Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Patient's amputated leg used as pillow in Jhansi hospital

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    My old coworkers were talking about the state of Kerala, in the area of the Malabar coast...

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    India doesn't sound like any place I'd like to ever visit
    I'm pretty open to travelling most places, but India is not on my bucket list. My boss went there last year. Full 5-star restaurant/hotel treatment, guided tour bus trip the whole way, all that. Even she came back saying everyone was sick, you were hopping over puddles of shit in all the major cities, and it often still felt unsafe even being whisked from 5-star to 5-star by tour guides.

One other anecdote I have... this kid I went to school with is a bit of a world traveller. He goes everywhere, happiest guy I know, just a super positive outlook on life. Anyways, India was the only place that beat the shit out of him. He cut a planned 6-month trip down to a month after being sick as a dog. Guy said he felt awful about bailing on his trip right up until he shit himself in the airport waiting for a flight home... then he knew he was really done with that place

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (03-13-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,849 Times in 8,184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    I'm pretty open to travelling most places, but India is not on my bucket list. My boss went there last year. Full 5-star restaurant/hotel treatment, guided tour bus trip the whole way, all that. Even she came back saying everyone was sick, you were hopping over puddles of shit in all the major cities, and it often still felt unsafe even being whisked from 5-star to 5-star by tour guides.

One other anecdote I have... this kid I went to school with is a bit of a world traveller. He goes everywhere, happiest guy I know, just a super positive outlook on life. Anyways, India was the only place that beat the shit out of him. He cut a planned 6-month trip down to a month after being sick as a dog. Guy said he felt awful about bailing on his trip right up until he shit himself in the airport waiting for a flight home... then he knew he was really done with that place
    I was reading reviews for a small island resort in Cambodia. There was one that featured a married couple, veteran travelers. Both of them and a few other members at the resort got violently ill. They suspected food poisoning but the woman said later it could have been from the water as well.

Summary is they both get so violently ill they can't leave the room for two days. Hubby gets even more sick, to the point he's delirious and dehydrated because he's vomited and shit himself for 48 hours straight. She decides on day two to go back to the mainland and get hubby into a hospital or doctor. For some reason the resort boat taxis are either not there or broken down. She later finds out only two boat taxis, both owners were nowhere to be found and both had engine problems. Owners were too cheap to get another mechanic over to fix.

Long one short, the poor woman and man are literally throwing everything up/shitting all food and water out and could not leave the little island She makes it sound like a horror movie with plenty of laughs during her story, but when you realize they were literally stuck there for four full days no matter what...and that she suspected all water and food they were being given was contaminated, it got a little creepy.

Damn she made it funny though. "We went to Cambodia, spent over 3 thousand dollars, stayed at a five star resort and each of us lost over 25 pounds! Would go again!"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal-9000 For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (03-13-2018)