#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Stupid Steven Spielberg Says the Next Indiana Jones Could Be a Woman

Alexia Fernandez - People Magazine

Steven Spielberg says he will consider introducing a female version of Indiana Jones once the upcoming fifth film is complete.

The director, 71, opened up about expanding the adventures of the iconic character once Harrison Ford hangs up his fedora and whip and that perhaps it was time for the character to take “a different form.”

“I have been very lucky to be influenced by women, several of whom I have just loved madly — my mom and my wife,” Spielberg told The Sun in an interview.

As for continuing the longlasting franchise, he said the fifth film “will be Harrison Ford’s last Indiana Jones movie, I am pretty sure, but it will certainly continue after that.”

“We’d have to change the name from Jones to Joan. And there would be nothing wrong with that,” he added.

Spielberg and Ford will be hard at work on the next Indiana Jones film, which is scheduled for release in 2020.

His decision to consider a female Indiana Jones comes despite the director previously saying in 2015, he could only think of one actor who could play the archaeologist.

“I don’t think anyone could replace Harrison as Indy, I don’t think that’s ever going to happen,” he said in an interview with Screen International posted on Screen Daily.

Rumors had been swirling that with Ford entering his mid-70s, the whip-toting archaeologist might be played by a new actor. But Spielberg made it clear no one – not even the highly suggested Chris Pratt – is in consideration.

“It’s certainly not my intention to ever have another actor step into his shoes in the way there have been many actors that have played Spider-Man or Batman,” the directed said definitively. “There is only going to be one actor playing Indiana Jones and that’s Harrison Ford.”

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts

Why does there need to be another one? If he wants to make an adventure/action film with a female lead thats fine, but why the need to use the Indiana name?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Goofy For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (04-05-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy View Post

Why does there need to be another one? If he wants to make an adventure/action film with a female lead thats fine, but why the need to use the Indiana name?

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,740 Times in 4,205 Posts
    The surprise ending will be that the whole plot was around an ancient civilization of Abominable Snowmen.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    I was talking a Jewish fellow not that long ago and he told me that he does not consider his race white.. He considers himself 'Jewish'. The reason I bring this up is maybe this guy is jumping on the minority express here and doing his part to now combat 'White Supremacy'. Even though he's a fuckin' stupid cracker like the rest of us..

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Yeah, Jewish isn't a race

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Im curious Dees take cause this fella damn sure thought it was..

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Race or Religion?

I will be giving a speech on the topic of "Jews: Race or Religion?" My mother always taught me that it is a race. I want to get expert advice, so would you consider Judaism as a race or a religion? And what precisely is the basis of Jewish belief and nationhood?

The Aish Rabbi Replies:

To categorize Judaism "only" as a religion is a misunderstanding. The Jewish people are a nation, who share a common land (Israel), a common religion (Judaism) and a common history (dating back to Abraham).

What is amazing is how the Jews have maintained their distinct national identity having been scattered to the four corners of the globe. This achievement was possible only because of our adherence to the Torah, the "constitution" of the Jewish people. The Torah lays out the scope of personal rights and obligations, as well as laws covering lifecycle, business practice, medical ethics, parenting, married life, etc. Observance of the Torah was thus the thread which kept the Jewish people alive, and thriving, in every place and time.

Judaism cannot be classified as a race, because anyone can become a Jew by converting. The convert is considered a Jew in every regard, and his relationship with God is the same level as that of every other Jew. Come to Israel and you will find black Jews, oriental Jews, Indian Jews, etc.
    http://www.aish.com/atr/Race_or_Religion.html

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Got it.. But you see my point.. Whether or not it is correct, that is how some see themselves.. ^^

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts
    Why Indiana Joan? Jones was a last name. Henry Jones Jr. is the character's full name, with Indiana being a nickname, originally his childhood dog's name that he kept for himself. Despite the idiocy of continuing the story with a female (if you wanted to do that, Steve, then maybe you should have made Indiana and Marion's offspring a daughter instead of a stupid Shia Labeouf), wouldn't it still be Indiana Jones, but with a female first name?

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    Im curious Dees take cause this fella damn sure thought it was..

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Why Indiana Joan? Jones was a last name. Henry Jones Jr. is the character's full name, with Indiana being a nickname, originally his childhood dog's name that he kept for himself. Despite the idiocy of continuing the story with a female (if you wanted to do that, Steve, then maybe you should have made Indiana and Marion's offspring a daughter instead of a stupid Shia Labeouf), wouldn't it still be Indiana Jones, but with a female first name?

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Mindy Anna Jones