#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Feminazi To Be 'Inclusive,' 'Jessica Jones' Has Excluded Male Directors

By Paul Bois - The Daily Wire

The return of the comic book character "Jessica Jones" on Netflix promised a season full of women (directors), and it will deliver a season full of women (directors). With so many women, we'll need a few binders on hand to keep track.

In line with "Transparent" creator Jill Soloway's decree that no "white cis men" should have creative control over women characters, "Jessica Jones" season 2 has made sure that no man will get a chance to manspread in the director's chair.

From Entertainment Weekly:

For its second season, the Marvel-Netflix production recruited female directors to helm all 13 episodes — an achievement that aligns with the series’ reputation as an envelope-pushing, women-centric drama featuring a complicated female protagonist. Though more female filmmakers have entered the spotlight in recent years — 2017 saw massive successes from directors Patty Jenkins, Greta Gerwig, and Dee Rees — women directed only 11 percent of the year’s top 250 films, according to the 2017 “Celluloid Ceiling” study from San Diego State University’s Center for the Study of Women in Television and Film. Jessica Jones‘ female-led set in season 2, in other words, is a remarkable triumph.

Originally, "Jessica Jones" showrunner Melissa Rosenberg only sought to include more female directors on the show, but in the name of "being inclusive" made season 2 exclusively female when Netflix's VP insisted the show be entirely female-driven.

"It didn’t take a lot of effort to fill those slots," Rosenberg says. "There’s a lot of highly qualified and talented female directors out there, so what we did was simply open the door. It wasn’t like we had to give a bunch of women their first break. It was just being inclusive."

"It wasn’t like I was doing them any favors," she continues. "They were doing us a favor by joining our roster. And, you know, we’re looking forward to the day when we’re not even having this conversation, we’re just talking about them as qualified people who happen to be women. Hopefully, we’re there someday, but now? Not yet."

SJW's have largely been celebrating the news, completely ignorant of the sad reality that none of the women hired to direct Season 2 can ever boast of being better talent than their male counterparts because they never actually beat them in the competition since men were expressly excluded for the sake of "inclusion." If getting to direct in Hollywood were like "The Hunger Games," then the odds were very much in their favor on this gig, being that half the competition had been eliminated.

The whole point of storytelling is transplanting people outside of their personal bubbles and onto a universal plain of human experience, which is why women directors like Kathryn Bigelow can make thrilling male-dominated action films like "The Hurt Locker" and James Cameron can make a love story like "Titanic." There's a common ethos we all share, regardless of race or gender. But that sort of authentic inclusiveness doesn't fit the agenda of the Left's identity politics.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (03-16-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,892 Times in 11,967 Posts
    Oh, so they're admitting that season 2's gonna suck. Good, I won't waste my time watching it then.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    She was a bit annoying is S1

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I thought her portrayal was a bit wooden, tbh.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    I had to try hard to get through Defenders, Iron Fist was so fucking stupid in it I didn't even bother trying to watch his solo show

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    The Iron Fist series was rough. I couldn't get through it. The Defenders wasn't too bad. I just focused on Daredevil and Luke Cage. Mostly Daredevil. They did a good thing by bringing back Elektra. If it wasn't for David Tennant, I would have given up on the first Jessica Jones season completely.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (03-16-2018), PorkChopSandwiches (03-16-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts

also, iron fist was dog shit, even until the bitter end

10. The Following User Says Thank You to deebakes For This Useful Post:

PorkChopSandwiches (03-16-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    speak with your wallets, boys.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    they already have my monthly fee whether i watch it or not and cancelling seems like too much work