Thread: Florida House aide fired after claiming Florida shooting survivors are 'actors'

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,091 Times in 59,905 Posts

Wanker Florida House aide fired after claiming Florida shooting survivors are 'actors'

By Nicole Darrah | Fox News

An aide to a Florida House lawmaker was fired Tuesday after he said that Parkland students who were speaking out on gun control after Wednesday’s mass shooting were paid actors.

Benjamin Kelly, the aide to Republican Rep. Shawn Harrison, emailed Tampa Bay Times reporter Alex Leary to claim that two Marjory Stoneman Douglas students who appeared on CNN weren’t actually survivors of the attack.

"Both kids in the picture are not students here but actors that travel to various crisis when they happen,” Kelly reportedly emailed the newspaper. When the Tampa Bay reporter asked for proof, the House aide sent a follow-up email claiming the same student who appeared on CNN, David Hogg, was in another state hundreds of miles away.

"There is a clip on you tube that shows Mr. Hogg out in California. (I guess he transferred?)" Kelly's email reportedly stated.

Harrison took to Twitter Tuesday evening to explain that he “placed [Kelly] on leave until we determine an appropriate course of action,” adding that he doesn’t “share his opinion and he did so without my knowledge.”

Following Harrison’s post, Kelly wrote on Twitter that he’s been “terminated from the State House” because he “tried to inform a reporter of information relating to his story regarding a school shooting. This was not my responsibility. I meant no disrespect to the students or parents of Parkland.”

The aide added that Rep. Harrison “is an honest and respectable man. In no way should be held responsible for my error in judgment.”

Kelly's Twitter account was later taken down.

Florida House Speaker Richard Corcoran, a Republican, said that he “was shocked and angry to read [Kelly’s] appalling email about the brave students who traveled to Tallahassee today,” and said that with Harrison’s support, he fired Kelly and apologized on behalf of the House.

Conspiracy theorists often claim after mass shootings that survivors or victims who appear in the media are actors playing a role.

Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., stated that “Claiming some of the students on tv after #Parkland are actors is the work of a disgusting group of idiots with no sense of decency.”

After his firing, Kelly tweeted: “And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

weapon of mass consumption redred's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,562 Times in 3,632 Posts

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,091 Times in 59,905 Posts
    This is the same kind of BS that certain people *cough*FBD*cough* said after the Boston Marathon bombing

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    And Sandy hook and pretty much everything else that's happened in your country

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    I don't subscribe to thinking kids are actors being used for some sort of cover up.

The David Hogg thing is curious though. Unusual looking kid and unusual name. Surely someone would catch the dual role on TV?

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    I don't subscribe to thinking kids are actors being used for some sort of cover up.

The David Hogg thing is curious though. Unusual looking kid and unusual name. Surely someone would catch the dual role on TV?
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (02-21-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    thats zac efron

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    People are assholes.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    I'm sure you know this, but just for everyone to be clear ...the image from the first interview is not from 'a school shooting in LA', it was a confrontation over a boogie board at the beach which he vlogged on a trip there, along with several other videos on his page from that trip. I fail to see how this is evidence of anything except that the kid likes to be on camera.

Last edited by Godfather; 02-22-2018 at 03:13 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    I'm sure you know this, but just for everyone to be clear ...the image from the first interview is not from 'a school shooting in LA', it was a confrontation over a boogie board at the beach which he vlogged on a trip there, along with several other videos on his page from that trip. I fail to see how this is evidence of anything except that the kid likes to be on camera.

thanks GF...

It's still the optic of a kid traveling coast to coast and being interviewed. It implies he was 'inserted' into the Florida story when really it could easily be a coincidence.

Or time travel