Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Window Repair

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    If the window was from the 90s, they probably have retired the model by now anyway. No one sells the same model of anything for 20+ years. Even if they did have replacement sashes for it at one point in time, they may have decided a while back that they can no longer justify the cost of manufacturing replacement parts for older models from 20+ years ago, especially when they've got these brand spanking new windows with all these spiffy new features that they want people to buy.

Sorry, man, but unless you know how to make a vinyl window sash to replace the one that's busted then you're stuck. You could always start a company that manufactures third party replacement parts for old vinyl windows. It seems there might be a market for it.

And they don't have to do anything if they don't wanna!
    I wonder if I can get on Shark Tank

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
    Couldnt you just design and cut a new part yourself mate?
    No, it's a vinyl window sash, I need the whole complete sash, not just a part for it.

Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    They don't sell window sashes

Like I said in the OP, I have a single hung window, not double hung, and I have no problem removing it. We already swapped out the bad sash with the one in the spare room so we can at least have the functioning window downstairs where we need it. We never open the window in the spare room.