Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Black Friday 2017

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts

Hype Black Friday 2017

Since I have no frickin' idea what anybody that I buy for wants for Christmas, it's all about me. Is anybody on the hunt for anything this year?

I'm looking for a deal on a 55" 4k tv. Walmart had one on a Sharp but it sold out already. I've got my eye on an LG at Sam's Club, but I'm not sure if they're gonna discount it any further than they already have.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    There were some wicked deals at an outlet mall I stopped at in Washington a few days ago. Northface had almost all their jackets and clothing for 40-50% off.

Aside from that I'm just looking for good deals on hockey gear but haven't found much yet.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (11-19-2017)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    i'm thinking about getting a playstation 4, but it is going to need to be a great deal... it will be quite an upgrade from my current setup of atari 2600, nintendo, super nintendo and playstation 1

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,742 Times in 4,207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post

I'm looking for a deal on a 55" 4k tv. Walmart had one on a Sharp but it sold out already. I've got my eye on an LG at Sam's Club, but I'm not sure if they're gonna discount it any further than they already have.
    Last year Dad and I found a great deal on an LG 52? inch 4k tv at Sams, don't know what they are going for these days but I can tell you, the picture is absolutely beautiful, even in standard HD.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,842 Times in 8,180 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deebakes View Post
    i'm thinking about getting a playstation 4, but it is going to need to be a great deal... it will be quite an upgrade from my current setup of atari 2600, nintendo, super nintendo and playstation 1
    Your kids are me.

I feel so sorry for them

Riding this motherfucking beat like a tractor
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,582 Times in 1,192 Posts
    2600 wank:

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    Your kids are me.

I feel so sorry for them
    they actually get a kick out of the games, their fucking phones have more graphics than anything i have in the house

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by deebakes View Post
    they actually get a kick out of the games, their fucking phones have more graphics than anything i have in the house
    I still remember one of the best moments in time...

Me in my room with a Playstation one and my niece and two nephews sitting on the bed. My sister had forbidden her two sons to play or see anything with guns. No gun toys, no gun movies, no gun video games.

So, as you may suspect... the poor little guys hadn't seen anything of the real world

I put in Tomb Raider, the game with the hot chick who explores old ruins and tombs. It's more a discovery game than a shooting game but she does have weapons.

We're in this cool underground grotto and we get attacked by bats or some shit. I calmly take out the RPG and level a missile across the cavern. Game has extraordinary lighting and damage effects along with a huge explosion. Then I take out her Uzis and shoot the alligators in the water. Then I take out her shotgun and blast some mummies. Then I take out her pistols with infinite ammo and spray anything else that moves.

I look at the kids and they're not moving, sitting there transfixed, all three just staring at the TV screen. My oldest nephew says quietly - Wow Uncle hal that was cool. Can we do that???

oh yeah you sure can

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    i was playing mortal kombat 3 with my boys just this weekend with one button fatalities enabled

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Geez man I remember the first Mortal Combat. You had to buy a magazine with the secret fatality moves because NO NET

hal at a glance:

Never played video games as a kid because only the pool hall had games and they were foosball and pinball.

First arcade games were Asteroids and Stunt Cycle (woooot!) and never played them often because we didn't have much money.

First console came out was 8 bit NES and only one friend had it...or you could rent it.

First console I OWNED was a second hand Intellivision. Had lots of fun on that, but real ghetto compared to NES or Super Nintendo

Bought a Sega Genesis in my late 20's/early 30's. Had a four way adapter and played nothing but 4-way hockey and football. Madden games...

By that time there were lots of console systems, I rented some (Jaguar anyone?) and only a few lasted and made it out of the battle for the top. Playstation One made it.

I bought a Playstation One and discovered 3D environment games, as opposed to the old side scrolling 2D games like Contra and Streetfighter, which I didn't care for.

So I finally became a real vidiot after buying my first PC and connecting to the net in 2003....the world of pirated games opened up to me and I was home at last

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks

atari 2600 was first console in the house, played it all the time

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    sorry man I barfed up that history and no one asked

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    I had an atari and the first nes and that was it. My cousin had the Sega Genesis, but we never really played... we were hardcore D&D players at that point. Got my first computer in the 90s and stumbled upon Diablo. And that's it. I installed an arcade engine on the old laptop that died back in '09 and was playing old arcade games for like a week before I got bored with it. A few friends in college had systems. We played Halo and Dead or Alive on occasions when I wasn't busy.

I have Diablo 2, but never installed it. I thought about buying Diablo 3, but figured since I never played the 2nd one, then why bother? If I had known about it, I would've loved Portal and Portal 2, but I didn't find out about them until years later and I don't want to bother now.
    Last edited by DemonGeminiX; 11-21-2017 at 04:47 AM.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (11-21-2017)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    I had an atari and the first nes and that was it. My cousin had the Sega Genesis, but we never really played... we were hardcore D&D players at that point. Got my first computer in the 90s and stumbled upon Diablo. And that's it. I installed an arcade engine on the old laptop that died back in '09 and was playing old arcade games for like a week before I got bored with it. A few friends in college had systems. We played Halo and Dead or Alive on occasions when I wasn't busy.

I have Diablo 2, but never installed it. I thought about buying Diablo 3, but figured since I never played the 2nd one, then why bother? If I had known about it, I would've loved Portal and Portal 2, but I didn't find out about them until years later and I don't want to bother now.
    Portal was the first game I got on Steam...played for about 10 minutes, stopped.

Just reinstalled this year and finished it along with Portal 2 and the entire Half Life series

I hated Steam the platform when it came out, but now I couldn't live without out. It bypasses so many problems that CD's and DVD's had like copy protection, finding patches, updates.

An old friend had an Amiga system, probably the first 'computer' I've seen. He had over 200 games on 3.5 inch diskettes and I was ahhh-mazed
    One game we loved had something like 10 diskettes and real movie motion cutscenes! (10 seconds of the grainiest shit you ever saw )