Thread: "I had to": Dr. Strange actor rescues cyclist from gang of muggers

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts

Hero "I had to": Dr. Strange actor rescues cyclist from gang of muggers

Benedict Cumberbatch, the Sherlock and Dr Strange actor, has been hailed a hero after leaping to the defence of a Deliveroo cyclist to help fight off a gang of muggers.

The 41-year-old reportedly said that he “had to” intervene after jumping out of an Uber taxi near his fictional character’s home in London’s Baker Street.

His actions meant the attackers fled, it was claimed, as he bravely fended the perpetrators off who allegedly smashed the cyclist over the head with a bottle.

According to witnesses, he dragged the four muggers off the victim, who was in his 20s, after screaming at them to leave him alone. One of the men had tried to steal the cyclist’s bike, but nothing was stolen.

Responding to reports of his heroics Cumberbatch, told The Sun newspaper “I did it out of, well, I had to, you know...”

The Metropolitan Police confirmed they were called to reports of an assault, and that the group had headed off along Marylebone Road towards Baker Street. The victim didn’t need hospital treatment.

Uber driver Manuel Dias said the cyclist was lucky, and described Cumberbatch as a “superhero”.

Mr Dias, 53, said he was driving the actor and his wife, Sophie Hunter, but said he only recognised it was Cumberbatch when he was out of his car.

Mr Dias, who also tried to help the victim, said: “Then it all got a bit surreal. Here was Sherlock Holmes fighting off four attackers just round the corner from Baker Street.

“I had hold of one lad and Benedict another. He seemed to know exactly what he was doing. He was very brave. He did most of it, to be honest.

“They tried to hit him but he defended himself and pushed them away. Then I think they also recognised it was Benedict and ran away.” No arrests have been made.

Telegraph, London

https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe/...02-p4zj2i.html

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (06-02-2018), Muddy (06-02-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts