Thread: South Carolina HS student who allegedly posted 'Florida Round 2,' tells cops it was a joke

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Wanker South Carolina HS student who allegedly posted 'Florida Round 2,' tells cops it was a joke

By Ryan Gaydos | Fox News

A South Carolina high school student was arrested Thursday after allegedly posting "Florida Round 2" on Snapchat-- an obvious reference to Wednesday's school schooting--but insisted that the post was simply a "joke."

Officials said the post, which was sent via Snapchat, showed a teen wearing a partial mask and holding what looked like an assault rifle. Beneath the photo was the caption, “Round 2 of Florida tomorrow.”

Officials at Broome High School received an anonymous tip from a student about a possible threat, Spartanburg School District Three spokeswoman Sherri Horton said.

The Spartanburg County Sheriff’s Office arrested a ninth grader at the school, according to Fox Carolina.

Authorities were able to ID the suspect after meeting with the student who gave the tip and the student's parent, Fox Carolina reported. Police said the suspect told them that it was a joke when they arrived at his home.

"After informing the suspect and his parents of the law violation, the suspect stated his Snapchat post was just intended as a joke, and that he didn’t have any serious intentions," said Lt. Kevin Bobo, of the Spartanburg County Sheriff’s Office.

The arrest comes a day after a gunman killed 17 people at a Florida high school and left more than a dozen others wounded.

The suspect, who was not identified because of his age, was charged with disturbing schools and was being held at the Department of Juvenile Justice facility in Greenville, the station reported.

“The safety of our students and staff is of paramount importance,” Horton said. “In order to ensure the safety of every student, the District Three Administration and Board of Trustees are providing additional security at the school.”

Shelter Dweller
    vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    What an absolute fuckwit.
    Perhaps this is a case for consideration of removal of firearm and prohibition of future purchase on grounds of mental retardation.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,740 Times in 4,205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikari Kisugi View Post
    What an absolute fuckwit.
    Perhaps this is a case for consideration of removal of firearm and prohibition of future purchase on grounds of mental retardation.
    For the parents as well assuming they allowed him access to the weapon.

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts
    Glad to see that kids find mass murder a joke........

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Goofy For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (02-16-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Run this little mother fucker through the ringer... Time to make an example.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

Pony (02-16-2018), Teh One Who Knocks (02-16-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Unfortunately, I bet he gets off with barely a slap on the wrist.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    I bet this happened a lot more than we are aware of yesterday. Kids are dumb-asses.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Oh I'm sure a lot of kids were 'joking' about doing something like this. This moron was just stupid enough to post it on a social media account. Something like this needs to be treated as a felony, this kid should lose his right to EVER own a firearm again. When I was growing up, I got my first gun at 9 years old, it was a single shot .22 bolt action rifle. I was taught exactly how dangerous a gun was and taught to respect it always, that it wasn't a toy. Never once did I take my gun out to "play with it" or to try and impress someone that I had a gun. And all of my friends that grew up with firearms were brought up the same way.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Muddy (02-16-2018), Pony (02-16-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    He's damn lucky they didn't put a bullet into his ass when they found him...laugh it up Chucklehead.