Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Florida high school under lockdown after reports of shooter, victims, police say

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    Having a teen out of high school and one in middle school I will say that there is soooo much questionable shit that these little fuckers put on social media twitter etc that it really would be hard to manage all the leads.. imho..
    There's one commonality that seems to be more prevalent in recent years. These murderers tend to write out their intentions and/or manifestos. Agreed with all of the social media blather, it's difficult to differentiate a depressed kid looking for attention or wanting to shock, as opposed to a person who is actually planning a shooting. I mean ffs, it seems that every other teen kid these days is talking about how hard life is and not wanting to continue.

I read about Kevin Underwood. He kidnapped and murdered a 10 year old who lived in his apartment complex. Up to that point, he was merely depressed and lonely. No history of violence or subversive behavior. It was around 2006, so social media wasn't the monster it is today. A detective said if someone had seen his journal, and read some of his daily writings, they completely outlined his descent into madness and his plan to kill someone.

Not saying we should invade everyone's privacy, my point is a new habit or indicator has emerged, where most of these shooters will have the need to write about and publicize their intent. It's tied in with social media and our new mindset. Same way I feel the urge to comment and let my opinion be known here about space stories or sex scandals. There's an explanation in science, and it essentially says - We can't help but express our opinion in public because of conditioning. These freaks apparently can fall prey to expressing themselves in a similar fashion, and that's where we can start looking for clues to potential future crimes.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkChopSandwiches View Post
    Florida school shooting February 14 2018 . Snapchat footage from inside classroom

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d3a_1518656040
    Jesus Christ that's horrifying. As much as some feel media shouldn't be used like this...I feel real time posts can help law enforcement determine where the shooter is and give them a better idea what's actually going on in terms of weapons and number of people involved.

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,255 Times in 16,489 Posts
    It was chilling to watch/listen to

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    My kid was in a lock down once and sent me some vids from the class.. She was pretty helpless just sitting there in that room waiting for the mother fucker to come calling. (no one was shot, but they thought the guy was in the school or or campus)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    My kid was in a lock down once and sent me some vids from the class.. She was pretty helpless just sitting there in that room waiting for the mother fucker to come calling. (no one was shot, but they thought the guy was in the school or or campus)
    Man...can't imagine. I think I must have a phobia not ever having experienced anything remotely like that...

I just read about Amy Bishop. She was a prof at the University of Alabama and one day during a staff meeting, she stood up and shot every one on her side of the table in the head. Three dead, three wounded. The gun misfired or ran out of bullets and the remaining staff in the room somehow pushed her out and barred the door.

There's a lot more to her story (I think she was nuts from an early age), but at one point she was a respected and intelligent scientist who worked in microbiology. I believe her and her hubby invented something in that field a couple of years before the shooting.

All that to say - I'm sorry your kid had to go through that shit because it's one of my biggest fears.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (02-15-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    So they got the kid, correct? Do you know what he was eventually charged with? This is where I step up and say - I don't care if he was 16, his intent was to commit the adult crime of murder.

I'm sincerely sorry your child had to go through that (and you guys as parents).

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    So they got the kid, correct? Do you know what he was eventually charged with? This is where I step up and say - I don't care if he was 16, his intent was to commit the adult crime of murder.

I'm sincerely sorry your child had to go through that (and you guys as parents).
    Yeah they got him, but I dont know what happened after the fact.. I really think it was some emotional heartbroke kid talking way too much shit. Kids do some really dumb stuff.. Unfortunately there's no point of return once you pull a trigger. Thanks for your well wishes, but really she's OK.. It's the climate we live in unfortunately.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    We gotta hit another thread...this shit isn't good on a B-day

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,255 Times in 16,489 Posts

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PorkChopSandwiches For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (02-15-2018), Godfather (02-16-2018), Goofy (02-16-2018), Hal-9000 (02-15-2018), Pony (02-16-2018), RBP (02-15-2018), Teh One Who Knocks (02-15-2018)

weapon of mass consumption redred's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,562 Times in 3,632 Posts
    Until they start having flash backs and kill the kids themselves

