Thread: Jimmy Kimmel mocks Melania Trump's accent, trolls White House Easter Egg Roll in monologue

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Trump Derangement Syn Jimmy Kimmel mocks Melania Trump's accent, trolls White House Easter Egg Roll in monologue

By Jennifer Earl | Fox News

Late-night host Jimmy Kimmel didn't hold back the jabs at first lady Melania Trump on "Jimmy Kimmel Live" Monday night while mocking the 140th annual White House Easter Egg Roll, which she hosted earlier that day.

"I want to really thank the first lady, Melania, who has really done an incredible job," President Trump announced from the balcony of the White House to kick off the event. "She worked so hard on this event, so I want to thank you."

With a big grin, Kimmel told his fans, "Not a chance she did one thing to help set that up. There's no -- she didn't dye eggs, she didn't fill baskets. The only thing she's been working on is an escape tunnel."

The audience applauded, as Kimmel pointed to a "surprise visitor" who was photoshopped into the background of the Trumps as they greeted a large crowd at the White House: Stormy Daniels.

"You know, it was supposed to be pouring, the weather. It was supposed to be very rainy and nasty and cold and windy," Trump told a crowd of about 30,000 people in attendance.

"And Stormy, too, you know," Kimmel added.

Kimmel then directed the audience's attention to a clip of Melania reading the children's book, "YOU!," by Sandra Magsamen. After playing about 10 seconds of footage, Kimmel chuckled and mocked the first lady's accent, repeating the last words she read.

"This and that," said Kimmel, as he impersonated Mrs. Trump.

He then turned to his sidekick on the show, “Guillermo, you know what this means? You could be first lady of the United States.”

But Kimmel's bit didn't end there. The comedian, once again, pointed to a television screen and featured Melania finishing the book.

"That's the end," Melania said as she closed the book.

The audience roared with laughter as Kimmel added, "...of the world."

He continued, "Hey, I love that Vice President Pence just released the children’s book about a bunny. Did they read that to the kids? Nope, they went with ‘dis and dat’ instead.”

While some applauded the Kimmel's nearly three-minute monologue, others critcized the comedian's joke, calling it "offensive."

"I love your show and I love it when you take on Trump. But mocking Melania for her accent was a rare mis-step. Doesn't she speak several languages? (And isn't that a good thing in a First Lady?)" one fan asked Kimmel on Twitter Thursday.

"Classy. Making fun of the First Lady," another wrote, along with a face palm emoji.

"If this was some random foreigner, you people would NEVER make fun of their accent and risk offending them. What a bunch of [hypocrites] you are. You should be ashamed that you’re allowed on television," a Twitter user added.

Kimmel posted the video on his Twitter account Tuesday morning, with the caption: "No one celebrates #Easter quite like the Trumps…"

But that wasn't the only joke aimed at the Trump administration during Kimmel's show on Monday. He also trolled Trump's counselor Kellyanne Conway, who he dubbed the "#1 White House leaker," and conducted a "Make America Grate Again Spelling Bee," asking three young students to come on stage and spell words incorrectly.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    Pretty lightweight, but I'll admit the ciggy on the balcony was funny.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    So it's okay to make fun of the way people talk? Good to know

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Double Standards Jimmy Kimmel’s attack on Melania Trump is despicable and wouldn’t be tolerated for any other immigrant

By Karol Markowicz | The New York Post

On Monday, the White House held its 140th annual Easter Egg Roll. The event, hosted by Melania Trump, featured children adorably pushing eggs along the White House lawn.

In a bizarre response, late night talk show host Jimmy Kimmel launched an attack on Melania Trump over the event. First he derided Melania as being uninvolved in the set-up of the event. “Not a chance she did one thing to help set that up. There's no -- she didn't dye eggs, she didn't fill baskets.”

Did Michelle Obama dye eggs or fill baskets? Where was Kimmel to question her efforts during the eight years of the Obama administration?

Next, Kimmel mocked Melania Trump’s accent. This type of anti-immigrant attack is only OK for leftists to make on people like Melania.

Diversity is important to the left, as long as it doesn’t include any diversity of opinion or departure from what is expected from you. Hillary Clinton wasn’t some little Tammy Wynette “stand by your man” type, even though she ultimately was, but Melania Trump is expected to leave her husband, shun him, speak out against him publicly otherwise she deserves the wrath of people like Jimmy Kimmel.

I’m an immigrant, I came to the U.S. as a child from the Soviet Union and I frequently get these kinds of attacks from the left when I write something with which they disagree. “Go back to where you came from” is standard. As I said, this kind of othering is only OK when aimed at immigrants for whom the left has no need.

Why take a supposed comedian and his taunts seriously? In the past few years Kimmel has moved beyond comedy to political activism.

When his son was sick he took to his show crying and speaking out in support of saving ObamaCare.

After the Las Vegas shooting, Kimmel openly blamed Republicans – first the politicians, then anyone on the right. After blaming U.S House speaker Paul Ryan by name, he followed up the next night targeting all people who disagreed with his gun positions by saying Republicans know “in their hearts” that they bear some responsibility for the slaughter.

This is not a comedy show and Kimmel shouldn’t have cover for his anti-immigrant comments because he’s an alleged “comedian.”

His attack on Melania is despicable and wouldn’t be tolerated for any other First Lady or immigrant. It shouldn’t be tolerated for Melania Trump either.

weapon of mass consumption redred's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,562 Times in 3,632 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post

it's fine

6. The Following User Says Thank You to redred For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (04-04-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post

The first lady? I thought that part was a bit lame
    Last edited by lost in melb.; 04-04-2018 at 12:10 PM.