#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts

Daniel Radcliffe Reveals Secret Alcohol Addiction

Us Weekly

Daniel Radcliffe is revealing his dark side.

In a new interview with GQ U.K. (and excerpted by the Daily Mail), Harry Potter's 22-year-old star admits he became "so reliant" on booze to fuel his days while filming the mega-smash film series in his teen years.

"I became so reliant on alcohol to enjoy stuff," Radcliffe, who currently appears in Broadway's How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, and will open Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II July 15, tells GQ. "There were a few years there when I was just so enamored with the idea of living some sort of famous person's lifestyle that really isn't suited to me."

Radcliffe, who appeared in the first Harry Potter film when he was 11, considers himself lucky that the paparazzi didn't bust up his booze habit. "I really got away with that because there were many instances when a paparazzi shot like that could have been taken," says the actor.

Clean and sober since August 2010, Radcliffe tells GQ his life has slowed down considerably since he kicked his habit nearly a year ago.

"As much as I would love to be a person that goes to parties and has a couple of drinks and has a nice time, that doesn't work for me," he tells GQ. "I'm actually enjoying the fact I can have a relationship with my girlfriend where I'm really pleasant and I'm not fucking up totally all the time. There's no shame in enjoying the quiet life. And that's been the realization of the past few years for me."

And that quiet life means stowing away the hard-earned cash Radcliffe raked in during his years playing the boy wizard, if for no other reason than he just doesn't know what to do with it.

"I'm very fortunate to have it, and it gives you room to maneuver. But the main thing about having money is it means you don't have to worry about it," he tells the mag. "And that for me is a lovely thing. It's not for fast cars and hookers."

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    Harry dropped the F bomb?

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    oh..and nice hair douchebag

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    A child actor grew up warped? Who could have seen that coming?
    Behold my signature~!!

Quote Originally Posted by Loser View Post
    Fuck you hippy
    Pippa~!!
    The horse does not eat cucumber salad.
    I think everyone in my world, the normal world, knows that Mark Levin and Hannity are relevant only to the angriest, most bitter Americans. (Alec Baldwin)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    Will someone explain the logistics of drunken child actors on the set of huge budget movies?

Are there producers secretly bringing booze to them to keep them in line/force feeding them an addition (or whatever the desired effect is), or are parents doing this, or are they just so rich and powerful that their connections and Hollywood friends 'genuinely' lead them down that road when they're tweens because this life is so bizarre?

I just don't get it... Where did it even begin? I'm disgusted and kinda fascinated by it at the same time

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    oh..and nice hair douchebag
    His hair used to go like this | ... and now it goes like this / .... which I think really showcases his versatility.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    If you look at him in a few scenes in the deathly hallows part 1, its totally believable that he was off his face! He looked seriously creepy in the dancing with Hermione scene in the tent.
    Thanks Jezter!

weapon of mass consumption redred's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,562 Times in 3,632 Posts
    don't most teenagers have a drink problem at some stage ,he was just in the spot light so had to work harder to hide it

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    His hair used to go like this | ... and now it goes like this / .... which I think really showcases his versatility.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyB View Post
    A child actor grew up warped? Who could have seen that coming?
    Will someone explain the logistics of drunken child actors on the set of huge budget movies?

Are there producers secretly bringing booze to them to keep them in line/force feeding them an addition (or whatever the desired effect is), or are parents doing this, or are they just so rich and powerful that their connections and Hollywood friends 'genuinely' lead them down that road when they're tweens because this life is so bizarre?

I just don't get it... Where did it even begin? I'm disgusted and kinda fascinated by it at the same time
    Quote Originally Posted by redred View Post
    don't most teenagers have a drink problem at some stage ,he was just in the spot light so had to work harder to hide it
    Yeah give a kid 10 million bucks when he's 13, expose him to Hollywood people and parties and tell him that he's the greatest thing since sliced bread....that won't create many problems

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Love it..

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts

I think if you are famous enough and successful enough in Hollywood, you can pretty much get anything you want, regardless of your age. Remember, Drew Barrymore had to go to rehab for either coke or heroin (don't remember which) when she was like 12 years old.

Now extra seepy . . . Deepsepia's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Radcliffe
    And that quiet life means stowing away the hard-earned cash Radcliffe raked in during his years playing the boy wizard, if for no other reason than he just doesn't know what to do with it.

"I'm very fortunate to have it, and it gives you room to maneuver. But the main thing about having money is it means you don't have to worry about it," he tells the mag. "And that for me is a lovely thing. It's not for fast cars and hookers."
    Don't tell me he's going to waste it . . .

Quote Originally Posted by George Best
    I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

In 1969 I gave up women and alcohol - it was the worst 20 minutes of my life.

I used to go missing a lot... Miss Canada, Miss United Kingdom, Miss World.
    Last edited by Deepsepia; 07-05-2011 at 09:19 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    "the rest I just squandered"

Now extra seepy . . . Deepsepia's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    "the rest I just squandered"

George Best didn't leave many things undone in his years . . .