Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    Sorry guys, used to be one of my favorite series and I stopped watching two seasons ago. Every season seemed like the same thing - Sam or Dean get into trouble in hell, rinse and repeat.

I used to love the show
    I know how you feel. But I just shut my brain off and keep watching. It usually takes a few episodes, but I just roll with it and get into it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Yeah, I really like Supernatural. Sure it's had it's weak episodes, but what shows don't? For the majority of its current 14 seasons, it's been a well done show. It's got suspense and horror and comedy and drama and it's all done well.

Gotham should be close to its end now, I believe it was only supposed to be a 10 episode season this year.
    Gotham has 2 episodes left, and then it's done. They've got 2 episodes left to save Gotham from Nyssa and Bane, get Gordon and Thompkins divorced, then Gordon and Barbara married, and Bruce in full Batman gear to be where they should be, or at least where they are in the comics.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

Hal-9000 (03-25-2019)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I know man. For some reason I had to cut ties with a few things

I see the promos or hear Carry On My Wayward Son in any context and it reminds me...

There's a better vid of them singing Seven Bridges where Dean really lays into the solo singing part

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,095 Times in 59,906 Posts
    Sorry guys, used to be one of my favorite series and I stopped watching two seasons ago. Every season seemed like the same thing - Sam or Dean get into trouble in hell, rinse and repeat.

I used to love the show
    Get back on board!

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

I used to love the show
    It's not that much different than other serialized shows. You could say the same thing about the Walking Dead to a point. Only difference in TWD is that some main characters die along the way, but it's still the same basic formula. Good Guys meet the Big Bad, they do battle with the Big Bad, they eventually triumph over the Big Bad (with a few casualties along the way).

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,742 Times in 4,207 Posts
    I think I'm a season and a half or so behind. Still watch reruns of previous seasons and I'm sure I will catch up at some point. Might as well just wait til everything gets released on netflix at this point though.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    It's not that much different than other serialized shows. You could say the same thing about the Walking Dead to a point. Only difference in TWD is that some main characters die along the way, but it's still the same basic formula. Good Guys meet the Big Bad, they do battle with the Big Bad, they eventually triumph over the Big Bad (with a few casualties along the way).
    Yes The Walking Dead is the same situation. I like the characters, the idea and the world building within each show. I see TWD as a show that keeps circling the chessboard, removing and adding pieces without really advancing the story in any way.

Supernatural tends to be more about - What new bad guy will Sam and Dean fight, then which one of them will end up captured/changed by the end of the season? I stopped watching after Cas and Crowley had so many different incarnations I was losing track.

Both series offer something different to me. TWD has provided more wtf horrible moments and certainly more drama. Supernatural is more about old friends fighting varying forms of evil and having a few laughs along the way.

I think Supernatural really hit it's stride during the early seasons when it stopped being a monster of the week show and started having one storyline. (yellow eyed demon who took Mom). TWD became great when they started meeting the various communities and personalities that had survived the initial zombie outbreak, and when they tried establishing communities of their own.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Supernatural Should End With The Death Of Both Sam & Dean Winchester

by Craig Elvy - Screen Rant

Supernatural is confirmed to be ending with season 15, and the Winchesters should go down in a hail of blood and bullets. In 2005, a fresh-faced Jensen Ackles teamed up with an even fresher-faced Jared Padalecki as Dean and Sam Winchester to hunt down all manner of fantastical monsters, eerie undead spirits and sinister demonic entities. Joined in season 4 by a third lead character in Misha Collins' Castiel, Supernatural grew into a cultural phenomenon, becoming the longest running TV show of its kind and amassing a dedicated, passionate fan base. Alas, after 14 years of roadside heart-to-hearts, "checking the lore" and coming back from the brink of death, Supernatural's ending is at last nigh.

Now that the tears of the Supernatural fandom have stopped flowing (temporarily, at least), thoughts begin to turn to how the Winchesters' epic tale will end. There have been many occasions in Supernatural history where the narrative could've come to a natural conclusion and creator Eric Kripke actually originally intended the show to run for between 3 and 5 seasons. Since then, however, Sam and Dean have met God, reunited with their father and teamed up with the Scooby Gang. With so many mighty accomplishments on their resume, it's not immediately clear where Supernatural can go in its final season to deliver a climactic and conclusive ending to the story.

And of course, a large part of the discussion surrounding Supernatural's impending finale concerns the fate of the Winchester brothers themselves. Will they each find a wife, settle down and live happily ever after? Or will they go out in a blaze of glory, sacrificing themselves for the cause? Realistically speaking, there's only one way this story ends: with Sam and Dean Winchester dying, saying goodbye to the world they've spent over a decade defending.

The Hunter's Code Dictates Sam & Dean Should Die At The End Of Supernatural

Perhaps the most compelling argument for the Winchesters to die at the end of Supernatural is to follow in the tradition of a hunter's lifestyle. Both the show and the Winchesters themselves have often reminded viewers, as well as each other, that hunters are never blessed with a happy ending and are destined to go out "bloody" as Dean has eloquently explained in episodes past. Supernatural has been building up the prospect of a "Butch and Sundance" style exit for years and now that time is near, any other type of finale would be contrary to everything the audience has heard up to this point.

Some viewers might argue that turning this hunter tradition on its head may be a more effective, and certainly more feelgood, way to end the series. After all, Sam and Dean have surely done more for the world than any other hunter before them - do they not deserve to buck the trend and ride off happily into the sunset, hanging up their holy water and silver bullets for a quiet retirement?

This might have made for a fitting conclusion, were it not for all the hunters that have given their lives in the process of helping Sam and Dean throughout Supernatural's 14 seasons.

Ellen, Jo, Pamela, Bobby, Maggie, the various single-episode hunters that no one remembers. The list of humans who have died while helping out the Winchesters is extensive and while some certainly would've perished with or without Sam and Dean's interference, others met their doom purely because that famous black Impala was in town. Therefore, while Sam and Dean's heroic deeds may mean they deserve a reprieve from the traditional hunter's funeral, it would seem somewhat unfair for them to live happily ever after when so many friends fell along the way.

Supernatural Can't End With Sam & Dean Retiring Because It's Already Happened

Leaving the Winchesters alive after Supernatural's final episode presents a unique problem: the brothers have already proved themselves incapable of giving up "the life." As Bobby Singer often said with his trademark gravel-toned wit, you don't just stop being a hunter and while both Sam and Dean have, at separate junctures, found a way to live a normal existence, the world of the paranormal has always drawn them back in before too long.

In Dean's case, the eldest Winchester managed to rekindle a romance with former one-night-stand Lisa and moved in with her and her son, the incredibly Dean-like Ben, when Sam was presumed trapped in The Cage. After living an apple-pie life for a little while, the supernatural returned to haunt Dean, and it wasn't long before both brothers were out saving people and hunting things once again. Dean desperately tried to balance his family life with his day job but, as expected, his adventures soon caught up to Lisa and Ben, putting them in harm's way on several occasions. Ultimately, Dean's hunting almost cost Lisa her life and, heartbroken, Dean requested Castiel erase all memories of him from Lisa's mind.

Sam enjoyed a similar, if not quite as tragic, taste of regular life between seasons 7 and 8 with veterinarian Amelia. Although the relationship broke down more because of Amelia's husband returning than for any hunting-related reasons, Sam immediately resumes his former occupation alongside Dean when the romance is over. Clearly, the boys are too entrenched in the world of hunting monsters to ever break away and live a normal life; if Supernatural tried to go with a happy ending where both boys settled down, viewers would rightfully assume that it would only be a matter of time until the hunting bug kicked in all over again.

Of course, Supernatural needn't end with Sam and Dean's retirement, and could instead conclude with the brothers still alive and still on the hunt for cases, just as they are currently. However, ending the series on Supernatural's status quo is hardly a definitive or satisfying closer. A finale where one brother dies and the other lives can also be ruled out, since viewers have already witnessed the lengths Sam and Dean will go to resurrect each other. With all this in mind, the obvious solution is to kill off both Winchesters for good.

A Deadly Ending Can Still Be A Happy Ending

Few would argue that the Winchester brothers aren't deserving of a good, long rest. If Supernatural does indeed bid farewell with the Winchesters' deaths, the final scene can still be a positive and uplifting end to Sam and Dean's story. Given the family's history in heroic deeds and their personal friendship with God himself, it's possible that when Sam and Dean die, they won't depart to the afterlife like just any regular old humans. Instead, God could use his position as the general creator of all things to offer Sam, Dean, Mary and John a place in the heavens where they can live together in peace for all eternity. Combine this with a hunter's funeral led by Castiel that draws in powerful hunters from across the globe, and Supernatural looks perfectly positioned for a touching, but permanent, sendoff.

Even with such a heartfelt resolution for the Winchester family however, there would still be a lingering question mark over the safety of Earth. Who will protect the world, or the U.S. midwest at least, without Sam and Dean around? Supernatural may have already laid the groundwork to provide a solution to this very problem.

