Thanked 6,770 Times in 4,009 Posts

Mexican cartels threatening tourism in Cancun

Sad to see. It's a beautiful place.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Smart.. real smart.. run off the money. Run off the only thing keeping us from taking a real dump down there.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

Godfather (03-02-2018)

He who laughs, lasts. Noilly Pratt's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,016 Times in 705 Posts
    This has been brewing for a while.

I was honeymooning in Cancun 17 years ago and there was an armed presence around the perimeter of the place. The manager was there and said keep it quiet, but the local cartels are "all about" and often for initiation they come onto the resorts and steal stuff from vacationers - as a "test".

He said they were getting bolder and bolder and it was only a matter of time until they started effecting the tourism. "You may be the poorest of the poor in America, but because you have made it here on vacation, you appear like a King."

Signature created way-back-when by Goofy

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Godfather I want you to know that I actually chromecasted this to my TV and watched it. My neighbors and I were currently shopping a dual vacation in Cancun. Thanks for the share..

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (03-02-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    Godfather I want you to know that I actually chromecasted this to my TV and watched it. My neighbors and I were currently shopping a dual vacation in Cancun. Thanks for the share..
    If you're interested, here's a Reddit thread from that vid being posted. https://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comm...ism_in_cancun/

Some folks who live down there talked about some great alternatives. I think I'll be looking at Los Cabos for my next trip with the wife. Sounds beautiful and safe, and my parents had a wonderful time there last year. The nice part too is that it's only a 4-hour flight for me versus 6 hours to Cancun. Downside is that the water on the west coast isn't as warm.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    If you're interested, here's a Reddit thread from that vid being posted. https://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comm...ism_in_cancun/

Some folks who live down there talked about some great alternatives. I think I'll be looking at Los Cabos for my next trip with the wife. Sounds beautiful and safe, and my parents had a wonderful time there last year. The nice part too is that it's only a 4-hour flight for me versus 6 hours to Cancun. Downside is that the water on the west coast isn't as warm.
    Doesn't Sammy Hagar own property and bars down there in Cabos? I read he may be involved with some dirty mafia types and in trouble

and shhhh...but Muddy may be Hagar in disguise, don't tell people.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post

I had no idea that Acapulca was for all intents and purposes abandoned these days..

Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    Doesn't Sammy Hagar own property and bars down there in Cabos? I read he may be involved with some dirty mafia types and in trouble

and shhhh...but Muddy may be Hagar in disguise, don't tell people.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Hey there's worse people to be compared to

Sammy is a cool looking dude.

You red rocker you

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Bit of a side bar here...I was looking a vacation spots in the Mediterranean Sea and heard some good things about Malta.

I ended up reading a vacation review on Trip Advisor from a person who had visited there twice. In a huge review, he explained why he would never go there again.

If you're patient and don't read obvious troll planted reviews for resorts....Trip Advisor has some pretty down to earth information

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    I had no idea that Acapulca was for all intents and purposes abandoned these days..
    Me neither! I found that interesting. I went on Expedia and noticed they don't even have any all-inclusive vacation packages there anymore.