Thread: Arizona father beats, kills man who followed his daughter into bathroom stall, police say

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts

Justice Arizona father beats, kills man who followed his daughter into bathroom stall, police say

By Katherine Lam | Fox News

An Arizona father decided to “take care of a situation” his own way when he killed a man who attempted to enter a bathroom stall his daughter was in, police said.

Melvin Harris III faces a second-degree murder charge in the beating death of Leon Leevon Armstrong, AZFamily.com reported on Tuesday. Harris was taken into custody earlier this month after the deadly encounter at a QuikTrip convenience store in Phoenix involving his 16-year-old daughter.

The 40-year-old was waiting in the parking lot to pick up his daughter and two friends when Armstrong approached him asking for money. Harris gave him some change and Armstrong went into the store.

Harris’ daughter came out of the store and told her father that a man tried to enter her bathroom stall by violently shaking the door, police said. She said she told the employees who alerted the security guard.

She then identified Armstrong as the alleged harasser when she spotted him walking out of the store.

Possibly thinking not enough was being done, Harris approached the security guard and told him to “take care of the situation, or he would do it himself.” The guard said the incident was being handled.

The protective father, however, confronted Armstrong about the incident and then attacked him, authorities said. Witnesses told police Harris repeatedly stomped, punched and kicked the man.

Harris fled the scene. Armstrong was taken to the hospital where he later died. He suffered brain swelling, a nasal fracture and loss of oxygen.

Harris was arrested at his home. He later admitted he struck Armstrong in the face, but claims he didn’t throw the first punch, the report stated. He also denied hitting Armstrong when he was on the ground.

Harris’ fiancee, Diana Jackson, told AZFamily.com that Harris was protecting his daughter.

"I'm not mad at him. I don't feel like he did anything wrong. I love him. He did what he was supposed to do for our kid. You cannot tell someone they're wrong for protecting their children," Jackson told the station. "I would have done the same thing. I don't feel bad at all for his actions. I feel bad that the man ended up dying in the process. I do.”

Jackson said it’s unfair her fiancé is being treated as a criminal for protecting his child.

Armstrong reportedly also had a criminal history that included shoplifting, trespassing and obstructing justice.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I doubt there's a jury in this country that would convict him.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Goofy (08-16-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Hang on... the guy shook the stall door? Or did he shake the bathroom door? A quick trip has large multi-person bathrooms? Hmmm... He never got inside, never got to the girl, never attempted any type of assault. Could just as easily be a confused or drunk homeless guy asking for money and thinking the door was stuck.

Then he exits without incident, leaves the store, then is killed when the daughter is in no danger? Sorry, that's an easy conviction.

If he would have been confronted in the women's bathroom during an attempted assault, I'd completely agree. Killing him when there was no assault, and after the event was over, and after he had left the store, is vigilante justice, not a response to an immediate threat.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

KevinD (08-16-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    Sorry, that's an easy conviction.
    Why? It's because he's black, isn't it?

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Why? It's because he's black, isn't it?
    and male
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.