Thread: Bella Thorne claims she gets paid $65G for one Instagram post — and now we’re questioning everything

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Really? Bella Thorne claims she gets paid $65G for one Instagram post — and now we’re questioning everything

By Nicole Bitette - The New York Daily News

Bella Thorne is Insta-rich thanks to social media.

The 20-year-old former Disney star revealed that she makes $65,000 for a regular image post on her grid — and anywhere from $10,000 to $20,000 for something on her story or on Snapchat.

"I put myself out there the way I do on social media because I want people to see how I am," she says in a short documentary called "Inside the Life of Bella Thorne" produced by Vogue and Broadly. "I was raised to think social media is everything."

"Instagram is 100% a job to me," Thorne continued. "I started at 18 with literally $200 in my bank account and I bought this house a year later, a year and a half. That's all from social media."

It’s unclear if Thorne was referring to sponsored posts or her actual presence on the sites in general.

Thorne, who started modeling at six weeks old, garnered fame for her role as CeCe Jones on the Disney series "Shake it Up" from 2010 to 2013.

She's now expanded her career into singing, acting, directing, writing — and of course, being a social media maven.

[IGM]p/BdvXaTkATZk[/IGM]

Thorne has amassed more than 17 million followers on Instagram and averages six figures on her posts — sometimes even reaching the millions.

She said she studied social media heavily, including demographics, ratios and engagement.

"I finally hit a mil (1 million). That was a big deal," she explained. "It's me standing in a rather body conscious dress. 'Oh this is what they like this is what they want to see ... OK.' So, I kind of trying to even it out."

"People get lost in the world of social media ... what's real what's fake," Thorne says in the video.

She said at a young age her mom ran her social media and would say things like "we should bake cupcakes to take photos of them."

And Thorne decided that isn't how she wanted to run things.

"What about just baking cupcakes and NOT taking a photo of it?"

Instagram did not immediately respond to a Daily News request for comment explaining its monetization.

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts
    Wow.......

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    This pretty much sums up everything wrong with this world.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (04-15-2018), RBP (04-15-2018)

Riding this motherfucking beat like a tractor
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,582 Times in 1,192 Posts
    #followmeoninsta