#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,082 Times in 59,901 Posts

Shocking Ronda Rousey Officially Joins WWE

By Stephanie Webber - Us Weekly

Ready for the smack down! UFC champion Ronda Rousey is joining WWE as a full-time professional wrestler. The athlete revealed the news when she made a surprise appearance at the Royal Rumble in Philadelphia on Sunday, January 28.

Rousey, 30, walked down to the ring after the first-ever women’s Royal Rumble match concluded. The audience went bonkers when she arrived with Joan Jett’s “Bad Reputation” playing in the background. She high-fived some attendees in the crowd before making her way to Stephanie McMahon. After some hesitation, the two finally shook hands.

“This is my life now. First priority on my timeline for the next several years. This is not a smash-and-grab; this is not a publicity stunt,” Rousey later told ESPN. “When I first met with Triple H, I told him, ‘There are other things I can do with my time that’ll make way more money, but I won’t enjoy nearly as much.'”

She added: “I don’t have words at all. I’m like — this is the most overstimulated I’ve ever been in my life and … I’m just, like I’m still processing it. I’m so happy and I don’t have words for it — and I usually have words for everything; This never happened before.”

Rousey first appeared on WWE when Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson pulled her into the ring from the first row during WrestleMania 31 in March 2015. Her decision to join WWE comes after losing in a MMA match against Amanda Nunes last year. (She lost to Holly Holm one year earlier.)

Now, Rousey is just looking forward to the next chapter. “It’s funny. It’s kind of like acting, in that it was something I always wanted to do but I never thought was in the cards for me,” Rousey told ESPN. “And now that I realize I really do have this opportunity, I feel like my 6-year-old self would totally kick my ass if I didn’t take it.”

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    She looks like King Beef.. I wonder if she is on steroids?

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts
    Shes wearing Rowdy Roddy Piper's old gear!

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts
    Wish theyd go back to the attitude era, used to watch WWF all the time back when it was good

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    lord knows she can't fight for real anymore, so this is really her only option