Thread: Trump-Supporting Father Who Lost Daughter In Florida Shooting Delivers Amazing Speech At White House

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Sad Trump-Supporting Father Who Lost Daughter In Florida Shooting Delivers Amazing Speech At White House

Benny Johnson, Reporter At Large - The Daily Caller

When Andrew Pollack grabbed the microphone at the White House to tell President Trump what he thinks about school shootings, you could hear a pin drop.

Pollack lost his daughter Meadow last week at Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland when a deranged gunman rampaged through the school with an semi-automatic rifle.

Pollack received some criticism online for wearing a Trump 2020 shirt while holding up a photo of his deceased daughter Meadow.

Reporter Alexandra Seltzer tweeted this photo of Andrew Pollack, who was holding up a photo of his missing daughter, Meadow Pollack, one of the 17 deceased.

Today, students and families who experienced the horrific school shooting in Florida last week gathered at the White House to speak with President Trump. Trump gathered the families and students in the State Dining Room at the White House and listened as high school students took turns on the microphone. When Pollack took the microphone and told his gut wrenching story, everyone went silent.

Mr. Pollack’s full remarks deserve to be printed:

I’m here because my daughter has no voice.

She was murdered last week, and she was taken from us, shot nine times on the third floor. We as a country failed our children. This shouldn’t happen. We go to the airport, I can’t get on a plane with a bottle of water, but we leave some animal to walk into a school and shoot our children. It is just not right.

And we need come together as a country and work on what’s important.

And that is protecting our children in the schools. That’s the only thing that matters right now. Everyone has to come together and not think about different laws. We need to come together as a country, not different parties, and figure out how we protect the schools. It is simple.

It is not difficult. We protect airports. We protect concerts, stadiums, embassies. The Department of Education that I walked in today that has a security guard in the elevator. How do you think that makes me feel? In the elevator they got a security guard. I’m very angry that this happened, because it keeps happening.

9/11 happened once, and they fixed everything. How many schools, how many children have to get shot? It stops here with this administration and me. I’m not going to sleep until it is fixed. And Mr. President, we’re going to fix it. Because I’m going to fix it. I’m not going to rest.

And my boys need live with this. I want to see everyone — you guys look at this. Me, I’m — I’m a man, but to see your children go through this, bury their sister. That’s what I keep saying because I want to sink in. Not forget about this. We can’t forget about it.

All these school shootings, it doesn’t make sense. Fix it.

Should have been one school shooting and we should have fixed it. And I’m pissed. Because my daughter I’m not going to see again. She’s not here. She’s not here. She’s in North Lauderdale at … King David Cemetery. That is where I go to see my kid now.

And if we all work together and come up with the right idea — school safety. It is not about gun laws. That is another fight, another battle. Let’s fix the schools and then you guys can battle it out whatever you want. But we need our children safe. Monday, tomorrow, whatever day it is, your kids are going to go to school. You think everyone’s kids are safe?

I didn’t think it was going to happen to me. If I knew that, I would have been at the school every day if I knew it was that dangerous. It’s enough. Let’s get together, work with the president and fix the schools. That’s it. No other discussions. … I’m never going to see my kid again. … Never, ever will I see my kid. I want it to sink in. It’s eternity. My beautiful daughter I’m never going to see again. And it’s simple. It’s not — we can fix it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (02-22-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts
    Poor guy

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goofy For This Useful Post:

RBP (02-22-2018), Teh One Who Knocks (02-22-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    I agree, fix it and quit trying to re-write the fucking constitution.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (02-22-2018), PorkChopSandwiches (02-22-2018), RBP (02-22-2018), Teh One Who Knocks (02-22-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    People were such dicks to him. Fucking assholes.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (02-24-2018), Teh One Who Knocks (02-22-2018)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    People were such dicks to him. Fucking assholes.
    Yeah, I think it was Hal that posted some of the Twitter responses. All basically saying he deserved it, it's all his own fault, he supports the murder of children...all because he supports Trump.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (02-22-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    "Should have been one school shooting and we should have fixed it." God how right is this guy? After 9/11 we changed airports and flight process around the world.

The Dickey amendment, the NRA, MONEY to be made...roadblocks to fixing the problem.

Instead of saying it's a mental health problem, try keeping guns out of the hands of potentially dangerous people. There's a crossover between the two terms, but not every person suffering from depression and other mental health problems is a violent offender.

Saying it's only a 'mental health' problem is already discouraging non violent people with mental health issues from speaking up and getting the help they need.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,892 Times in 11,967 Posts
    I'm a member of the NRA, and so is Lance. They are not the Devil you think they are. They are 6 million members strong of legal gun-owning US citizens, a small subset of the 90 million legal gun-owning US citizens in this country. Yes, they are a lobbyist organization, but they are a lobbyist organization for their members, and they (sometimes) fight for the rights of all of the gun owners of this nation, which are being trampled on by leftist antigun organizations daily. They (sometimes) fight the legal fights that we legal gun owners shouldn't have to fight.

I am currently not happy with the heads of the organization. However, my unhappiness and the "sometimes" is a topic for a later discussion. I will not get into it here and now.

I will say, however, that the GOA is a better organization for us. I'm not going to explain why. Y'all can investigate that for yourselves.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.