Thread: Amber Tamblyn slammed for tweet saying Hasidic men attempted to harm her following near car crash

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Feminazi Amber Tamblyn slammed for tweet saying Hasidic men attempted to harm her following near car crash

By Kathleen Joyce | Fox News

Actress Amber Tamblyn was slammed on social media for tweeting that Hasidic Jewish men in New York attempted to harm her after she claimed she and her baby were almost hit by a van in Brooklyn, NY, on Sunday.

Tamblyn tweeted asking for the public’s help to track the driver, she described as a Hasidic man, after she and her infant child were almost hit.

“If anyone in Brooklyn near the intersection of Washington Ave and Atlantic Ave just saw a Hasidic man in a grey van try to hit a woman and her baby in a stroller a (sic) she crossed a crosswalk, honking and touching the stroller with the car’s bumper, please DM me,” the “Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants” star wrote. “That woman was me.”

In her following tweet, Tamblyn wrote Hasidic men in NYC have attempted to harm her and other women she knows in the past.

“But this is not the first time a man from the Hasidic community in NYC has attempted to harm me or other women I know,” Tamblyn tweeted. “Any woman riding a bike through South Williamsburg can attest. I hope this guy is caught.”

Social media users criticized Tamblyn’s tweets that appeared to target members of the religious Jewish sect. Some of her followers said she was making generalizations about a large community of orthodox Jews.

“I don’t understand your tweets. For someone who is so politically woke, I don’t understand your generalizations of the Hasidic Jewish community. It sounds racist,” one person tweeted.

“Let’s be rational here, Amber Tamblyn. Firstly, I am so glad you and baby are ok! But to target the Hasidic community like that – especially given the real antisemitism out there – is generally irresponsible,” a social media user tweeted.

“You can’t be both ‘woke and a bigot. Choose one,” another person tweeted.

“Well, I am a proud Hasidic Jew. I never hit you with my car. I never attacked you. Why are you attacking me?!” a person tweeted.

Tamblyn, 34, a prominent advocate of the Time’s Up movement, did not appear to call the police following the incident, TMZ reported. She has not immediately commented on the backlash.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Thank fuck for the silent majority.

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    Thank fuck for the silent majority.
    I'm not sure who the silent majority is in this scenario. Sounds like all lunatic fringe jockeying (can I say that or is that bigoted?) for their warped sense of moral high ground.

Maybe that was your point?
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    I'm not sure who the silent majority is in this scenario. Sounds like all lunatic fringe jockeying (can I say that or is that bigoted?) for their warped sense of moral high ground.

Maybe that was your point?
    My point is leaking out of another thread.. I'll get back later.. friggin swamped here at work..

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    If she's had two incidents involving a Hasidic Jew trying to hurt her each time, doesn't she have the right to relate the events?

I can't seen where she's said the entire community has hurt her.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    fuck you amber tamblyn

7. The Following User Says Thank You to deebakes For This Useful Post:

RBP (03-09-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks