Thread: Parents monitoring boy’s phone through an app help arrest his teacher for sexual misconduct

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,095 Times in 59,906 Posts

Busted Parents monitoring boy’s phone through an app help arrest his teacher for sexual misconduct

by CNN Wire Service

GOODYEAR, Ariz. — A sixth-grade teacher has been arrested for alleged sexual misconduct with a male student, 13.

Police in Goodyear, Ariz. arrested Brittany Zamora, 27, on Wednesday, March 21. She’s a teacher at Las Brisas Academy near 182nd Ave. and Broadway.

According to police, a parent found text messages between Zamora and the male student, indicating sexual activity both on and off campus.

“The text messages found are sexual in nature that allege an ongoing relationship between the two,” said Lisa Kutis with the Goodyear Police Department.

Kutis said the parents of the alleged victim used an app to monitor his phone.

“As a result of an app, which alerted the parents to some keywords, they then checked the cellphone and discovered these text messages,” Kutis said.

The parent told the principal about the incident, and the principal called the police.

“They froze different screens off the student’s phone,” said Interim Superintendent Dr. Richard Rundhaug, speaking of the alleged victim’s parents. “We made arrangements for the teacher to come to school for a meeting with the principal, and the arrest took place before that meeting could take place.”

The victim said the relationship started in a classroom chat group where he said Zamora started flirting with him and sending him naked pictures of herself.

According to court documents, the victim’s father made another report to Buckeye police on March 22 stating that Zamora and her husband were harassing him over the phone.

The victim’s father told police that he received a phone call from Zamora and her husband, pleading with him not to contact the police. During that phone call, Zamora’s husband got on the phone and told the victim’s father that Zamora made a big mistake, but that she loved the kids, documents state.

The victim’s father told officers that Zamora’s husband asked to handle the situation informally and they they should ‘meet up’ and ‘settle this.’ The victim’s father declined and ended the phone call.

The documents also mention a second victim. The first victim said this victim witnessed some of the sex acts. Police spoke to the second victim who also said that Zamora had showed him naked pictures of herself.

Zamora was booked into jail on two counts of molestation of a child, one count of furnishing harmful material and nine counts of sexual conduct with a minor.

“There was an automated message but it didn’t say a whole lot,” said Andrea Meza, Las Brisas Academy parent.

She said she got a recorded phone call, saying there was an incident at the school. On the school’s website, they posted a brief letter that went home with parents, saying there was a “reported an allegation involving a staff member and a student.”

Just a few weeks ago, a Florida middle school teacher was arrested after police said she had a “sexual relationship” with an eighth-grade student.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (07-13-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts
    Strange, she looks quite innocent

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Listen I know the chicks a pedo.. But if I when was 13 and could get my hands on something like her.. Ho-Ly Fook. I would have taken her back in my woods and hit that every day multiple times. So much more appealing than fucking my hand covered in Prell shampoo.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

KevinD (03-26-2018), Pony (07-13-2019), Teh One Who Knocks (03-26-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,742 Times in 4,207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    Listen I know the chicks a pedo.. But if I when was 13 and could get my hands on something like her.. Ho-Ly Fook. I would have taken her back in my woods and hit that every day multiple times. So much more appealing than fucking my hand covered in Prell shampoo.
    When we were 13 all our teachers looked like this.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pony For This Useful Post:

Muddy (03-26-2018), Teh One Who Knocks (03-26-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    wtf is wrong with people?

i have a 14 year old son right now and couldn't imagine dealing with the shit storm of having an inappropriate relationship with his teacher

9. The Following User Says Thank You to deebakes For This Useful Post:

RBP (07-13-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Update Parents seek $2.5M from school district after teacher is accused of molesting their son

By Dom Calicchio | Fox News

The parents of a 13-year-old Arizona boy who was allegedly molested by a female teacher plan to sue their son’s school district for $2.5 million, claiming the district failed to properly report the relationship.

The parents on Monday filed a notice of claim against the district, signaling their intention of filing a lawsuit, Fox 10 in Phoenix reported.

The teacher, Brittany Zamora, 27, was arrested in March on multiple charges, including felony sexual conduct with a minor and molesting a child.

She has pleaded not guilty and remains in jail, with her next court appearance scheduled for Wednesday, the Arizona Republic reported. A trial is set to begin in November, the report said.

In their filing, the parents claim that the Liberty Elementary School District could have prevented the alleged molestation, Fox 10 reported. Their attorney says a majority of the alleged sexual activity between the teacher and student occurred after the school was alerted about the alleged relationship, the report said.

“It was preventable,” Tempe attorney Michael Medina said, according to the Republic. "We want to hold the school district accountable so this never happens again in the future."

Three other students at Las Bristas Academy Elementary School in the West Valley area near Phoenix had expressed concern about the relationship in February and submitted written statements, the Republic reported. They alleged that Zamora was “dating” the student, gave him favorable treatment in class, and gave him “warnings” when other students received detention, the report said.

Richard Rundhaug, the school district’s acting superintendent, told the Republic in a previous interview that district officials had investigated the other students’ claims, and had given Zamora specific instructions designed to end favorable treatment of the student in question.

Zamora was arrested in March, after the school’s principal contacted police. Reports said the boy’s parents had found graphic Instagram messages between the teacher and student, describing specific sexual acts.

Zamora also sent the boy photos of herself, naked or wearing lingerie, according to court records viewed by the Republic.

The parents’ suspicions were raised after they began monitoring their sons’ communications using Sentry Parental Control, a cellphone monitoring application, the newspaper reported.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (07-13-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Update Ex-Arizona teacher sentenced to 20 years in prison for sex with student

By Robert Gearty | Fox News

A former Arizona teacher was sentenced Friday to 20 years in prison for having sex multiple times with one of her students, a 13-year-old boy.

