Thread: Dad who knocked out burglar raiding his home spends FOUR months under police investigation

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Really? Dad who knocked out burglar raiding his home spends FOUR months under police investigation

By Paul Harper - The Daily Star

Danny Crawford, 38, put crook Michael Carr in hospital after confronting him but ended up being arrested himself.

The case has echoes of the stabbing death of burglar Henry Vincent in Hither Green, London, after he raided Richard Osborn-Brooks’ home.

He revealed his pregnant partner Kate Fowler, 37, woke him in the dead of night to say someone was burgling their home on December 27 last year.

Their baby daughter Freya was in her bed upstairs at the time and the house in Hull was full of Xmas presents.

But when police arrived following the incident in the early hours of December 27 last year they arrested Crawford on suspicion of ABH.

He said he was in “shock and disbelief” after spending “14 hours” in a cell.

“They locked me up about 6am and I got home at 8pm the next night,” he said.

"We didn't ask for this to happen.

“What I did was done in self-defence.

BATTERED: Michael Carr was knocked out and ended up in hospital

"All I wanted was to get my hard-earned possessions back.

“I’ve been constantly worrying about Kate and the baby.

"It's been a horrible, horrible four months.

“I feel like my life's in limbo."

Carr, who has 80 offences on his record, was yesterday jailed for a year after admitting burglary.

The court heard how Carr had filled baby Freya's changing bag with family possessions – including a PlayStation 4, a Samsung 4 mobile phone, jewellery, cash, a "distinctive" wallet, a pink purse and a heart-shaped box.

Carr's lawyer, Dale Brook, said during his sentencing hearing at Hull Crown Court: "It's clear he was badly beaten and I have no doubt many would think that was richly deserved, but it doesn't detract from the fact that was itself a form of punishment.

"He had to be taken in an ambulance to hospital and is described as being in not a good way by the police officers when they found him."

A Humberside Police spokeswoman said after Carr was jailed: "We are continuing to investigate the circumstances of this incident so it would be inappropriate to comment on any individual’s involvement in that investigation or go into further detail."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (04-20-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    So basically, after a few of the recent stories, I'm going to assume that in the UK, it's illegal to defend yourself in any way, shape, or form.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

KevinD (04-21-2018), Pony (04-21-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    unless you stab a bitch

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,740 Times in 4,205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    So basically, after a few of the recent stories, I'm going to assume that in the UK, it's illegal to defend yourself in any way, shape, or form.
    Apparently you are supposed to stand there and politely ask the criminal to stop while he robs you, rapes your wife and kills your baby. let the police take care of it when they arrive 25 minutes too late.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,815 Times in 6,371 Posts
    When the fuck are the authorities going to be on the victim's side rather than constantly defending the bloody perpetrator? Bloody social engineers!

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    You have to incapacitate him just enough so that he doesn't kill you and your family - but not too much that, god forbid, you hurt him

Riding this motherfucking beat like a tractor
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,582 Times in 1,192 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    not quite, but you can't go overboard. As far as I'mm concerned, you come in my house, you aint got no god damn rights and you'll be leaving with your face opening every door.