By Mark Hodge - The Scottish Sun

A STOMACH-churning video shows a woman drinking a cup of her dog’s fresh urine while claiming it has cured her acne.

American animal lover Lynn Lew, whose face is caked in heavy make up during the clip, says that lapping up her mutt’s warm body waste had helped give her skin a natural glow.

In the disgusting footage, she also incorrectly claims that drinking canine body fluids can help cure cancer.

She said: “Many of you have asked me how I always look so good, how my makeup always looks so perfect, or how I always have this natural glow.”

The woman then holds a plastic cup under her dog as the hound cocks its leg against a tree and relieves itself.

After filling up the container with frothy pee, she downs the liquid and even licks the rim of the cup.

She claims the mutt’s urine helped cure her acne

The animal lover, who was wearing heavy make up, claims drinking the pee gives her skin a ‘natural glow’

The lady is filmed filling up her cup before lapping up the warm body waste

She adds: “Until I first drank my dog’s pee, I was depressed, I was sad, and I had bad acne.

“Dog pee also has vitamin A in it, vitamin E in it, and it has 10 grams of calcium, and it’s also proven to help cure cancer.”

Drinking human or animal body waste, known as urine therapy, was practised in ancient Rome, Greece and Egypt.

However, despite advocates claiming the practise has health properties, experts agree that drinking liquid the body has chosen to expel is potentially harmful.

Dr Sarah Jarvis, GP and clinical director of Patient.info, told The Sun Online there is “absolutely no evidence” that urine has health benefits.

“Urine is your body’s way of getting rid of unwanted waste products, including toxins and medicines,” she said.

“It sends them out because your body doesn’t need it.

“Urine is a dog’s way of getting rid of unwanted body waste products too, and you have no idea what they’ve had their noses in.

“They could have been snuffling in pesticides or eating foods contaminated by drugs or hormones.”