#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,096 Times in 59,906 Posts

Rumor Ryan Seacrest reportedly accused of misconduct by former co-worker

FOX 411

A former co-worker has accused Ryan Seacrest of misconduct while the pair were colleagues at E! News, according to a report Friday.

A stylist claimed the alleged incident happened about a decade ago while Seacrest, known for his hosting gigs on “American Idol” and “Live with Kelly and Ryan,” was employed at E!, Variety reported. No details of the alleged encounter were available but the entertainment news company is reportedly looking into the claim.

In a statement to Variety, Seacrest acknowledged the allegations made against him and said he was “truly sorry” if he made his accuser “feel anything but respected” and that he would cooperate with the investigation.

But he denied the allegations wholeheartedly, calling them “reckless,” and said he believes his history in the industry will speak for itself, Variety reported.

“Throughout my 25 years in the entertainment industry, the majority of my co-workers have been women, and I’ve endeavored to foster a positive work environment of mutual respect and courtesy, as that’s how I believe it should be,” Seacrest said in the statement. “I’m distraught that anyone or any situation would call that into question.

“I’m proud of my workplace reputation, and believe my track record will speak for itself,” he said. “I’m an advocate for women. I will continue to support their voices.”

E! News did not immediately respond to Fox News’ request for comment.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (11-20-2017)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    this will get zero traction, he's responsible for the god damn kardashians after all

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,836 Times in 8,175 Posts
    I've listened to this guy off and on throughout the years and this woman needs to be careful with her claim.

He's worth about 20 bajillion dollars and is cemented into the entertainment industry with some pretty high up, female friends.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Update ABC star Ryan Seacrest's alleged sexual misconduct details revealed by his accuser

By Tyler McCarthy | Fox News

The stylist who claimed that one of ABC's biggest stars, Ryan Seacrest, abused and harassed her while they worked at E! News made the details of her complaint public for the first time Monday -- claiming he groped her and gave her a bear hug wearing only his underwear, among other accusations.

In an interview with Variety, Suzie Hardy, a single mother, detailed getting a dream job as the host’s personal stylist at E! News in 2007, only to be fired in 2013 after making graphic complaints of harassment known to HR. As previously reported, Hardy took her complaints directly to the network, which didn’t move forward with any punishment against Seacrest after a third party investegator deemed there wasn't enough evidence.

"E!’s investigation was extremely comprehensive and thorough," an E! spokesperson told Fox News in a statement. "Over the course of a two month process, our outside counsel interviewed more than two dozen people regarding the allegations, including multiple separate meetings with the claimant and all firsthand witnesses that she provided. The investigator is an attorney with nearly 20 years experience and is highly regarded professionally. Any claims that question the legitimacy of this investigation are completely baseless."

Suzie Hardy, stylist for Ryan Seacrest during Tracy Paul & Company 2007 Oscar Suite - Day Two at Peninsula
    Hotel in Los Angeles

Now, the “American Idol” host’s lawyer, Andrew Baum, is claiming to Fox News that Hardy initially asked for a payout to keep quiet, prompting Seacrest to announce the investigation publicly on his own behalf.

“It is upsetting to us that Variety is electing to run a ‘story’ about untrue allegations that we were made against my client, after they were told that the accuser threatened to make those false claims against him unless he paid her $15 million. At that time, the claimant threatened to issue a demonstrably false press statement unless she was paid," the statement reads. "Instead, my client proactively and publicly denied the claims and agreed to fully cooperate with E!’s investigation about the matter."

Hardy’s lawyers, on the other hand, have said there's absolutely no evidence to support claims she demanded hush money.

Meanwhile, Seacrest continues to deny all allegations of sexual misconduct and even went as far as to publish a guest column in The Hollywood Reporter under the title “What Happened After I was Wrongly Accused of Harassment.”

Now, Hardy has detailed her alleged experience to Variety.

According to Hardy, Seacrest’s assistant offered her a regular job styling Seacrest for E! News. However, when the assistant started to hint that Seacrest’s interest in her had turned romantic, she tried to ignore it. However, he allegedly started asking her to join him at times when he didn't need a stylist -- including a requested meeting at his home at 8 p.m. to tie his tie.

Things allegedly turned physical in 2007 when Seacrest, wearing only his underwear, reportedly got her in a bear hug and didn’t let go until somebody else walked in on them. She reported roughly ten other similar encounters, but said she was too tethered to the financial responsibilities she had to her daughter to walk away from the job.

In 2008, Seacrest allegedly groped Hardy’s crotch from behind. According to the letter she sent the network earlier this year, Seacrest asked her, “Oh my god, are you going to sue me?”

At a later date, while leaving the set of E! News, Seacrest reportedly slapped her so hard on the buttocks that it left a red welt for several hours. Not long after that, there was an alleged incident in a hotel room in which Hardy claimed Seacrest, again in his underwear, pushed her onto the bed and rubbed his visibly erect penis against her. He reportedly stopped only when her co-worker, apparently in the room at the time, yelled at him.

The final offense detailed in the report allegedly happened in 2010, when Seacrest inquired about Hardy’s boyfriend at the time. He reportedly asked, in lewd language, if she’d slept with him yet. She asked him not to ask questions like that, which allegedly prompted him to tightly grab her vagina as she was tying his tie. She retreated to the bathroom where a coworker offered to take her to the company's human resources department, but mentioned it may cost her the job. She refused.

In 2013, she reportedly was contacted by HR and asked about her relationship with Seacrest. While she said she could confidently say she did not have a physical relationship with the star, she took the opportunity to note that he had touched her inappropriately. Soon after, she was told that her employment would be terminated.

NBC Universal, which owns E!, did not immediately return Fox News’ requests for comment.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,255 Times in 16,489 Posts
    I have a hard time believing this one

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PorkChopSandwiches For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (02-27-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    The man doesn't even have a penis for Christs sake.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

Godfather (02-28-2018), Hal-9000 (02-27-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    The man doesn't even have a penis for Christs sake.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Godfather (02-28-2018)

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,255 Times in 16,489 Posts
    She also tried to shake him down for 15 million to not release the story

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,836 Times in 8,175 Posts
    She's brave to pursue this guy. The grope could have been a handshake and the underwear hug could have been him getting dressed in front of her.

I think this guy is too smart and has his pick of who he wants to boink to go after someone who worked on the show.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

PorkChopSandwiches (02-27-2018)