Thread: 'F*** Brexit' Sting LAUGHS as Shaggy launches expletive-laden rant mocking 'stupid Brexit'

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Britain 'F*** Brexit' Sting LAUGHS as Shaggy launches expletive-laden rant mocking 'stupid Brexit'

By Oli Smith - The Express

STING was reduced to hysterical laughter after fellow musician Shaggy delivered a stinging, expletive-laden tirade mocking the Brexit vote as "stupid".

Iconic singer-songwriter Sting has branded Brexit as "totally insane" and "complete madness" as he delivered an explosive response to the referendum result.

The musician, whose real name is Gordon Sumner, was also filmed laughing as fellow artist Shaggy said "f*** Brexit".

Speaking with French broadcaster, France 3, Sting described Shaggy's furious rant against Brexit as "the most coherent argument I've heard on Brexit".

Sting, who shot to fame as lead singer of The Police in the 1980's before launching a successful solo career, has made his anti-Brexit feelings well-known in the past.

When asked in France about his thoughts on Brexit, the British musician said: "It is a disaster. I haven’t heard one coherent argument in favour of Brexit.

"It is totally insane. Why are we leaving the European Union? It is to our advantage and leaving it is to our disadvantage.

"There is no reason, it is complete madness. My country has gone mad."

Sting then made a gesture to his forehead, indicating his dismal view on the decision to leave the European Union.

Shaggy, who is on tour with Sting, joined the Remainer celebrity in attacking the Brexit vote.

The Jamaican musician said: "It is stupid. England was built not just by Englishmen.

"The other day, there were Jamaicans coming in to help build it after the war

"There is France, Germany. Different people from different countries.

"They are called immigrants, we are from everywhere. I am an immigrant. So I am with Sting. F*** Brexit.

Sting, who can be seen laughing next to Shaggy, added: "That is the most coherent thing I’ve heard about Brexit!"

The British musician's furious opinion on Brexit previously saw him describe Brexiteers voters as "turkeys voting for an early Thanksgiving".

In the past, Sting has said: ""I voted to remain. I feel that I’m a European

"I wish the referendum hadn’t happened, I think it was ill-advised - it was really trying to shore up the lunatic elements of the Tory party.

"I wish we could just reverse the whole process. I’ve yet to hear a coherent argument why it’s a good idea."

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts
    I guess he's just like the entertainment elite over here in the States... completely clueless.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Dancing monkeys..

Shelter Dweller
    vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    I guess he's just like the entertainment elite over here in the States... completely clueless.
    A no deal Brexit will be an unmitigated disaster for the UK.
    Now I doubt a no deal will happen, but if it does there are several very real consequences that the various parties haven't bothered to even disclose to the general public yet.

Brexit might turn out to be utterly awful.

Riding this motherfucking beat like a tractor
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,582 Times in 1,192 Posts
    there is no might about it. I hope I'm wrong, but this will be a fucking disaster. And without trying to sound like a twat, if there was another referendum or the country knew then what it knows now (just how clueles these dipshits in charge of this whole shambles are), the result would be different

weapon of mass consumption redred's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,562 Times in 3,632 Posts
    It wasn't me

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    I see Liberalism is a world wide disease..

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post

Shelter Dweller
    vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    Nope. Trade however is a world wide necessity, I doubt we will have a no deal Brexit, but if we do, we will be utterly fucked!
    Noone has an concept of just how fucked it will be immediately, and for the foreseeable future.

Not wanting Brexit is nothing to do with left or right, it is about idiocy.
    Sure some European things would be nice to adapt and get rid of, but no deal only serves the few who have incredible wealth, or those who are utterly retarded.

As I said I doubt we shall end up with no deal. But if we do, it'll be insane for a while as companies work out just how fucked the government has left them.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts
    Why will y'all be fucked? I know "you can't go back home again", as the saying goes, but y'all were perfectly fine before you joined the EU, so it stands to reason that y'all could get back to being fine again without the EU. What am I missing?

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

Shelter Dweller
    vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Why will y'all be fucked? I know "you can't go back home again", as the saying goes, but y'all were perfectly fine before you joined the EU, so it stands to reason that y'all could get back to being fine again without the EU. What am I missing?
    This missing element is time.
    Time to put into place structures which will allow actual trading to occur.
    When we have deregulated certain processes to the point of making them easy and efficient for business, now with a potential 'NO DEAL' Brexit on the cards, all the existing structures are thrown in the bin.

They've spent two years getting absolutely nowhere on how to arrange things.
    We've less than one year left, but the boundary is slightly muddy due to 'transit period' which thus far seems to be a continuation of the current state.

In physical terms, say where I live, Northern Ireland joined physically to Ireland, but part of the UK.
    Significant parts of our food comes from the RoI, and the vast majority of our exports goes to the RoI.
    With a no deal Brexit, trade will be carried out under WTO arrangements.
    This is what the Brexiteers keep chirping on about, telling us how we won't be affected as WTO will apply.
    Yes it will.
    WTO doesn't allow for the provision of services, WTO doesn't allow movement of dairy products, or food products, WTO with the EU doesn't allow movement of pharmaceuticals.
    If it did we would be rife with ripoff Indian and Pakistani made up chemicals which pretend to be trade name drugs already.
    It is there to protect us.

Like I said I doubt they will allow a NO DEAL t eventually happen, but right now that's all they have managed to generate.

There are shared electrical supply across the region, currently there is no deal in place for the purchase and sale of vast quantities of energy.

Our pharmaceutical companies won't be able to sell to Europe. At all under WTO.
    We won't be able to buy medical and dental provisioning and equipment from Europe either.

This week the government spoke of food surpluses and stockpiles to ensure an easy transition, then said they wouldn't be responsible for it, as they know the industry will arrange it and supply it.
    The industry responding stating the government seems to have absolutely no idea of how the country's food is actually produced and imported, and how ' supply when required' is impossible under WTO or no deal, and we will have vast shortages of certain things under arrangements are put into place.

We've also been in Europe (so to speak) for 45 years. People seem to think its been a recent thing, 10 or 15 years of punishment from European beaurocrats.
    All this talk of making new deals with everyone else.
    It is complete and utter shite.
    Europe and thus us already have fucking deals with almost everyone, we are virtually tariff free with japan as of recently, Canada as of last year.
    The main US Europe agreement thankfully failed on stumbling blocks of the US companies being able to sue foreign governments if legalisation cost them profits, a fully insane part of any agreement. So Britain could go balllicking over that deal and end up paying gravely in the long term. Hardly matters anyway as anything we do export has been slapped with Trump tariffs anyway.
    Last edited by Hikari Kisugi; 07-28-2018 at 02:16 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hikari Kisugi For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (07-28-2018)

Riding this motherfucking beat like a tractor
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,582 Times in 1,192 Posts
    don't forget the positives though.... less immigrants