In the recent Supernatural season 14 episode "Don't Go In The Woods," Sam and Dean were forced to give "the talk" to an ignorant member of the public. Instead of staring at the Winchester brothers in disbelief and awe however, this person questioned why the duo hadn't already revealed the truth about the supernatural to the entire world. While Dean scoffed at this idea, Sam appeared to be seriously considering the proposition, and thus the seeds were planted for brotherly division further down the line.

With the end of Supernatural now in sight, this scene may well be laying the foundations for an ending that sees the Winchesters reveal the truth to the entire world before departing the mortal plane, leaving Earth's fate in its own hands and answering the question of who will guard the planet without Sam and Dean around.

-

At its core, Supernatural has always been a show about sacrifice. Sam and Dean Winchester have sacrificed any opportunity to live a normal life in order to protect the world from evil and, somewhere along the way, they seemed to silently accept the reality that there was no running away from their destiny as hunters. Changing course in season 15 to give the Winchesters a fairy tale ending where they live to see another day would not only feel wrong, but wouldn't fully close the book on Sam and Dean's epic journey.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Mary

Looks like Jack maybe the 'bad guy' now

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I'm not entirely certain that she's dead. He may have sent her somewhere.

What's the over/under on Chuck showing up?

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    And I disagreed with Mary admonishing Jack about the way he killed Nick. She said that he didn't deserve it....hell yes he deserved it. He was a cold blooded killer and he came *this close* to bringing Lucifer back. Not to0 mention that he basically killed Sam while beating him on the head with that rock.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    I'm not entirely certain that she's dead. He may have sent her somewhere.

What's the over/under on Chuck showing up?
    I bet he shows, if not before this season ends, definitely next season since it's going to be the final season.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    by Craig Elvy - Screen Rant

Supernatural is confirmed to be ending with season 15, and the Winchesters should go down in a hail of blood and bullets. In 2005, a fresh-faced Jensen Ackles teamed up with an even fresher-faced Jared Padalecki as Dean and Sam Winchester to hunt down all manner of fantastical monsters, eerie undead spirits and sinister demonic entities. Joined in season 4 by a third lead character in Misha Collins' Castiel, Supernatural grew into a cultural phenomenon, becoming the longest running TV show of its kind and amassing a dedicated, passionate fan base. Alas, after 14 years of roadside heart-to-hearts, "checking the lore" and coming back from the brink of death, Supernatural's ending is at last nigh.

Now that the tears of the Supernatural fandom have stopped flowing (temporarily, at least), thoughts begin to turn to how the Winchesters' epic tale will end. There have been many occasions in Supernatural history where the narrative could've come to a natural conclusion and creator Eric Kripke actually originally intended the show to run for between 3 and 5 seasons. Since then, however, Sam and Dean have met God, reunited with their father and teamed up with the Scooby Gang. With so many mighty accomplishments on their resume, it's not immediately clear where Supernatural can go in its final season to deliver a climactic and conclusive ending to the story.

And of course, a large part of the discussion surrounding Supernatural's impending finale concerns the fate of the Winchester brothers themselves. Will they each find a wife, settle down and live happily ever after? Or will they go out in a blaze of glory, sacrificing themselves for the cause? Realistically speaking, there's only one way this story ends: with Sam and Dean Winchester dying, saying goodbye to the world they've spent over a decade defending.

he Hunter's Code Dictates Sam & Dean Should Die At The End Of Supernatural

Perhaps the most compelling argument for the Winchesters to die at the end of Supernatural is to follow in the tradition of a hunter's lifestyle. Both the show and the Winchesters themselves have often reminded viewers, as well as each other, that hunters are never blessed with a happy ending and are destined to go out "bloody" as Dean has eloquently explained in episodes past. Supernatural has been building up the prospect of a "Butch and Sundance" style exit for years and now that time is near, any other type of finale would be contrary to everything the audience has heard up to this point.

Some viewers might argue that turning this hunter tradition on its head may be a more effective, and certainly more feelgood, way to end the series. After all, Sam and Dean have surely done more for the world than any other hunter before them - do they not deserve to buck the trend and ride off happily into the sunset, hanging up their holy water and silver bullets for a quiet retirement?

This might have made for a fitting conclusion, were it not for all the hunters that have given their lives in the process of helping Sam and Dean throughout Supernatural's 14 seasons.

