Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ‘Big Bang Theory’ star: Thanksgiving ‘one of the grossest examples of genocide’

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,888 Posts
    Griff, thanks for the Rush link. I've listened to him off and on since 92 or so. I've researched a lot of things he's said over the years, and almost always, factual he's correct. Of course, like any entertainer, he exaggerates things at times.

All that said, my wife is a card carrying Indian (fuck pc native american, she agrees with my thoughts on that term)
    She didn't grow up on a res, but her mother did, until she was forcibly adopted out of the tribe, by (gasp) a democratic government. We've visited my wife's actual family many times through the years, and yes, as a white (mostly irish, and I got the dna to prove it) male, there is some, some, hesitation, resentment, whatever you want to call it, for me being there on the res. My daughters were accepted whole heartedly (especially the youngest as she's interested in all things, and would gladly sit for hours listening to the tales.
    My take? Considering how I was raised (literally one gen up from substance farmers) along with what I was taught in school (not very different from Rush's quote above) conquerors have historically almost always mistreated the conquered. Isthat right? He'll no, is it sorely on the wite man? Fuck off. Indians treated each other worse. Had all the tribes joined together to fight the invasion (and it was) things might have been different. Not better per se, but different. It's a time worm story. Think of the Scotts, and Irish vs Saxons, Romans, etc. Think of the Mongols vs just about everybody. The Persians, the Romans. On and on.my mind is boggles that the folks like Mayam, apparently never studied history.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KevinD For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (11-27-2017), Pony (11-24-2017), RBP (11-24-2017)

Riding this motherfucking beat like a tractor
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,582 Times in 1,192 Posts
    how dis I know it was going to be her...