Thread: Trump speech

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    Dude...
    What? The emotional hype was so over the top in both cases.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

KevinD (02-03-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,815 Times in 6,371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkChopSandwiches View Post
    You do realize they (MSM) started all of this while he was on the campaign trail, all lies and fake stats. Accorder to MSM Hillary had a 90% chance of winning the presidency
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    What blunders and what lies? How was he racist? Keep in mind, anything you dig up from the media can be, and most likely is, skewed. Furthermore, she never should have even ran. If there was absolutely no corruption in Obama's administration, and they followed the law to the letter, Hillary's ass would be rotting in a jail cell right now.

What ratings? Haven't you learned anything by now? Polls mean absolutely nothing when it comes to American politics. The media cherry picks and inflates the numbers to sell the narrative that they want the American people to buy, hook, line, and sinker.

The popular vote means absolutely nothing in our Presidential elections. If it did, whoever won California, Illinois, New York, and New Jersey would always win the Presidency. 4 states shouldn't be the sole deciding factor when there are 46 other states to consider. The Founding Fathers, even with only 13 states in the beginning, saw that coming from a mile away, so they nipped it in the bud and created the Electoral College and the Electoral voting process. And thank God these men were as brilliant as they were.

What does he lie to himself about?
    He has lied about the women.....

He has lied about the conversation on the bus....

He has boasted of his poll numbers....

The popular vote still means individuals are having their say....

You ask about ratings?

He hasn't even got close to any other president except Gerald Ford!!

He even has you believing that if it isn't pro-Trump then it has to be Fake News!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,815 Times in 6,371 Posts
    A good one would be his assertion that the tax cuts won't benefit him and his pals.

Here's a couple more lists...maybe some are plain ignorance or 'colourful' fancies. Some appear to be genuine documented falsehoods.

My favourite was when he came on stage with a bunch of meat and magazines, and boldly said 'Trump meats and Trump magazine- alive and kicking', or words to that effect (it wasn't Trump meats and it wasn't Trump magazine - both were non-existent at that stage).

Maybe he's what your country needs, but it doesn't lessen the kind of person he is by nature and at heart. Fill in blank

http://www.politifact.com/personalit...yruling/false/

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-is-worse.html

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...umps-lies.html

I'm not sure if he was boasting about how many times he had been on the cover of "TIME" magazine or lying about it! ::

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    What? The emotional hype was so over the top in both cases.
    I dunno RBP. In the 2008 case I was just about crying along with them. Imagine ....living as a minority in a US that is dominated by black people. Only a few generations back your parent and great-grandparents were their servants and slaves, subject to in many cases unimaginable deprivations, cruelty and the deliberate prevention of personal excellence relegating people with your coloured skin to third class citizens.

Imagine in this world (now 'mended') explicit and implicit discrimination (private nasty stuff) and racism are still more common than Star Trek makes us believe....

Leaving this mind experiment, you can say, as you have articulated before ( my paraphrasing) : the past is past, reparations have been made, we (hard-working competent whites) have had enough of indulging extra handouts, compensatory leg-ups and had enough of tolerating post-generational post-traumatic hysteria. This I get. But I don't think until you've lived in those shoes, heard the intimate stories and experienced what this race went through that you can suggest how they should feel about having a black elected as president.

At least that's how I feel. I don't and will never fully understand what it means to be a black american - or an Aboriginee, closer to home.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

KevinD (02-03-2018), RBP (02-02-2018)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    I dunno RBP. In the 2008 case I was just about crying along with them. Imagine ....living as a minority in a US that is dominated by black people. Only a few generations back your parent and great-grandparents were their servants and slaves, subject to in many cases unimaginable deprivations, cruelty and the deliberate prevention of personal excellence relegating people with your coloured skin to third class citizens.

Imagine in this world (now 'mended') explicit and implicit discrimination (private nasty stuff) and racism are still more common than Star Trek makes us believe....

Leaving this mind experiment, you can say, as you have articulated before ( my paraphrasing) : the past is past, reparations have been made, we (hard-working competent whites) have had enough of indulging extra handouts, compensatory leg-ups and had enough of tolerating post-generational post-traumatic hysteria. This I get. But I don't think until you've lived in those shoes, heard the intimate stories and experienced what this race went through that you can suggest how they should feel about having a black elected as president.

At least that's how I feel. I don't and will never fully understand what it means to be a black american - or an Aboriginee, closer to home.

You know who benefits from racism? Blacks do. That's why they never stop talking about it and never stop playing the race card.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (02-02-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks

Yes, I get all that. On a purely emotional level. But that's all it was, pure emotion - which was my point in drawing the comparison. They was no substance behind it that would actually benefit the black community. My comment at the time was, "there is going to be the biggest post-election hangover in US history" because it was exactly that. Pure emotion. I'll always shake my head at symbolism over substance. I don't apologize for that.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (02-02-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    I'm gonna plant my flag right here and say that in the future, we'll find out that this election was rigged!

Whether polls are completely accurate or not, Hillary had over 300 electoral votes locked up and mysteriously lost.

It's too hard to believe that all of those liberals didn't turn out to vote. They had some real support and momentum.

The truth is out there...

Mulder-9000

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (02-02-2018), The Monk (02-03-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    I'm gonna plant my flag right here and say that in the future, we'll find out that this election was rigged!

Whether polls are completely accurate or not, Hillary had over 300 electoral votes locked up and mysteriously lost.

It's too hard to believe that all of those liberals didn't turn out to vote. They had some real support and momentum.

Mulder-9000

You can lead the prison-break, Hal. We'll get her back in

14. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (02-02-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    Yes, I get all that. On a purely emotional level. But that's all it was, pure emotion - which was my point in drawing the comparison. They was no substance behind it that would actually benefit the black community. My comment at the time was, "there is going to be the biggest post-election hangover in US history" because it was exactly that. Pure emotion. I'll always shake my head at symbolism over substance. I don't apologize for that.
    Yeah, cus he wus half-white!

Just kidding...but they will still chant his hallowed name in the black community, forever. I don't know enough to say that he wasn't helpful. Perhaps symbolically he provided an extra motivation and inspiration for some blacks, and that's a good thing. But for many blacks I suspect he would be far too aloof and, well... academic to be a direct or prolonged inspiration.

Technically, of course, the colour of the US presidents skin should not benefit any community.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    For education purposes only! (warning, scary)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Yeah, cus he wus half-white!

Just kidding...but they will still chant his hallowed name in the black community, forever. I don't know enough to say that he wasn't helpful. Perhaps symbolically he provided an extra motivation and inspiration for some blacks, and that's a good thing. But for many blacks I suspect he would be far too aloof and, well... academic to be a direct or prolonged inspiration.

Technically, of course, the colour of the US presidents skin should not benefit any community.
    If you have examples, I will read them. My impression is a net negative based on the highly inflamed racial tensions we saw during his administration. I'm not opposed to lancing the boil, but you damn well better have some salve ready.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

KevinD (02-03-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,892 Times in 11,967 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post

Mulder-9000
    In light of allegations, it appears that the DNC and the Clinton camp tried to rig it, but look what happened. Personally, I know a few Dems that refused to vote because they hate Hillary's guts.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

KevinD (02-03-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    In light of allegations, it appears that the DNC and the Clinton camp tried to rig it, but look what happened. Personally, I know a few Dems that refused to vote because they hate Hillary's guts.
    Being fairly neutral and fearing both candidates for various reasons, the result was shocking.

All of the publicity preamble we saw up here really pointed to Clinton winning, and winning by a lot.

It also makes a weird sort of speculative sense that a lot of these vocal liberals while being prevalent on the net, never went out to actually vote.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

KevinD (02-03-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,892 Times in 11,967 Posts
    There just wasn't as many as the media portrayed. They're not the vast majority in this country. The silent majority got off their asses this time around and went out and voted.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

KevinD (02-03-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    It's too bad they couldn't make voting an easier process. Not that it's hard now, just make it a legit, in-home thing where people don't have to use a smartphone or PC to do it.

Maybe give your fingerprint on the ballot, drop it in the mailbox?