Thread: Matt Damon: Why Louis CK isn’t Harvey Weinstein

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,561 Times in 5,212 Posts

Interesting Matt Damon: Why Louis CK isn’t Harvey Weinstein

GOOD Will Hunting star Matt Damon has ripped into Harvey Weinstein over a series of rape and sexual harassment allegations, as he warned against treating those accused of sexual misconduct the same way.

Damon said Harvey Weinstein was at one end of the spectrum, while comedian Louis CK and Democrat Al Franken were at the other end.

“I do believe that there’s a spectrum of behaviour, right? And we’re going to have to figure — you know, there’s a difference between, you know, patting someone on the butt and rape or child molestation,” he told ABC News. “Both of those behaviours need to be confronted and eradicated without question, but they shouldn’t be conflated, right? You know, we see somebody like Al Franken. ‘I personally would have preferred if they had an Ethics Committee investigation, you know what I mean?

“We’re so energised to kind of get retribution, I think,” he said. “None of us came here perfect. The Louis CK thing ... When he came out and said, ‘I did this. I did these things. These women are all telling the truth’ and I just remember thinking, ‘Well, that’s the sign of somebody who — well, we can work with that’.

“And the fear for me is that right now ... the clearer signal to men and to younger people is, deny it. Because if you take responsibility for what you did, your life’s going to get ruined.”

Damon said while those found guilty of rape should go to prison, the behaviour of Louis CK, who has admitted masturbating in front of woman, was “just kind of shameful and gross”.

“I don’t imagine he’s going to do those things again,’ he added.

Damon also stuck up for Democrat Al Franken, who has resigned after several women came forward and accused him of sexual misconduct.

“I personally would have preferred if they had an Ethics Committee investigation (on Franken), you know what I mean?”

“When you see Al Franken taking a picture putting his hands on that woman’s flak jacket and mugging for the camera, going like that, you know, that is just like a terrible joke, and it’s not funny,” Damon said. “It’s wrong, and he shouldn’t have done that … But when you talk about Harvey and what he’s accused of, there are no pictures of that. He knew he was up to no good. There’s no witnesses. There’s no pictures. There’s no braggadocio … So they don’t belong in the same category.”

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    I haven't followed the Al Franken one at all, not even remotely familiar with the guy.

But I agree with him on the Louis CK thing. I think my post a few weeks back in the Louis thread we had said something similar. I think Weinstein is almost certainly a predator and a sick fuck. That's not what I saw in Louis CK's allegations and reaction.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    (Just some Rupub stooge who went a bit far)

What impressed me is that Matt had the courage to say something measured and sensible, instead of pandering to the collective.

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    That's why the #metoo thing is terribly misguided, making it harder for real victims to get justice.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,843 Times in 8,181 Posts
    Yeah Matt is onto something, there is a scale that runs from tasteless to an actual crime.

We gotta get this under control now by a. admitting the scale exists, and b. defining the scale.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks

Update MATT Damon’s ex girlfriend Minnie Driver has joined other celebs slamming his comments about sexual misconduct

MATT Damon’s ex girlfriend and Good Will Hunting co-star, Minnie Driver, has hit out at comments he made about sexual misconduct in Hollywood.

The Will & Grace actress didn’t hold back after Damon gave an interview suggesting there were varying degrees of sexual misconduct and they should not all be viewed the same way.

Minnie Driver and Matt Damon in the 1997 film Good Will Hunting. Picture: Supplied

“I do believe that there’s a spectrum of behaviour, right? And we’re going to have to figure — you know, there’s a difference between, you know, patting someone on the butt and rape or child molestation,” he told ABC News. “Both of those behaviours need to be confronted and eradicated without question, but they shouldn’t be conflated, right?

‘The Louis CK thing ... When he came out and said, ‘I did this. I did these things. These women are all telling the truth’ and I just remember thinking, ‘Well, that’s the sign of somebody who — well, we can work with that’”, he said. “And the fear for me is that right now ... the clearer signal to men and to younger people is, deny it. Because if you take responsibility for what you did, your life’s going to get ruined.”

Former Charmed star Alyssa Milano, who brought the #MeToo campaign to priminance, attempted to school Damon on the matter, saying “it’s the micro that makes the macro.”

“I have been a victim of each component of the sexual assault spectrum of which you speak. They all hurt. And they are all connected to a patriarchy intertwined with normalised, accepted — even welcomed — misogyny,” she tweeted. “We are not outraged because someone grabbed our asses in a picture. We are outraged because we were made to feel this was normal. We are outraged because we have been gaslighted. We are outraged because we were silenced for so long.”

Etc, Etc..

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...c1c8acd55ee814
    Last edited by lost in melb.; 12-18-2017 at 12:22 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    MATT Damon’s ex girlfriend and Good Will Hunting co-star, Minnie Driver, has hit out at comments he made about sexual misconduct in Hollywood.

The Will & Grace actress didn’t hold back after Damon gave an interview suggesting there were varying degrees of sexual misconduct and they should not all be viewed the same way.

Minnie Driver and Matt Damon in the 1997 film Good Will Hunting. Picture: Supplied

“I do believe that there’s a spectrum of behaviour, right? And we’re going to have to figure — you know, there’s a difference between, you know, patting someone on the butt and rape or child molestation,” he told ABC News. “Both of those behaviours need to be confronted and eradicated without question, but they shouldn’t be conflated, right?

‘The Louis CK thing ... When he came out and said, ‘I did this. I did these things. These women are all telling the truth’ and I just remember thinking, ‘Well, that’s the sign of somebody who — well, we can work with that’”, he said. “And the fear for me is that right now ... the clearer signal to men and to younger people is, deny it. Because if you take responsibility for what you did, your life’s going to get ruined.”

Former Charmed star Alyssa Milano, who brought the #MeToo campaign to priminance, attempted to school Damon on the matter, saying “it’s the micro that makes the macro.”

“I have been a victim of each component of the sexual assault spectrum of which you speak. They all hurt. And they are all connected to a patriarchy intertwined with normalised, accepted — even welcomed — misogyny,” she tweeted. “We are not outraged because someone grabbed our asses in a picture. We are outraged because we were made to feel this was normal. We are outraged because we have been gaslighted. We are outraged because we were silenced for so long.”

Etc, Etc..

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...c1c8acd55ee814
    Blood in the water.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (12-18-2017)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    He dissented. Now comes punishment.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

RBP (12-18-2017)