#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,091 Times in 59,905 Posts

Zounds Director Kevin Smith tweets that he suffered 'massive heart attack'

FOX News

Kevin Smith, the director of ‘Clerks,’ tweeted early Monday that he survived a “massive” heart attack after taping an unidentified show.

“If I hadn’t canceled show 2 to go the hospital, I would’ve died tonight,” he tweeted. “But for now, I’m still above ground!”

He went on to say that the doctor who saved his life said he had a 100 percent blockage of his LAD artery, known as “the widow-maker,” The Hollywood Reporter reported.

Smith has been in the news late last year when he announced that he would donate all future residuals from his early films to Women in Film. Harvey Weinstein, the disgraced movie mogul, helped Smith become a successful director.

The star made the announcement in the latest episode of his podcast, “Hollywood Babble-On,” where he not only told the live crowd he’d donate all future residuals from his early Miramax films to the non-profit organization Women In Film, which advocates for gender equality in showbusiness, but gave his candid thoughts on the disgraced former Hollywood mogul and his influence throughout the years.

“My s--t is tied up with this man,” he says, seemingly fighting back tears. ”It’s been a weird f---ing week... I just wanted to make some f---ing movies, that’s it. That’s why I came, that’s why I made ‘Clerks.’ And no f---ing movie is worth all this. Like, my entire career, f--k it, take it. It’s wrapped up in something really f---ing horrible.”

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    Sorry to hear...but I wonder if the gifting is out of guilt?

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    he didn't know what to do about the weinstein thing, he has talked about it a ton on his podcasts. he knew one person, whereas clearly harvey was a different person entirely to women.

i am happy to hear he is okay, the hollywood babble-on podcast is something i look forward to every monday morning

get better soon kev, the world still needs you

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,892 Times in 11,967 Posts
    That's fucking scary.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,091 Times in 59,905 Posts

Really? Kevin Smith forced to defend Chris Pratt after actor offered prayers for recovery

By Edmund DeMarche | Fox News

Kevin Smith, the "Clerks" director who survived a “widow-maker” heart attack early Monday, was forced to defend actor Chris Pratt who wished him well on Twitter and asked others to join him in praying for the director.

The “Passengers” actor sent Smith well-wishes and told him how he was inspired by "Clerks" while he was a senior in high school. The actor tweeted that he was "praying" for him and that he will continue to.

The comment sparked a debate online. Some readers thanked the actor, others said to keep the prayers to himself.

“Is it part of your alleged deity’s master plan that Kevin had a heart attack?” one user tweeted.

In another tweet, Pratt asked others to pray with him, and that triggered more backlash. Some users said it was inappropriate for the actor to solicit additional prayers online.

The director took to Facebook Live to update his fans on his condition. He said he is now a vegetarian and has to cancel his second of two shows. He also defended the actor, according to Variety.

“Poor Chris Pratt, one of my favorite actors on the planet, f—-ing put up a nice tweet, where he’s just like ‘Hey man, I don’t know you that much but I love ‘Clerks’ and I’m praying for you’ and and apparently people were like, ‘F— your prayers’ and attacked him and s—,” Smith said.

He continued, “And number one, thanks to Chris Pratt, how sweet was that. Number two, please don’t fight over stuff like that. It’s a waste of time. Whether you’re religious or not, someone saying ‘I’ll pray for you,’ it’s good intentions.”

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts