Thread: Demi Lovato reveals she's no longer 'Sober' after 6 years of sobriety in new single

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Repeat Demi Lovato reveals she's no longer 'Sober' after 6 years of sobriety in new single

By Katherine Lam | Fox News

Demi Lovato hinted in a new emotional single that she relapsed months after celebrating six years of sobriety.

In her new song “Sober,” which dropped Thursday, Lovato, 25, sings she’s not sober anymore and apologizes to the “ones who never left” her side and fans following her journey.

“Mama, I’m so sorry I’m not sober anymore/And Daddy, please forgive me for the drinks spilled on the floor,” Lovato sings in the chorus. “To the ones who never left me/We’ve been down this road before/I’m so sorry, I’m not sober anymore.”

[IGM]p/BkSg2NYFnaW[/IGM]

The star has not released a statement on the matter beyond the lyrics to the new single.

The singer goes on to apologize to her “future love.”

“For the man that left my bed/For making love the way I saved for you inside my head,” the lyrics read. “And I'm sorry for the fans I lost/Who watched me fall again/I wanna be a role model/But I'm only human.”

In the song, Lovato promises to get help and says it wasn’t her intention to relapse.

[IGM]p/BgWX27oFLoA[/IGM]

Lovato has previously opened up about her struggle with drug and alcohol addiction and an eating disorder.

She marked six years sober on March 15, celebrating the milestone on Instagram with a “Self Love” T-shirt and a thank you to fans. The next night, she went on stage for her “Tell Me You Love Me” tour and gave a heartfelt speech, Billboard reported.

“Six years ago, I was drinking vodka out of a Sprite bottle at 9 in the morning, throwing up in the car," she told the audience. "And I just remember thinking, 'This is no longer cute. This is no longer fun. And I'm just like my dad.' So I took a look at my life and I said, 'Something has to change, I've got to get sober' -- so I did."

The 25-year-old also talked about her road to sobriety in a YouTube documentary, “Simply Complicated.”

“I wasn’t ready to get sober,” she recalled. “I was sneaking [cocaine] on planes, sneaking it in bathrooms, sneaking it throughout the night. Nobody knew.”

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    #SexTape

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts