Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kavanaugh nod touches off Supreme Court confirmation battle; Dems warn of 'deaths of countless women'

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkChopSandwiches View Post
    They were all premade to bitch about any nomination

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...-supreme-court
    In fairness, we dismissed a former member who posted zero hedge links.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

weapon of mass consumption redred's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,562 Times in 3,632 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,892 Times in 11,967 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post

I didn't want to say anything, but...

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    ... and technically he's not banned, he just left in a huff and hasn't come back.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (07-11-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    ... and technically he's not banned, he just left in a huff and hasn't come back.
    This

And it had nothing to do with the links that he posted, we gave him shit because that was the ONLY source he would ever cite (and believe).

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (07-11-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Obvious Liberal Democratic group seeks dirt on SCOTUS nominee Brett Kavanaugh

By Lukas Mikelionis | Fox News

A liberal Democratic group says it is leaving “no stone unturned” to get its hands on any damaging information about Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh amid the upcoming contentious confirmation battle in the U.S. Senate.

American Bridge, a liberal political action committee that raised nearly $20 million in the last election, reportedly sent one of its political researchers to the George W. Bush Presidential Library in Dallas this week to comb through its voluminous archives for any troubling information about Kavanaugh's five years as a staff secretary and aide to the former president.

"We believe the public deserves to know the truth about Trump's nominee's beliefs, record, and qualifications, so we are undertaking an aggressive and thorough vet of Brett Kavanaugh," Harrell Kirstein, communications director for American Bridge, told the Dallas Morning News. "We're leaving no stone unturned. The stakes are too high."

The rush to find so-called opposition research came after President Donald Trump on Monday named Kavanaugh as his choice to succeed Justice Anthony Kennedy on the nation's highest court.

The retirement of Kennedy, who will turn 82 on July 23, alerted progressives and liberals, who fear that Trump’s appointee could swing the court rightward for decades to come.

The liberal PAC revealed Tuesday that it will pursue multiple Freedom of Information Act requests and send its operatives to the library to find out about Kavanaugh's political work. Researchers will also look at the nominee’s corporate and nonprofit ties and other records.

The group admits it won’t be focusing on Kavanaugh's career or conduct legal vetting, but instead will target his personal life and views on issues in a bid to uncover “new information to add to the conversation.”

With Republicans holding a delicate 51-49 majority in the Senate, Democratic political groups see the opportunity to obstruct and block the confirmation of Kavanaugh as long as they’re able to flip at least a couple moderate Republicans by focusing on the nominee’s past work and views on issues like abortion and presidential power.

Yet, most Republicans are excited about the choice, energized by the prospect of making the Supreme Court more conservative. Kavanaugh also benefited from a ringing endorsement from former President George W. Bush.

"Brett is a brilliant jurist who has faithfully applied the Constitution and laws throughout his 12 years on the D.C. Circuit," Bush said in a statement Monday. "He will make a superb Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States."

Yet the time in the Bush administration could become the primary source of ammunition for the liberal groups against the nominee.

Democrats are increasingly critical of Kavanaugh – in the wake of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into the campaign’s collusion with Russia – for once penning an article saying presidents shouldn’t face investigations and lawsuits, calling them “time-consuming and distracting,” the Dallas Morning News reported.

"You don't have to be a Supreme Court expert to know that Kavanaugh is going to rubber stamp Donald Trump's extreme and dangerous agenda from the bench," American Bridge President Bradley Beychok told the newspaper. "Kavanaugh is a career political hack and from the bench he has even backed the Trump's administration efforts to limit access to abortion."

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (07-11-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    This

And it had nothing to do with the links that he posted, we gave him shit because that was the ONLY source he would ever cite (and believe).
    I said "dismissed" as in ideas, as in intellectually written off, which had nothing to do with his forum membership status.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (07-11-2018), Teh One Who Knocks (07-11-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I said "dismissed" as in ideas, as in intellectually written off, which had nothing to do with his forum membership status.

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    Its legit news

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PorkChopSandwiches For This Useful Post:

RBP (07-12-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Obvious Liberals attack Brett Kavanaugh for 'frat boy' name

By Alex Pappas | Fox News

The latest line of attack from liberals against Brett Kavanaugh, President Trump’s nominee for the Supreme Court, is knocking the judge for his “frat boy”-sounding first name.

“We'll be DAMNED if we're going to let five MEN—including some frat boy named Brett—strip us of our hard-won bodily autonomy and reproductive rights,” the influential pro-choice organization NARAL tweeted Tuesday.

Comedian Stephen Colbert of CBS’ “The Late Show” also mocked Kavanaugh’s name.

“Now I don’t know much about Kavanaugh, but I’m skeptical because his name is Brett,” Colbert said during the monologue on his show Tuesday. “That sounds less like a Supreme Court justice and more like a waiter at a Ruby Tuesday’s. ‘Hey everybody, I’m Brett, I’ll be your Supreme Court justice tonight. Before you sit down, let me just clear away these rights for you.’”

Some conservatives expressed bewilderment over the attacks.

“So between this and Colbert, I guess the Left’s leading attack on Kavanaugh is his first name?” NRATV host Cam Edwards tweeted.

Trump on Monday announced Kavanaugh as his choice to replace retiring Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy. During the announcement, Kavanaugh, who attended prep school outside Washington and later went to Yale, was joined by his wife and two daughters and sought to portray himself as a family man.

“For the past seven years, I have coached my daughter’s basketball teams,” Kavanaugh said. “The girls on the team call me ‘Coach K.’”

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    That's the best they can come up with?

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    It is because they are all children.