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Fuck off, Red.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Hug it out, boys.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

redred (02-16-2018)

weapon of mass consumption redred's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,562 Times in 3,632 Posts
    Home schooling would be better , no big groups of children

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts

Fail Florida high school suspect Nikolas Cruz claimed to hear voices in his head, report says

By Elizabeth Zwirz | Fox News

Nikolas Cruz, who confessed to being the gunman in Wednesday's deadly Florida school shooting, according to his arrest affidavit, claimed to authorities that voices in his head told him how to carry out the ambush that left at least 17 people dead, ABC News reported.

Law enforcement sources referred to the alleged voices as "demons," according to the outlet, and said Cruz, 19, claimed that they told him what he needed to do to launch the deadly assault.

And between 2011 and 2016, authorities responded to 39 calls to Cruz's home in Parkland, WSVN reported. The issues varied "from domestic disturbance to child/elder abuse," the outlet said.

Details of Cruz's troubled past began to emerge in the hours after the massacre. In accounts from classmates, Cruz was described as a "weird kid" and a "loner," with one person adding that he was kicked out of school for getting into a fight with his ex-girlfriend's new boyfriend.

Prior to the shooting incident, the suspect was living in a mobile home with the family of a friend. Both of Cruz's parents, who adopted him, are deceased, according to the Sun Sentinel. His mother reportedly passed away in November.

Cruz confessed to using an AR-15 rifle to shoot “students that he saw in the hallways” at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School “and on school grounds,” his arrest affidavit said. He also reportedly told authorities that he brought “additional loaded magazines” that he stashed in a backpack.

After arriving at the school in an Uber car on Wednesday, Cruz then entered the location, officials said. He pulled his weapon from a black, soft case and began firing bullets into several classrooms throughout the building, Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel said during a Thursday news conference.

Authorities received several 911 calls shortly before 2:30 p.m. reporting a shooting at the Parkland, Florida high school, the affidavit said, and as officers responded to the scene, a description of the shooter was sent out across police radios.

A witness who spoke to authorities said he recognized the “former troubled student” and alerted a co-worker “that Cruz was walking purposefully” towards one of the buildings, the affidavit said. Moments later, shots rang out and a “code red” was initiated.

In the midst of the chaos, Cruz confessed to ditching the weapons and ammunition in an attempt to “blend into the crowd,” the affidavit said. He fled the scene with others “fearing for their lives,” the sheriff said, and “was able to elude arriving officers,” according to the affidavit.

“Once the crime scene was secured the discarded AR15 rifle and vest with magazines was found in areas consistent with Cruz’s version of events,” authorities said in the document.

Cruz was apprehended by a Coconut Springs officer before 4 p.m. in Coral Springs and was taken into custody “without incident,” the sheriff said. Officials traced the rifle back to Cruz, who bought it legally in 2017, ATF Special Agent in Charge Peter Forcelli said Thursday.

The 19-year-old was booked into Broward County Jail on Thursday. He was later ordered held without bond and charged with 17 counts of premeditated murder.

“The victim’s deaths were caused by the criminal act of Nikolas Cruz and the killings done with a premeditated design,” the affidavit said.

After the hearing, defense attorney Melisa McNeill described her client as fully aware of what was going on but said he was also a “broken human being.” She added that Cruz was sad and remorseful for his actions and she was fully aware of the shooting’s impact on the community.

Jordan Jereb, the leader of the Republic of Florida, a white nationalist militia, previously told The Associated Press that Cruz was a group member and participated in paramilitary drills in Tallahassee. But Leon County Sheriff spokesman Lt. Grady Jordan told the outlet that his office had “very solid” information on the group and “there’s no known ties” between Cruz and the group “that we have that we can connect.”

The Associated Press contributed to this report.