Ellen, Jo, Pamela, Bobby, Maggie, the various single-episode hunters that no one remembers. The list of humans who have died while helping out the Winchesters is extensive and while some certainly would've perished with or without Sam and Dean's interference, others met their doom purely because that famous black Impala was in town. Therefore, while Sam and Dean's heroic deeds may mean they deserve a reprieve from the traditional hunter's funeral, it would seem somewhat unfair for them to live happily ever after when so many friends fell along the way.

Supernatural Can't End With Sam & Dean Retiring Because It's Already Happened

Leaving the Winchesters alive after Supernatural's final episode presents a unique problem: the brothers have already proved themselves incapable of giving up "the life." As Bobby Singer often said with his trademark gravel-toned wit, you don't just stop being a hunter and while both Sam and Dean have, at separate junctures, found a way to live a normal existence, the world of the paranormal has always drawn them back in before too long.

In Dean's case, the eldest Winchester managed to rekindle a romance with former one-night-stand Lisa and moved in with her and her son, the incredibly Dean-like Ben, when Sam was presumed trapped in The Cage. After living an apple-pie life for a little while, the supernatural returned to haunt Dean, and it wasn't long before both brothers were out saving people and hunting things once again. Dean desperately tried to balance his family life with his day job but, as expected, his adventures soon caught up to Lisa and Ben, putting them in harm's way on several occasions. Ultimately, Dean's hunting almost cost Lisa her life and, heartbroken, Dean requested Castiel erase all memories of him from Lisa's mind.

Sam enjoyed a similar, if not quite as tragic, taste of regular life between seasons 7 and 8 with veterinarian Amelia. Although the relationship broke down more because of Amelia's husband returning than for any hunting-related reasons, Sam immediately resumes his former occupation alongside Dean when the romance is over. Clearly, the boys are too entrenched in the world of hunting monsters to ever break away and live a normal life; if Supernatural tried to go with a happy ending where both boys settled down, viewers would rightfully assume that it would only be a matter of time until the hunting bug kicked in all over again.

Of course, Supernatural needn't end with Sam and Dean's retirement, and could instead conclude with the brothers still alive and still on the hunt for cases, just as they are currently. However, ending the series on Supernatural's status quo is hardly a definitive or satisfying closer. A finale where one brother dies and the other lives can also be ruled out, since viewers have already witnessed the lengths Sam and Dean will go to resurrect each other. With all this in mind, the obvious solution is to kill off both Winchesters for good.

A Deadly Ending Can Still Be A Happy Ending

Few would argue that the Winchester brothers aren't deserving of a good, long rest. If Supernatural does indeed bid farewell with the Winchesters' deaths, the final scene can still be a positive and uplifting end to Sam and Dean's story. Given the family's history in heroic deeds and their personal friendship with God himself, it's possible that when Sam and Dean die, they won't depart to the afterlife like just any regular old humans. Instead, God could use his position as the general creator of all things to offer Sam, Dean, Mary and John a place in the heavens where they can live together in peace for all eternity. Combine this with a hunter's funeral led by Castiel that draws in powerful hunters from across the globe, and Supernatural looks perfectly positioned for a touching, but permanent, sendoff.

Even with such a heartfelt resolution for the Winchester family however, there would still be a lingering question mark over the safety of Earth. Who will protect the world, or the U.S. midwest at least, without Sam and Dean around? Supernatural may have already laid the groundwork to provide a solution to this very problem.

In the recent Supernatural season 14 episode "Don't Go In The Woods," Sam and Dean were forced to give "the talk" to an ignorant member of the public. Instead of staring at the Winchester brothers in disbelief and awe however, this person questioned why the duo hadn't already revealed the truth about the supernatural to the entire world. While Dean scoffed at this idea, Sam appeared to be seriously considering the proposition, and thus the seeds were planted for brotherly division further down the line.

With the end of Supernatural now in sight, this scene may well be laying the foundations for an ending that sees the Winchesters reveal the truth to the entire world before departing the mortal plane, leaving Earth's fate in its own hands and answering the question of who will guard the planet without Sam and Dean around.

-

At its core, Supernatural has always been a show about sacrifice. Sam and Dean Winchester have sacrificed any opportunity to live a normal life in order to protect the world from evil and, somewhere along the way, they seemed to silently accept the reality that there was no running away from their destiny as hunters. Changing course in season 15 to give the Winchesters a fairy tale ending where they live to see another day would not only feel wrong, but wouldn't fully close the book on Sam and Dean's epic journey.
    Yes but they've literally fought gods and demons and lived. Have them die from cholesterol or a bad burger from McDonalds.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks