Thread: Lindsay Lohan 'is more than $100,000 behind on her tax payments to the IRS but claims she's not directly responsible for massive debt'

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts

Drama Lindsay Lohan 'is more than $100,000 behind on her tax payments to the IRS but claims she's not directly responsible for massive debt'

By Dailymail.com Reporter

Lindsay Lohan claims she was not at fault for falling behind more than $100,000 in taxes to the U.S. government.

The 31-year-old, according to The Blast, has began a probe of her business team's dealings to suss out why balances in the years 2010, 2014 and 2015 went unpaid, leading to a debt of $100,710.55 to the treasury.

The six-figure balance led federal officials to issue a tax lien on the actress, who thinks a manager at the Los Angeles business she hired to handle the payments bungled the transactions, insiders told the outlet.

During the time period the New York native didn't pay her taxes, she had appeared in the film Machete and on the TV series 2 Broke Girls.

The Mean Girls actress has begun an investigation over the financial flub, the outlet reported.

The pop culture lightning rod, who was in attendance at the Daily Mail's Unwrap the Holidays party in New York City, has been living the life of a socialite overseas in locales such as London and Dubai.

'You can really live your life there,' Lindsay told DailyMailTV earlier this month of her residence in Dubai, noting that she was thriving in the luxe United Arab Emirates city. 'I'm good, I'm really happy, I'm in a really good place. I love life!'

The red-headed actress is viewed as 'kind of like Paris Hilton' in Dubai, a source told People of the star, adding that 'she’s oddly very popular there.

'She has a bunch of girlfriends and she has a place now,' the source said. 'She has become a lady who lunches with all these women who have businesses. It’s taken her time to get used to the lifestyle, but she likes it now.'

At the Daily Mail party, Lindsay spoke with Entertainment Tonight about the differences between residing in New York and Dubai.

'I love living in New York, but I do love the serenity and peace that I find living in the Middle East because there are no cameras in Dubai and I can actually focus on what I want to do in life.'

She said she enjoys that she doesn't 'have to be scrutinized every second' as she spends her time in Dubai.

'I can have a private life and have a public life, but when I choose to,' she said. 'And I think that's really important.'

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,562 Times in 5,212 Posts
    wow, is that a current pic?

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts