting over stupid shit. (Thermostat, leaving food out and attracting ants). It's escalated to the point where I've been asked to get involved and put a stop to it even though it's not my job to manage them.

I have to go have a chat with them this morning, no one's gonna be happy.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pony For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (06-28-2019), RBP (06-27-2019)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    Ahhh I fucked up big.

I'll try and be brief but it's tricky so feel free not to read -it's for my own catharsis to type it out I'll take any sage wisdom I can get though

So my mother-in-law is dating a real asshole. Dude is a grumpy fart in his late 60's, smokes pot 20 hours a day (which I'm usually not judgemental about except that he still does it no matter the occasion, including in front of my Christian family), he has never had a steady job or a family but thinks he's the model for all manhood and success in life. He's the type of guy who says he drives better high, that you're an idiot for keeping your money in banks, that whatever job you work, car you drive or house you buy is dumb. He'll tell you a piece of history you've just read about is a conspiracy theory. He thinks he can talk to dolphins - for real. He bashes religion and the Church in front of my religious parents. He skipped our wedding to avoid dressing up. It goes on like this. Frankly he's the worst communicators I've met in my life. You can't tell him a story without it becoming his story, or being told you're wrong. My wife, her sister and I can't stand the dude, but try our very best for mom. I wish you could meet him before I tell this story but anyways....

So he and my MIL were over for dinner along with my side of family this week. It was supposed to be a smaller dinner to meet my brother's new girlfriend, but my MIL guilted my wife into an invite, so that's fine even though my family all can't stand the boyfriend. Boyfriend comes over in a miserable mood, sits away from everyone being a turd while we're laughing and having appetizers. At dinner he takes only one item I've cooked and I ask him in a friendly way if he's on a health kick because usually he's a big eater, and he snaps 'don't worry about it.' Ok, I guess that's how tonight's going. So we're all chatting about some random topic after dinner he thinks only he knows about, and he gets on a soap box. Three people in a row make a point and he snaps at each one sequentially telling them: "you don't know what you're talking about," "you're wrong," and finally he says to my wife's point "Oh that's bullshit." I'd had it and snapped before thinking about it. I growled at him "you are so rude, you've talked down to three people in a row, it's unbelievable, it's not even just what you're saying it's how you're saying it." I didn't curse, but I was mad, and when he tried to make an excuse I said "no, you've belittled everyone at this table."

Everyone basically dropped their forks because I usually bite my tongue when he speaks. And despite pretending to be the penultimate tough guy, former fisherman with thick skin, he took it like a bitch. He took his keys and left. Queue my wife going upstairs to cry because the whole ordeal with her mom inviting herself to dinner was already a strain that week - and now I've nuked family dinner.

My parents are polite, highly non-confrontational people so they said they understood my frustration but were clearly horrified at what I'd done, rightfully so. My brother loved it which didn't help the situation. I went out to the car before my in-laws left to chase after and apologize, and asked them to come back in for dessert. They said it's all good but we should go (the boyfriend was clearly upset so clearly it wasn't all water under the bridge).

I sent them a sincere apology, apologizing for my outburst and embarrassing them, and I sent a planter basket of flowers which they thanked us for. My MIL is a gem and said 'family isn't all roses, these things happen.' My wife went for a long walk with her mom who is over it, but still defended him as 'he's sensitive.' They've 'accepted my apology,' but this dude takes no accountability for his shit attitude, and expects an in-person apology at the next get together (and still hasn't shown any remorse for his foul demeanor that night).

The next family dinner is going to be incredibly awkward. I have to suck up my pride apologize again, knowing full well this guy sees himself 100% as the victim... all I really want to do is tell this fucker that I stand by what I said and more, but I can't do that to my wife.

Lesson learned big time. It did not feel good to call him out regardless of how bad he'd asked for it. I've been losing sleep over it the past couple days. I'd bit my tongue for the last 7 years of this dude hanging around my family, I'll have to keep doing that. But fuck you.
    Honestly RBP is right, it was your house and you were the one, along with everyone else that was being treated shitty by this asshole. You shouldn't have apologized. I know you had to for the sake of 'family peace', but still. You did nothing wrong. Fuck him. Your wife needs to sit down with her mother and have a long talk with her about this guy. He's a cancer and he's not going to change. If your MIL is as nice as you say she is, then what does she see in this guy? And is she that blind to his beligernece? Even when he is an ass to her own daughter? Fuck that. I would politely decline to go to the next family dinner.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (06-27-2019), RBP (06-27-2019)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    DGX is right too...you were/are a hell of a lot nicer than I would ever be. If someone would have snapped at my wife like that, not only would I have snapped like you did, but I would have told him to and would have let the expletives fly

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (06-28-2019), RBP (06-27-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    Ahhh I fucked up big.

As others have mentioned, it sounds like this guy needed to hear something and probably a lot more than you provided. I know it was hard for you because you were the person who broke the ice so to speak and you feel you should have remained under control despite this asshole.

Consider something GF. You're a self admitted pacifist of sorts in conversations and rarely if ever throw the gloves down during the face off. Something inspired you and it was him.

That's one thing I hate about today's world. You tell someone else they're being a jerk and all of sudden you're made to feel like the jerk for bringing it up or acknowledging it. You have to ask yourself, something made you get to that point of going past your normal range of expression. It was him, not you.

Just your description of him makes me cringe and I'm pretty passive myself about how people live their lives. Some people go through life with blinders on and think what they do and say are completely fine, because no one has told them otherwise. I think you did something good here.

...can't come to the wedding of the son of the person he's dating because he didn't want to get dressed up...fuck him.

...and he took it like a bitch

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (06-28-2019), Godfather (06-29-2019), Pony (06-27-2019), RBP (06-28-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (06-27-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks guys, it helps to have you all weigh in. I feel kind of silly having typed that all out looking back, but it's off my chest, I still feel I was as reasonable as I could've been, and you've all reinforced what I was feeling so I can move on. Whether he does or not is up to him and it's not something I should give two fucks about.

Appreciate it. That's why I love this place.

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (06-28-2019), lost in melb. (06-28-2019), Pony (06-28-2019), RBP (06-28-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (06-28-2019)