Thread: Emails Show MA High School Teachers Refusing to Hide Anti-Trump Bias

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,096 Times in 59,906 Posts

Trump Derangement Syn Emails Show MA High School Teachers Refusing to Hide Anti-Trump Bias

FOX News

David Bedar

A group of history school teachers in Massachusetts pledged to reject teaching objectivity while they conspired to hide their anti-Trump prejudice, emails show.

The Federalist reported that the Newton North High School teachers were instructed by the principal to show their students different perspectives on issues like gun laws and immigration.

Teacher David Bedar accused the president and his supporters of “nativism, xenophobia, homophobia, etc.” and wrote that he found it difficult to teach other perspectives in early 2017.

"Personally, I’m finding it really difficult in the current climate to teach kids to appreciate other perspectives. ... [T]he ‘other viewpoint’ might not really be an argument ‘about which reasonable people can disagree’ and might not lead to any kind of intellectual, policy debate; it might just be blatantly racist," Bedar said.

A parent of a Newton North High School student said Monday on "Fox & Friends" that the prejudice began after his son was among a group of students that attended a Trump rally a few years back.

Ed Urquiola said that his son and the other students were subjected to anti-Semitic and hateful comments after their photo was taken at the rally.

He said that when the anti-Trump bias reaches the adult level, he sees it as hate.

"I think [the teachers] need to be re-educated and disciplined to some degree," Urquiola said.

Another teacher, Isongesit Ibokette, had also responded to the principal's call for objectivity by saying:

“I am concerned that the call for ‘objectivity’ may just inadvertently become the most effective destructive weapon against social justice.”

In a statement, Principal Henry J. Turner said that he supports the emails exchanged between the teachers and that they show "ways in which to allow thoughtful discussion."

Urquiola said he's unsure if the teachers in question should be fired.

"I wouldn't hire them for my business," he said.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (08-13-2018)