Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fire in the Mountains

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,740 Times in 4,205 Posts
    You would do that for me? I couldn't ask for such a big "favor" as that!

I am curious to go back in the spring and see what the burnt areas look like. There are supposed to be many benefits after a fire. Plus there are a whole bunch of new trails cut all over the property, My aunt and I hiked to the top of the mountain Sunday morning to survey the damage.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pony For This Useful Post:

Goofy (12-21-2017)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Found this for you this morning...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

Pony (12-21-2017)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pony View Post
    You would do that for me? I couldn't ask for such a big "favor" as that!

I am curious to go back in the spring and see what the burnt areas look like. There are supposed to be many benefits after a fire. Plus there are a whole bunch of new trails cut all over the property, My aunt and I hiked to the top of the mountain Sunday morning to survey the damage.
    For sure, that's part of the ritual of looking after someone's house when they're away Toothbrush up the ass is another fun thing to do

I travel to the BC border to visit a national park and travel down hwy 93 where a large portion of land was burned in a huge forest fire. The trees have been gone for years and it still looks like shit I've heard about the regrowth process but it takes generations to do naturally.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,740 Times in 4,205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    For sure, that's part of the ritual of looking after someone's house when they're away Toothbrush up the ass is another fun thing to do

I travel to the BC border to visit a national park and travel down hwy 93 where a large portion of land was burned in a huge forest fire. The trees have been gone for years and it still looks like shit I've heard about the regrowth process but it takes generations to do naturally.
    At least here it was only the leaves and dead stuff burning off the ground, all the trees (even the smallest twigs) seem to have fared very well. I'm thinking without the thick layer of dead leaves and the nutrients from the burn that a lot of new growth might happen relatively quick.