Thread: Florida shooting survivor: CNN gave me 'scripted question' for town hall, quashed question on armed guards

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,096 Times in 59,906 Posts

Double Standards Florida shooting survivor: CNN gave me 'scripted question' for town hall, quashed question on armed guards

By Gregg Re | Fox News

A survivor from the Florida high school massacre said in an interview that CNN rejected his proposal to discuss armed guards in schools and instead handed him a "scripted" question to ask during Wednesday night's town hall on gun rights.

Colton Haab, 17, a Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School junior and ROTC member, reportedly used Kevlar vests to shield students during the massacre. He said he decided not to attend the town hall after CNN presented him with the scripted question.

"CNN had originally asked me to write a speech and questions and it ended up being all scripted," Haab told WPLG-TV. "I don't think that it's going get anything accomplished. It's not gonna ask the true questions that all the parents and teachers and students have."

"I expected to be able to ask my questions and give my opinion on my questions," he added.

The town hall, moderated by CNN's Jake Tapper, included shooting survivors confronting several officials on gun rights, including Sens. Marco Rubio and Bill Nelson, as well as NRA spokeswoman Dana Loesch and Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel.

The atmosphere at the event was, at times, awkward and even hostile for the Republicans, who were interrupted several times by the jeering crowd.

At one point in the event, the audience cheered loudly when a student asked Rubio if he would pledge to cease taking donations from the NRA.

Tapper stepped in to plead with the audience to allow Rubio to answer the question.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (02-22-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Those events are scripted even down to the audience members.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

PorkChopSandwiches (02-22-2018), Teh One Who Knocks (02-22-2018)

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,255 Times in 16,489 Posts
    #FakeNews wonder how long CNN can continue to survive when they are always caught being full of shit

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PorkChopSandwiches For This Useful Post:

RBP (02-23-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkChopSandwiches View Post
    #FakeNews wonder how long CNN can continue to survive when they are always caught being full of shit
    Their target audience eats that shit up though.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (02-23-2018)

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,255 Times in 16,489 Posts
    Thats true

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PorkChopSandwiches For This Useful Post:

RBP (02-23-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    You guys are so dead pan correct..

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

Noilly Pratt (02-26-2018), RBP (02-23-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Yeah, it's okay for them to stack the panel/audience to harass Rubio, but you can't let someone ask questions that don't fit in with the "GUNS ARE EVIL BAN THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" narrative

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (02-23-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,838 Times in 8,177 Posts
    The David Hogg thing about appearing at two shooting scenes and being a witness on TV for both has got me thinking...

What if someone planted him who's from the far right (wingnut far right) knowing full well his dual appearance would be recognized, therefore throwing suspicion on the left saying - This guy is a plant from the liberals to play on our sympathies!

too much?

Shelter Dweller
    vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,278 Times in 863 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    The David Hogg thing about appearing at two shooting scenes and being a witness on TV for both has got me thinking...

What if someone planted him who's from the far right (wingnut far right) knowing full well his dual appearance would be recognized, therefore throwing suspicion on the left saying - This guy is a plant from the liberals to play on our sympathies!

too much?
    Not only too much, but far beyond driven.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to perrhaps For This Useful Post:

Noilly Pratt (02-26-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by perrhaps View Post
    Not only too much, but far beyond driven.
    I saw what you did there....winky smilie

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    So it turns out a lot of this is bullshit, the family appears to have doctored emails. Will Fox News update their tune?

http://uk.businessinsider.com/parkla...o-media-2018-2

- The family of Colton Haab, a student at the Florida high school where a gunman killed 17 people last week, provided a doctored email between Haab's father, Glenn Haab, and a CNN producer to media outlets.
    - Colton told Fox News' Tucker Carlson on Thursday that a CNN producer rewrote a question for Haab to ask at the network's town hall-style event on Wednesday.
    - President Donald Trump tweeted about the interview on Thursday night, calling CNN "fake news."
    - CNN denies Haab's claims and said, "It is unfortunate that an effort to discredit CNN and the town hall with doctored emails has taken any attention away from the purpose of the event."

The family of Colton Haab, a student at the Florida high school where a gunman killed 17 people last week, provided a doctored email to media outlets in order to defend Haab's claims that CNN rewrote a question for him to ask at the network's Wednesday town-hall-style event on school shootings.

Haab told the Fox News host Tucker Carlson on Thursday night that CNN executive producer Carrie Stevenson gave him a question to deliver to lawmakers and told him to "stick to the script."

But CNN says there is "absolutely no truth" to Colton's claims, which he first made on a Miami TV-news station.

"In my interview with CNN, I had talked about arming the teachers, if they were willing to arm themselves in the school, to carry on campus," Haab told Carlson. "And they had — she had taken that, of what I had briefed on, and actually wrote that question out for me."

CNN says that Stevenson and Colton agreed on one question that Colton would ask, but that Haab's father, Glenn Haab, intervened, sending a lengthy speech (see below) that he wanted Colton to read, which included three questions for lawmakers.

Stevenson responded that the speech was "way too long" and that Colton "needs to stick" to the question they agreed on. Glenn then responded that he and his son "are not actors" and that Colton would not participate in the town hall if he could not read the full speech.

On Friday afternoon, Fox News and the HuffPost reached out to CNN to verify emails between the Haabs and Stevenson that they received from Colton.

A CNN source provided Colton's version of the emails, as well as their versions of all of the communications between the Haabs and CNN, to Business Insider.

In CNN's version of one email, Stevenson told Glenn that Colton needed to stick to a question that he and Stevenson "discussed on the phone that he submitted." But in the version of the email provided by Colton to Fox and HuffPost, the phrase, "that he submitted" is deleted.

READ MORE: http://uk.businessinsider.com/parkla...o-media-2018-2
    The Haabs' version of the email:

CNN's version of the email:

Plenty more of that in the article.
    Last edited by Godfather; 02-24-2018 at 07:06 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    Tucker Calson's update on the piece: Odd that Tucker's knee-jerk is to spit at CNN rather than cast any real journalistic doubt on the kid.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    So it appears the words "that he submitted" were added into the CNN version of the email.

Doesn't really change the intent of the sentence for me. They're talking about a prior discussion on the phone. The kid and/or the father submitted questions that CNN felt took up too much time. Sounds like the regular editing all news outlets do.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Fuck CNN, they have been caught with their hands in the cookie jar so many times. When they were caught colluding directly with Hillary Clinton and the DNC during the democratic primaries they should have been charged with treason.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (02-25-2018), KevinD (02-24-2018), PorkChopSandwiches (02-26-2018), Teh One Who Knocks (02-26-2018)