Thread: Jodie Foster: ‘Pretty much every man over 30’ culpable for sexual misconduct cases

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Rape Culture Jodie Foster: ‘Pretty much every man over 30’ culpable for sexual misconduct cases

By Douglas Ernst - The Washington Times

Actress Jodie Foster says she knows who is to blame for a slew of sexual assault scandals in Hollywood since the fall of producer Harvey Weinstein: “Pretty much every man over 30.”

The Hollywood star who made Clarice Starling famous in 1991’s “The Silence of the Lambs” told USA Today this week that almost every man above the age of 30 bears culpability for sexual misconduct in the world.

“It’s every industry,” the actress said Wednesday. “It’s not just one socioeconomic bracket or one complexion. Pretty much every man over 30 has to really look and start thinking about their part. And I guarantee, lots of it is unconscious. When you’ve been in a privileged position where you haven’t had to look at your part, you didn’t 100 percent understand you were in a bubble. It’s an interesting time for men.

Exceptions to Ms. Foster’s rule include her children.

“I have two sons (ages 16 and 19), and I know their perspective,” the 55-year-old told the newspaper. “They go to a great school that has put them through the wringer about what consent is, what is humanism, what’s integrity. I just wish my generation had the benefit of that, and that everybody had the benefit of that.”

The entertainer’s message echoes that of documentary filmmaker Morgan Spurlock, who recently confessed on social media to years of sexual misconduct.

“We should all find the courage to admit we’re at fault,” Mr. Spurlock of “Super Size Me” fame said Dec. 13. “I will do better. I will be better. I believe we all can. The only individual I have control over is me. So starting today, I’m going to be more honest with you and myself.”

Ms. Foster concluded by saying she looks forward to seeing the cultural arrival of a “new millennial woman that knows that she can say no.”

“I think what most women want is just for it to stop,” she said. “They don’t really want to have a lawsuit, they don’t want to have to go on CBS ‘This Morning’ 400 times. They’d actually just like it to stop, and that’ll be the good part.”

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (12-22-2017)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts

I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post

I dont understand this.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    They should get her and Matt Damon on live debate

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    I dont understand this.
    She offered to pay a $2 million bribe to each of 2 US Senators to vote against the tax bill and got called out for her illegal idea.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    She offered to pay a $2 million bribe to each of 2 US Senators to vote against the tax bill and got called out for her illegal idea.
    Why isn't she being charged with bribery?

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    Why isn't she being charged with bribery?
    That was Ben Shapiro's point. My point in posting it here is we hear all about the impropriety of "all men", but just yesterday, you have a female celebrity demonstrating similar sexual misconduct.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Muddy (12-22-2017)

He who laughs, lasts. Noilly Pratt's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,016 Times in 705 Posts
    To Jodie Foster I say - bullshit.

Many men took the opportunity that society gave them to treat women as 2nd class, and take advantage of a culture that would allow them to pinch their butts and worse - but to lump all of them in to that category does a disservice to those that treated them as equals when that wasn't "cool".

The problem has been known for quite a while. Exhibit A: This song was originally out in 1966 (I won't link that one - a bit slow and gospel-country sounding for my tastes...google Sandy Posey if you're interested) This is Nick Lowe's version in the 70's.

RBP - not getting the connection of Rosie O D's actions to Jodie Foster. Maybe too early in the morning for me...

Signature created way-back-when by Goofy

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Noilly Pratt View Post
    RBP - not getting the connection of Rosie O D's actions to Jodie Foster. Maybe too early in the morning for me...
    It would be more productive to just discuss appropriate behavior without always having to make it a hateful bash. Women act inappropriately as well. You should hear woman talk in my car Ubering. They are horrible.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Griffin (12-22-2017)

He who laughs, lasts. Noilly Pratt's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,016 Times in 705 Posts
    Agreed, Muddy.

A bad trait of human nature is that if you are oppressed in some way, once the balance of power is shifted, the the formerly oppressed can then use that power and become as bad as their oppressor. Which solves nothing.

Signature created way-back-when by Goofy

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Noilly Pratt For This Useful Post:

RBP (12-22-2017)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,770 Times in 4,009 Posts
    “I think what most women want is just for it to stop,” she said. “They don’t really want to have a lawsuit, they don’t want to have to go on CBS ‘This Morning’ 400 times. They’d actually just like it to stop, and that’ll be the good part.”
    The funny.. because the fact that 90% of the accusations of this nature I've ever heard have all come in the last three months. That doesn't seem like folks who 'just wanted it to stop,' it sounds like opportunism in many cases.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (12-23-2017), RBP (12-23-2017)