The sentence, the minimum that 28-year-old Brittany Zamora faced, was the culmination of a sensational case that drew international attention, The Arizona Republic reported.

"I am a good and genuine person who made a mistake and regret it deeply," Zamora told the court in Maricopa County before sentencing, according to the paper. "I lived my life respecting and trying to obey every law. I'm not a threat to society by any means."

She apologized to the victims of her actions, their kin and her own relatives, the paper reported. She told the judge that her actions were out of character and said she'd like to attend counseling. She said she wants to earn a new degree in prison so she can start another career when she is free once more.

The parents of the boy found out the married Zamora was having sex with their son after they began monitoring his phone with an app.

Zamora taught sixth-grade students at Las Brisas Academy in Goodyear. She was arrested in March 2018 and pleaded guilty last month to charges of sexual conduct with a minor, attempted molestation of a child and public sexual indecency.

On one occasion, Zamora asked an 11-year-old boy who was a friend of the 13-year-old to stand watch during an encounter in her classroom, the paper reported.

"Ms. Zamora lures these boys, earns their trust and then takes advantage of them purely to fill her own sexual desires," the mother of the boy who was asked to serve as a lookout said in court, the paper reported. "She used her position of power to molest a child.

"She's a pedophile and no different than if a man were sitting in her place right now."

The 13-year-old victim’s family members were not at the sentencing, but their statements were read by their lawyer, KVOA-TV reported

The boy's mother said she hated Zamora for what she'd done to her child.

Zamora has been behind bars since her arrest and will get credit for time served.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (07-13-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts

Bitch Brittany Zamora's attorney shifts blame to 13-year-old student after sentencing

Brittany Zamora's attorney blamed the child who was sexually abused and painted the former teacher as a victim hours after Zamora was sentenced to 20 years in prison.

Belen Olmedo Guerra held a news conference shortly after the sentencing in Maricopa County Superior Court on Friday, with Zamora's mother and a family friend standing silently behind her.

"This was not between a young child and Brittany — this was a teenager," Guerra said of the victim, who was 13 at the time of the abuse.

Guerra also accused Las Brisas Academy Principal Timothy Dickey of ignoring Zamora's requests to move the victim to another class because the victim had "boundary issues" and was "obsessed" with his teacher.

The teen persistently inquired about Zamora's identifying features, such as her birthmarks and moles, Guerra said. He also had multiple cellphones and social media accounts.

The family had Dickey's cellphone number because of their son's "many behavioral issues," according to Guerra.

Guerra said she learned this new information from Dickey during a defense interview. It's not clear why they accepted a plea deal if Zamora believed there was so much evidence in the case.

Guerra denied that she was blaming the 13-year-old and that she was calling a Zamora a victim when questioned about the accusations directly.

The attorney also read a statement Zamora wrote. In the letter, Zamora accused the state of treating her unfairly.

"It's shocking to me how others are so quick to judge based on hearing accusations from only one side of the story," Zamora said. "It was made clear to me the state already made their decision well before I was given the chance to prove my innocence in any way, shape or form."

She alleged the prosecution ignored evidence that proved the "highest degree of character," such as a psycho-sexual evaluation, a polygraph test and other corroborating items.

"I feel like I was used as a publicity act to gain attention that was often driven by money and motivation from several parties," she said.

She also took the opportunity to scold the media for portraying her as a "monster" and described herself as a kind and caring person, touting her volunteer history and strong support system.

"I hope our society can learn not to judge each other based on the way information is biasedly portrayed because I know firsthand how it feels to be portrayed as someone you're not," Zamora concluded in her statement.

Guerra and Zamora's family called the 20-year sentence a win as it was the minimum possible sentence outlined within the plea deal.

Family attorney calls claims 'outrageous'

Russ Richelsoph, an attorney for the victim's father and stepmother, told The Arizona Republic they were shocked by the comments.

"To go into court and argue a client is remorseful during a sentencing hearing and to hold a press conference hours later blaming it on the victim indicates she's not truly remorseful," Richelsoph said. "Blaming the victim ... saying a 13-year-old seduced her ... that's what you see from hardcore child predators."

Ultimately, Guerra's and Zamora's comments will have no effect on the sentence she received. It's not known whether the judge who sentenced her is aware of the contradictory statements.

Richelsoph said the victim-blaming statement only proves that Zamora is a true danger to society.

"Whether or not the child has behavioral issues in the classroom is irrelevant," he said. "She's a teacher and, if she chose to deal with it by having a sex party with one of her students, that's the wrong answer."

Zamora case comes to a close

Zamora was arrested in March 2018 and accused of having a sexual relationship with her sixth-grade student. She was also accused of sending naked pictures of herself to the student, and police records indicate she may have been attempting to groom other students for sex.

The family of the victim also filed a civil lawsuit against Zamora's husband, Daniel, and Liberty Elementary School District. The lawsuit alleges Dickey was aware of rumors for more than a month before the sexual abuse was revealed.

The lawsuit also accused Daniel Zamora of failing to alert authorities after he learned of the ongoing molestation. He recently settled for an undisclosed amount.

The lawsuit against Liberty Elementary School District is ongoing.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,255 Times in 16,489 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,558 Times in 5,209 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,836 Times in 8,175 Posts
    God she sounds 12 in that video and sure is playing her - I don't know - card, tee hee, giggle giggle.

You are of a certain age and a teacher, surely part of the law about molesting minors is in some way understandable to you?

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    God she sounds 12 in that video and sure is playing her - I don't know - card, tee hee, giggle giggle.

You are of a certain age and a teacher, surely part of the law about molesting minors is in some way understandable to you?
    I have yet to have an understanding. I have my theories...
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    She got 20 years though, so the system worked.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (07-17-2019)