#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Drama Kendall Jenner infuriates the modeling community

By Elana Fishman - Page Six

Kendall Jenner‘s comment about cherry-picking her fashion jobs isn’t sitting well with her model peers.

“Since the beginning we’ve been super selective about what shows I would do,” Jenner, 22, told Love magazine. “I was never one of those girls who would do, like, 30 shows a season or whatever the fuck those girls do. More power to ’em.”

The reality star, who recently decided to scale back her runway work even further, continued, “I had a million jobs, not only catwalks but everything else. The whole combination was very overwhelming and I started to freak out a little bit and needed to take a step back.”

Over the weekend, Love magazine posted the model’s quote along with an image from her accompanying photoshoot — and Jenner’s fellow catwalkers flocked to the comments section to share how they felt about her workload.

“This makes me so angry,” wrote Victoria’s Secret model Jac Jagaciak. “So disrespectful to literally 99% of people in the industry — yes, they had to work their way up. Please get in tough with the real world!”

Added Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition stunner Vita Sidorkina: “Maybe ‘those girls’ need to pay their bills that’s why they are doing 30 shows? No words…”

Other models screengrabbed and shared Love magazine’s post to their Instagram Stories along with commentary. “‘… Whatever the fuck those girls do’ is do their very best to make their way up AND try to make some money so that they can provide for themselves and their families,” wrote runway fixture Daria Strokous. “Oh, and it’s 70 shows a season by the way and we are all fucking proud of every single one of the girls that did it.”

Peyton Knight followed suit, hashtagging her post “#ENDTHEPRIVILEGE” and writing, “This kinda disrespect towards other models who have NO NAME for themselves walking into the industry is disgusting. We don’t get to ‘choose’ which shows to do, and it’s an honor to do a lot… If we said no to multiple jobs we wouldn’t have a career.”

And transgender model Teddy Quinlivan shared a longer response to her Instagram Story. “As models we need to uplift each other,” she wrote. “If you are lucky as a model you might make enough to not be in debt to your agency; maybe even move out of the model apartment… Unfortunately this isn’t the case for the vast majority of models who have to leave everything behind including their families in pursuit of a better life.”

Continued Quinlivan, “Models don’t just come from Calabasas… they come from Somalia, the Siberian tundra, a rural village in China, a trailer park in Tennessee. Making disparaging comments about your peers doesn’t lead to growth or unity which our regulation-less industry desperately needs.”

Jenner’s rep told Page Six that the star’s quote was taken out of context. “She realized the number of shows some models walk a season is closer to 80,” the rep explained. “The point was that it’s their path and ‘the more power to them.’ She admires their hard work and dedication. It’s an accomplishment.”

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (08-22-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    I didn't read her comments as disparaging at all.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts
    She's rich, they're not. That's basically what they're bitching about.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

RBP (08-22-2018), Teh One Who Knocks (08-23-2018)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    poor kendall

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,770 Times in 4,009 Posts
    These models are just hangry from starving themselves, ignore them

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    These models are just hangry from starving themselves, ignore them
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Godfather (08-23-2018)